Missing inventory items to node blocks

chlue

Missing inventory items to node blocks

by chlue » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:44

Hello I tried to get minetest running on my laptop and so far I miss many inventory items.

I use Debian testing and first had installed minetest 0.31 via aptitude. Later I tried to build 0.4dev myself and tested with various texture packs. The result is every time the same. The typical node blocks have no inventory items, while tools, ore,.. works fine and the 3d view is correct, too.

My system has a mobility radeon 9000 and I use current mesa drivers:
> OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI R200 (RV250 4C66) x86/MMX+/3DNow!+/SSE TCL DRI2
> OpenGL version string: 1.3 Mesa 7.11.2

Screenshot:

This was write on the command line when redirecting the primary output to a text file (something was still written to the console):
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
Irrlicht Engine version 1.7.2
Linux 3.1.0-1-686-pae #1 SMP Sun Dec 11 20:40:16 UTC 2011 i686
Creating X window...
Visual chosen: : 199
Using renderer: OpenGL 1.3
Mesa DRI R200 (RV250 4C66) x86/MMX+/3DNow!+/SSE TCL DRI2: Tungsten Graphics, Inc.
OpenGL driver version is 1.2 or better.
GLSL not available.
Unsupported texture format
Loaded texture: /home/chlue/.minetest/misa-minetest-pack-v5/mud.png
Loaded texture: /home/chlue/.minetest/misa-minetest-pack-v5/menulogo.png
locale has been set to:de_DE.UTF-8
locale has been set to:C
Loaded texture: /usr/share/minetest/skybox1.png
Loaded texture: /usr/share/minetest/skybox3.png
Loaded texture: /usr/share/minetest/skybox2.png
Loaded texture: /usr/share/minetest/skybox1_night.png
Loaded texture: /usr/share/minetest/skybox3_night.png
Loaded texture: /usr/share/minetest/skybox2_night.png
Loaded texture: /home/chlue/.minetest/misa-minetest-pack-v5/heart.png
Loaded texture: /home/chlue/.minetest/misa-minetest-pack-v5/rat.png

Does anyone have some ideas how to fix/work around this?

dannydark

by dannydark » Tue Dec 27, 2011 19:08

Looks like a problem with minetest.inventorycube although that debug post you submitted doesn't really contain any errors or warnings (is that defiantly the full log?)

also as a temp fix if your using 0.4dev you could edit the default mod init.lua and change every accurance of minetest.inventorycube("IMAGENAME.PNG") to just "IMAGENAME.PNG"

so for example:
inventory_image = minetest.inventorycube("default_stone.png"),

would become:
inventory_image = "default_stone.png",

Doing the above should fix images not being shown in your inventory they just wont be 3d cubes.
Last edited by dannydark on Tue Dec 27, 2011 19:09, edited 1 time in total.

celeron55

by celeron55 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 13:23

chlue wrote:This was write on the command line when redirecting the primary output to a text file (something was still written to the console):

If you want to do it that way, you should redirect both, stdout and stderr:
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
minetest &> log.txt

But Minetest always writes a log file called debug.txt, which should be in ~/.minetest/debug.txt. It contains more information than what is printed even with --info-on-stderr.

chlue

by chlue » Wed Dec 28, 2011 22:13

dannydark wrote:...as a temp fix if your using 0.4dev you could edit the default mod init.lua and change every accurance of minetest.inventorycube("IMAGENAME.PNG") to just "IMAGENAME.PNG"

so for example:
inventory_image = minetest.inventorycube("default_stone.png"),

would become:
inventory_image = "default_stone.png",

Doing the above should fix images not being shown in your inventory they just wont be 3d cubes.

Yes this works great. Due to the fact, that this aging system only gets 5..10fps anyways this should rest the case. I better enjoy the game with a sane framerate on my desktop, but now I can at least take a short look with my laptop :-)

celeron55 wrote:But Minetest always writes a log file called debug.txt, which should be in ~/.minetest/debug.txt. It contains more information than what is printed even with --info-on-stderr.

Should have thought about this myself,... Ok I just compared the log files from my pc and my laptop with and without modification. There are some warnings, but they are common in each log, so there seem to be nothing in the log regarding this problem.

Return to Minetest Problems