"Use" Key (E) Not working

Terl

"Use" Key (E) Not working

by Terl » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:21

I am using windows 7 64bit. Minetest runs great but E will not bring up the use menu at all. I have tried modifying the cong file with no avali. I tried remapping the key to others like U or TAB and just cannot get the use menu to come up. It sucks as I need to drop the item then pick it up from the ground to get it in my bar.

Am I missing something?

sfan5

GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

Re: "Use" Key (E) Not working

by sfan5 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:26

You can use the I key to open the inventory, the E key currently does not have any use. (besides walking fast)

Edit: italics -> bold
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke
Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

onpon4

by onpon4 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:32

sfan5 wrote:You can use the I key to open the inventory, the E key currently does not have any use. (besides walking fast)

Putting "I" in italics makes it look like "/", so I want to point out, the key to open the inventory screen is in fact "I" (uppercase i), not "/".

Terl

by Terl » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:35

sfan5 wrote:You can use the I key to open the inventory, the E key currently does not have any use. (besides walking fast)

How can you quickly get something in the hot bar then? Does it drag down? I tried that and it just drops it to the ground.

PilzAdam

GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:36

Terl wrote:

How can you quickly get something in the hot bar then? Does it drag down? I tried that and it just drops it to the ground.

The top row of the inventory is the hotbar.

Terl

by Terl » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:38

PilzAdam wrote:
Terl wrote:

The top row of the inventory is the hotbar.

Oh don't I feel stupid now :(..... I "assumed" it would be the bottom row...sigh.... back to my game then, just found some coal...

Thanks for all the help!

Return to Minetest Problems