Can't remove unknown blocks?

RAPHAEL

Can't remove unknown blocks?

by RAPHAEL » Sun Feb 12, 2012 06:29

I had a mod and removed it due to issues with it. The map now has unknown blocks there but I can't remove them. I dig them then they vanish and reappear.
"Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it kind, is it true, is it necessary, does it improve upon the silence?"
My mods: http://goo.gl/n4kpn
(Currently Various, Industrial, Fakeblocks, Jail, MoarCraft, Christmas, Replicator, minetest dev installer for linux, bash mod installer, windows mod installer)

kahrl

by kahrl » Sun Feb 12, 2012 07:16

Hmm. Normally you should be able to remove unknown blocks. Did they by any chance have metadata on them?

rahonejm

by rahonejm » Sun Feb 12, 2012 07:42

It happens to me too! I've deleted more minerals mod and now everything on my mine is surrounded by unknown blocks :(
Sorry for possible language mistakes

jn

by jn » Sun Feb 12, 2012 09:02

To remove unknown items and entities, you could try /clearobjects.

Jordach

GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:49

Use Sfan5' Nuke mod, or Nemo08's Dynamite, this actually works.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o) [$ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) $] ( ͡$ ͜ʖ ͡$) ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

My image and media server is back online and is functioning as normal.

rahonejm

by rahonejm » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:01

jn wrote:To remove unknown items and entities, you could try /clearobjects.

/clearobjects only clear unknown items...
Sorry for possible language mistakes

RAPHAEL

by RAPHAEL » Sun Feb 12, 2012 17:59

/clearobjects doesn't remove the unknown blocks. Nukes cannot be used since the objects are on the roof of my "home".

More information. I had the pumpkin mod but it kept randomly crashing minetest so I removed it. I then went to remove the unknown blocks on my roof (roottop garden) and they would appear to be removed but then reappear. They also spread. I dug them and a nearby block and when they reappeared the nearby dug block turned into an unknown block. What started with just pumpkin plant and pumpkins being unknown turned into pumpkin plant, pumpkins, stonesquare and some dirt turning into unknown blocks.
"Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it kind, is it true, is it necessary, does it improve upon the silence?"
(Currently Various, Industrial, Fakeblocks, Jail, MoarCraft, Christmas, Replicator, minetest dev installer for linux, bash mod installer, windows mod installer)

RAPHAEL

by RAPHAEL » Sun Feb 12, 2012 18:05

I finally just put pumpkin back on, removed the pumpkin items and removed it again. I hope there wont be issue with "wild" pumpkin unknown blocks.

kingtux

by kingtux » Sat Jul 07, 2012 16:57

I'm trying to remove madblocks from an awesome map on my multiplayer server. Madblocks has plants which grow on grass. I can't remove them, even if I re-install madblocks.

kingtux

by kingtux » Sat Jul 07, 2012 17:02

The engine should provide some way to remove mods safely, or at least allow you to remove unknown blocks.

Calinou

GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Sat Jul 07, 2012 18:43

You can use WorldEdit to remove unknown blocks.

Return to Minetest Problems