My fork - ownership of blocks, clans, teleports

Melkor

by Melkor » Wed Nov 23, 2011 05:15

I hope this inplementaton don't kill the use of minecarts even before they get implemented too. Teleport should not be easy to create, maybe using a new and rare material? Just my opinion :)

Menche

by Menche » Wed Nov 23, 2011 06:15

Teleports aren't easy to create. They require 8 steel blocks, which require 9 steel ingots each. So to get a pair of teleports you need 72 iron ore, as well as a block of mese. I think they should be easier, you would still need to transport things in the minecarts right? Disabling flying would also make it much harder to gather all that iron and mese.
An innocent kitten dies every time you top-post.
I am on the Voxelands Forums more often than here.
Try Voxelands (forked from Minetest 0.3) by darkrose

Melkor

by Melkor » Wed Nov 23, 2011 07:32

You are right about disabling the fligth mode, that make a difference, but is still easy find iron and coal, you don't really need to go underground. Just for looking in the walls of a mountain is possible find tons of them. Sometimes if you are lucky, you can even find MESE in the surface close to the spawn point! See the video post in the c55 blog, that guy -sirshadowwhatever- find, just walking, 5 or 3 MESE blocks (im not sure) in a small lake

hijera

by hijera » Wed Nov 23, 2011 18:29

the one of the problem is that server works only with player coords now - it don't know acceleration of player , only its coordinates. It helps player to change coords without any prevention.

RAPHAEL

by RAPHAEL » Tue Nov 29, 2011 23:08

Well first time me testing this on the public server... rather nice but I do have some "suggestions".

Slow down the flight. Too fast.
Change the textures to something that looks nicer.
That is all for now lol
"Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it kind, is it true, is it necessary, does it improve upon the silence?"
My mods: http://goo.gl/n4kpn
(Currently Various, Industrial, Fakeblocks, Jail, MoarCraft, Christmas, Replicator, minetest dev installer for linux, bash mod installer, windows mod installer)

Staffs

by Staffs » Wed Nov 30, 2011 14:46

RAPHAEL wrote:Well first time me testing this on the public server... rather nice but I do have some "suggestions".

Change the textures to something that looks nicer.

Bllshit the textures pwn.
Anyways to jochoo sry if i spell wrong anyways i think now all mods have to be lua scripted and not c++ check out celerons blog it says adding lua for modding .
I love mods :D

celeron55

by celeron55 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 15:12

I would be glad if Jachoo would try implementing this stuff using the modding API and report back to me if the API lacks some necessary functions or features to make it possible (so I can add them).

jachoo

by jachoo » Wed Nov 30, 2011 15:58

Damn. So much code must go to trash :/

RAPHAEL

by RAPHAEL » Wed Nov 30, 2011 20:48

jachoo wrote:Damn. So much code must go to trash :/

Sounds to me like mods a comin!
"Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it kind, is it true, is it necessary, does it improve upon the silence?"
(Currently Various, Industrial, Fakeblocks, Jail, MoarCraft, Christmas, Replicator, minetest dev installer for linux, bash mod installer, windows mod installer)

jachoo

by jachoo » Sat Dec 03, 2011 16:04

Blah.

Nowai.

Without client support clans and teleports sucks.

I don't really know what to do now. Shall I implement as much as it is possible now in Lua and leave the rest in code?

LolManKuba

by LolManKuba » Wed Feb 15, 2012 00:38

I've played this server on your client and the regular client yesterday and some of today but now I can't play, I tried everything, Getting the Jachoo Client, Putting in the password, checking the IP, I litteraly done everything, but I'll still try.

Menche

by Menche » Wed Feb 15, 2012 01:39

The server probably isn't up anymore; this fork is very old.

Death Dealer

by Death Dealer » Sat Feb 18, 2012 17:50

Works for me: ) is the teleporters not lua related?
Keep calm and code python^_^

Menche

by Menche » Sat Feb 18, 2012 19:42

Death Dealer wrote:Works for me: ) is the teleporters not lua related?

I meant this fork's multiplayer server. It isn't lua related, this fork was created before the lua api and hasn't been updated.

Death Dealer

by Death Dealer » Tue Feb 21, 2012 23:58

oh ya not working for me either. why no update?: (

jachoo

by jachoo » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:49

I'm now working on this: http://c55.me/minetest/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1047

When finished, I plan to port teleports & clans idea to Lua i Minetest 0.4.

Patience ;)
Last edited by jachoo on Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:49, edited 1 time in total.

Death Dealer

by Death Dealer » Wed Feb 22, 2012 17:32

Ok I'll be patient: ) I really enjoy the server you made: ) your the man!! I'm stoked for mescons and teleporters/portals:3
Last edited by Death Dealer on Wed Feb 22, 2012 18:28, edited 1 time in total.

jachoo

by jachoo » Fri Feb 24, 2012 20:09

Alright...

I see that even with my database Lua interface it's quite difficult to implement clans & portals completely in Lua. It would require changes in builtin.lua and some C++ code changes too.

Also, client-side clan's territory protection is impossible from Lua. Clan name can't be displayed. Teleports' names can't be hidden to players.

There are more problems: clans mod must be loaded as a first mod, to make sure that no other mod will interfere with territory protection mechanism.

Summarizing: it's all growing (again!) into a next quite big patchset, not just a mod. IMO it would be better to include clans support in code rather than in lua (just like auth manager and ban manager). Any comments?

RAPHAEL

by RAPHAEL » Fri Feb 24, 2012 20:30

jachoo wrote:Alright...

I see that even with my database Lua interface it's quite difficult to implement clans & portals completely in Lua. It would require changes in builtin.lua and some C++ code changes too.

Also, client-side clan's territory protection is impossible from Lua. Clan name can't be displayed. Teleports' names can't be hidden to players.

There are more problems: clans mod must be loaded as a first mod, to make sure that no other mod will interfere with territory protection mechanism.

Summarizing: it's all growing (again!) into a next quite big patchset, not just a mod. IMO it would be better to include clans support in code rather than in lua (just like auth manager and ban manager). Any comments?

I agree clans and such is better implemented in code but it needs to allow some modification via mods for future compatibility.

RAPHAEL

by RAPHAEL » Mon Feb 27, 2012 04:23

Hate to post again but is there anything currently available for "block ownership"? Just simple block ownership.

Jordach

GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Tue May 15, 2012 18:51

Hmm, I might make a server for this.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o) [$ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) $] ( ͡$ ͜ʖ ͡$) ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

My image and media server is back online and is functioning as normal.

Silverwolf

by Silverwolf » Tue May 15, 2012 18:55

Menche wrote:The server probably isn't up anymore; this fork is very old.

the server is up still i use it most often XD
Wolves live to find Paradise.
I have finally found mine.

playzooki

by playzooki » Sun Nov 25, 2012 20:14

I dont really like that any non admin player can kick players from the clan. Not sure about the non admin join either. But apart from that, nice fork!
bad signature is bad

Previous

Return to Minetest Engine