[Mod] KPGMobs [kpgmobs]

hoodedice

by hoodedice » Wed Apr 02, 2014 18:17

krupnovpavel wrote:
Just a friendly community service announcement that you would have much more control of your work if you used github.... :)

I have registered on github, but I don't understand how to put files there. The fact that my native language is Russian, a lot for me is a mystery. And I can't put images on this forum. Also, the reason is not clear.

Lemme try:

To put images on the site, first upload them to Imgur. I suggest you make an account first, and then upload the images to that account. Then, use the URL of an image you want to post and write

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
[ img ] [/ img ]

Without the spaces

Then put your mouse between the img tags and paste the link

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
[ img ] link here [/ img ]

I'll translate what I said with Google Translator, just in case:

Позвольте мне попытаться

Чтобы поместить изображения на сайте, в первую загружать их на "Imgur".
Я предлагаю вам сделать свой аккаунт, а затем загружать изображения на этот счет.
Затем с помощью URL изображения вы хотите разместить и писать

[ img ] [/ img ]

Без пространств
Затем положить мышь между IMG теги и вставьте ссылку на изображение, которое вы закачанный

[ img ] link here [/ img ]

Last edited by hoodedice on Wed Apr 02, 2014 18:24, edited 1 time in total.
7:42 PM - Bauglio: I think if you go to staples you could steal firmware from a fax machine that would run better than win10 does on any platform
7:42 PM - Bauglio: so fudge the stable build
7:43 PM - Bauglio: get the staple build

krupnovpavel

by krupnovpavel » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:00

hoodedice Thank you very much for the detailed explanation. The reason was in the fact what kind of hosting images I used. Now in my post the images. :)

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:09

krupnovpavel wrote:The reason was in the fact what kind of hosting images I used.

Oh yes, I know that problem :-( Almost any image hoster I keep using seems to shut down after what I consider a very short time. Imgur seems to require JavaScript, so it does not work for me.

Thanks for the nice pictures in the thread :-) I think they'll show a lot more people how intresting this mod is. I really love the bee :-) Perhaps it could interact with the bee mod in the future? That one does hives and honey very well but does not add any working "real" bees.
A list of my mods can be found here.

krupnovpavel

by krupnovpavel » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:50

Sokomine thanks, glad you enjoyed my bees. Yes in the future I want them to make a smart. So they sat down on the flowers and then returned to the hive. And I want to do bees defenders. The honey will appear in hives, and will be dangerous to take him. :)
But I would also like to create a mod poisoning. Because the damage from the sting should have a lasting effect. And that the meat is not to eat raw.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Fri Apr 04, 2014 13:30

krupnovpavel wrote:So they sat down on the flowers and then returned to the hive. And I want to do bees defenders.

Pretty complex behaviour for a mob :-) Most likely, mobf will be more suitable for such complex behaviour. The bears could be attracted by hives, and bees defend them against hungry bears.

krupnovpavel wrote:But I would also like to create a mod poisoning. Because the damage from the sting should have a lasting effect.

Hm, it is pretty difficult in RL to get stung by a bee. Unless you're trying to steal their honey I guess :-)

The items from the vessels mod which is part of default and contains drinking glasses and glass bottles could be excellent tools to catch a bee. It might also be very intresting to be able to catch some of the other animals and keep them in a fenced off region. With the current movement code, they'll just jump over the fence and escape. mobf works better there.

Amaz

GitHub: Amaz1
IRC: Amaz
In-game: Amaz

by Amaz » Fri Apr 04, 2014 13:49

Sokomine wrote:
krupnovpavel wrote:But I would also like to create a mod poisoning. Because the damage from the sting should have a lasting effect.

Hm, it is pretty difficult in RL to get stung by a bee. Unless you're trying to steal their honey I guess :-)

Or you step on one...

Inocudom

IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Fri Apr 04, 2014 18:17

The male carpenter bee should be a gentle creature and should not sting. However, you could add yellow jackets that, if threatened, will chase down the player and cause death very quickly. The yellow jackets could have massive hives of paper (which they will defend to the death, even if players just get near it.) Such hives could be massive underground structures made of paper with three block types comprising them:
The enclosing walls
The suspension pillars
The true horror, the combs, where the larvae are kept
The larvae could make for a very good source of food, and the paper that the hives are made of could be used in the same manner that papyrus is (and, of course, could be flammable.)
Last edited by Inocudom on Fri Apr 04, 2014 18:24, edited 1 time in total.

TenPlus1

GitHub: tenplus1

by TenPlus1 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 20:17

Any chance of adding a small monkey to the mix of animals you have created ? something that just runs around and climbs up things... kinda like this: http://www.planetminecraft.com/mod/minecraft-monkeys-mod/ also a Rabbit would be a nice pet to have jumping around or in certain MC mods able to place it on your head as a hat...

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 20:17

I've added raw and cooked pork chops to your mod since the warthotg/boar is technically a pig :) enjoy...
Attachments
kpgmobs.zip
(295.48 KiB) Downloaded 151 times

hoodedice

by hoodedice » Sun Apr 06, 2014 20:27

TenPlus1 wrote:I've added raw and cooked pork chops to your mod since the warthotg/boar is technically a pig :) enjoy...

Certified NOT kosher/halal.

=P
7:42 PM - Bauglio: I think if you go to staples you could steal firmware from a fax machine that would run better than win10 does on any platform
7:42 PM - Bauglio: so fudge the stable build
7:43 PM - Bauglio: get the staple build

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 07:23

hoodedice: maybe not kosher but certainly tasty :)

thetoon

by thetoon » Mon Apr 07, 2014 08:15

hoodedice wrote:
Certified NOT kosher/halal.

Maybe there's some partnership to build with the Bacon Mod ;)

Jouster27

by Jouster27 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 23:22

Nice mod. I enjoy the graphics for the mobs.

It's way too easy to get stuck on the horses. The controls just quit responding when the horse is in the same space as a block until you dig the block. This could use some tweaking.

It's a little strange to be able to click the boar and get meat or click the sheep and get wool. There may be folks who enjoy this simplified kind of play but I prefer to have to kill for meat or use scissors to get the wool. You might consider making these behaviors configurable in later releases of this mod.

Overall, though, it's a great start. I'll be interested in seeing where you go from here.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:44

Could I please request a Panda skin for the bear model for a specific biome on server...

Mikerhinos

by Mikerhinos » Thu Apr 17, 2014 18:06

Looks like a great mod !
Except I had a horse beside me, so well, instantly jumped on it, and controls are pretty messed up :s
Very difficult to turn or stop, and never found how to dismount (in 3d person view with F7 key character is inside horse).
Can't wait for next update ! :)

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:21

Perhaps the code from mobf can help with riding? Riding ostrichs there works very well (it only looks odd to others watching :-))

Re: [Mod] New Mobs

by 1704626 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 01:03

why are there spongebobs in the background

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Fri Apr 25, 2014 22:28

Will there ever be any consideration to add this mod to the Minetest sub-games known as Minetest-Next and Carbone?

dgm5555

by dgm5555 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:36

Great animals!
A few (small) negatives.
1. Your mobs aren't constrained by water, so they happily walk into deep water and try to wander around on the bottom of the sea (very briefly) before disappearing, presumably drowned!!!
2. They don't all appear in the inventory in creative mode. I've copied the code below to enable this, but I guess you will have to modify it so it's only in creative (not survival). BTW is inventar/invetar supposed to be spelt differently for the spongebob icon?
3. What about making them into a modpack (like sapier's animal framework (mobf) modpack: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=629). This makes it much easier to enable or disable particular mobs.
Cheers
David

-- just paste the following code at the end of the init.lua to enable mobs to appear in inventory.
minetest.register_craftitem("kpgmobs:jeraf", {
   description = "jeraf",
   inventory_image = "mobs_spanchbob_invetar.png",

on_place = function(itemstack, placer, pointed_thing)
      if pointed_thing.above then
         minetest.env:add_entity(pointed_thing.above, "kpgmobs:jeraf")
         itemstack:take_item()
      end
      return itemstack
   end,
})

minetest.register_craftitem("kpgmobs:rat", {
   description = "rat",

minetest.env:add_entity(pointed_thing.above, "kpgmobs:rat")
      end
      return itemstack
   end,
})

minetest.register_craftitem("kpgmobs:deer", {
   description = "deer",

minetest.env:add_entity(pointed_thing.above, "kpgmobs:deer")
      end
      return itemstack
   end,
})

minetest.register_craftitem("kpgmobs:wolf", {
   description = "wolf",

minetest.env:add_entity(pointed_thing.above, "kpgmobs:wolf")
      end
      return itemstack
   end,
})

minetest.register_craftitem("kpgmobs:pumba", {
   description = "pumba",

minetest.env:add_entity(pointed_thing.above, "kpgmobs:pumba")
      end
      return itemstack
   end,
})

minetest.register_craftitem("kpgmobs:cow", {
   description = "cow",

minetest.env:add_entity(pointed_thing.above, "kpgmobs:cow")
      end
      return itemstack
   end,
})
Last edited by dgm5555 on Sun Apr 27, 2014 09:06, edited 5 times in total.

Ackirb

Re:

by Ackirb » Sun Apr 27, 2014 06:30

Inocudom wrote:Male carpenter bees do not have stingers, only the female carpenter bees do (and carpenter bees aren't aggressive anyway.)

Actually, the males are quite aggressive. I live in the southern United States, so we get a lot of them in the summer. They pretty much chase after and, if it's small enough, attack anything that moves.

Inocudom

Re: Re:

by Inocudom » Sun Apr 27, 2014 20:11

Ackirb wrote:
Inocudom wrote:Male carpenter bees do not have stingers, only the female carpenter bees do (and carpenter bees aren't aggressive anyway.)

Actually, the males are quite aggressive. I live in the southern United States, so we get a lot of them in the summer. They pretty much chase after and, if it's small enough, attack anything that moves.

Where you live, I would imagine that yellow jackets would be far, far worse. With those wasps, though only the females have stingers, both genders have mandibles that can tear off meat, thus both genders are quite capable of biting. I once suggested that yellow jackets could be hostile enemies in this very mod, because the video linked to below shows they are extremely aggressive:
http://youtu.be/pkrbIy7RWKM

Concerning male carpenter bees, I have seen them chase after and tackle each other, but they never chase after and attack me. Certain species of wasps, however, will chase after and attack me (especially yellow jackets.)

TheEpicJames

IRC: TheEpicJames
In-game: Block_Guy

by TheEpicJames » Sat May 03, 2014 02:14

Could there be cats?
Cats are my favorite animal and i live with 5 of them in my house.

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Sat May 10, 2014 14:09

https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9240
Are you interested in adding support for your mobs in the mod linked to above?

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Thu May 22, 2014 12:54

I must ask the extremely obvious question; why is it that these creatures don't have sound effects? If the developer of this mod left, then wouldn't TenPlus1 be interested in adding sound effects?

This mod uses the MIT License:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIT_License

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 15:00

Inocudom: I've already forked simple mobs into Mobs Redo mod so that players have a stable base to add animals, monsters and certain foods for the game... It also uses the new mob api with knockback effects and better item drops...

https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=9917&p=151188

Wuzzy

GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:17

I like this one. I use this mod in my subgame called “Weird”.

Can you please update the thread title to something like “[Mod] KPGMobs [kpgmods]”? It’s hard to find this mod when one searches the forum for “KPGMobs” and just sees “[Mod] New Mobs”. Thanks. =)

TenPlus1

Re: [Mod] KPGMobs [kpgmobs]

by TenPlus1 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:37

Some of the animals from KPG are already in Mobs Redo so I've redone the remainder to work with the latest api and attached as a standalone mod :)

Cows drop leather in latest version of Mobs Redo so a saddle can be crafted (same as MC) and used to right click horses to make them ridable...

NEW: Wolves can be fed 8x raw meat to tame into dogs which follow player around when holding meat, will also attack monsters for you and health can be increased by feeding more. (install latest mods redo)

For those who wish to play without monsters add this line to your minetest.conf file:

only_peaceful_mobs = true
Attachments
kpgmobs.zip
(119.37 KiB) Downloaded 890 times
Last edited by TenPlus1 on Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:27, edited 2 times in total.

Rochambeau

by Rochambeau » Sun Mar 22, 2015 20:16

How do I get a saddle off a horse? Right click gets me up on the horse, left click adds it (the horse itself!) to my inventory

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 20:41

It was a quick addition to add the saddle to the mod so for now it allows you to tame a normal horse into a ridable one which you can add to your inventory on dismount... I may tinker with it to get saddle back...

Linuxdirk

GitHub: dsohler
In-game: Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Sat Apr 04, 2015 15:58

TenPlus1 wrote:Cows drop leather in latest version of Mobs Redo so a saddle can be crafted (same as MC) and used to right click horses to make them ridable...

Will they stay or despawn when they have a saddle on?

PreviousNext

Return to WIP Mods