End dragon and endermen plus the realm of the End

Evan

End dragon and endermen plus the realm of the End

by Evan » Wed Apr 23, 2014 18:39

Hi everyone i thought if minetest had a End realm and endermen it would be cool with the End Dragon too. is anyone avalible to make the mod? because i do not know how to. can some one make that mod "End dragon and endermen plus the realm of the End"

thanks for your time.

Evan,

DeepGaze

GitHub: DeepGaze
IRC: DeepGaze
In-game: DeepGaze

Re: End dragon and endermen plus the realm of the End

by DeepGaze » Wed Apr 23, 2014 18:54

the realm would be stacked and thus not hard to find, the ender man is in Mobf AFIK and the dragon is possible. the main problem is getting a good-enough modder to code a minecraft idea. minecraft has a story we do not, unless you find a map for this I doubt you shall get what you desire
there's no place like 127.0.0.1
The deep life Minetest text page
minetest cards

Evan

by Evan » Thu Apr 24, 2014 21:10

thanks its ok i like minecraft in all thought i'v always wanted to try to play

Achilles

In-game: Achilles

by Achilles » Fri Apr 25, 2014 09:25

Could this mod have a different theme? Its no point making MineTest an exact copy of MineCraft...

Rhys

by Rhys » Fri Apr 25, 2014 09:57

Maybe making the realm named "Dragmadge", naming the dragon "Dragorgon" and naming the endermen-type mob "Dragmen". Like what Achilles said, there is no point of copying Minecraft to Minetest, completely different game, completely different concept of gameplay. ;)

DeepGaze

GitHub: DeepGaze
IRC: DeepGaze
In-game: DeepGaze

by DeepGaze » Tue Apr 29, 2014 09:12

Rhys wrote:Maybe making the realm named "Dragmadge", naming the dragon "Dragorgon" and naming the endermen-type mob "Dragmen". Like what Achilles said, there is no point of copying Minecraft to Minetest, completely different game, completely different concept of gameplay. ;)

i love the idea but wish there was a "Queen" mob
there's no place like 127.0.0.1
The deep life Minetest text page
minetest cards

minermoder27

GitHub: ZNixian
In-game: minermoder27

by minermoder27 » Sat May 03, 2014 05:50

If you like MineCraft, you should look at MiniTest (it doesn't have the end dimension, though).

4aiman

by 4aiman » Sat May 03, 2014 14:44

Minitest is way outdated, although works great with current MT/FM.
Use it but for now, and have a look to the Overcraft version.

Evan

by Evan » Sun May 04, 2014 01:05

i thought over the idea at dinner tonight and i thought maybe the end realm could be a bit different after all or it could be tottaly different. thought i would thought maybe the fine if a bit minecraft but...at the same time tottaly different like in minecraft the dragon has healing towers if you know what i'm talking about. So to mix it up a bit, NO healing towers plus rename and make the dragon harder to kill. great??? let me know incude this text or reply in the text.

HeroOfTheWinds

GitHub: HeroOfTheWinds
IRC: WindHero

by HeroOfTheWinds » Sun May 04, 2014 01:34

Here's a twist: have someone who hasn't played Minecraft's End Realm to code a mod like this. Then the danger of creating a direct copy is diminished somewhat. (un?)Fortunately, I fall under that category...... but don't expect anything any time in the near future if I get the itch to do it. Currently focused on other projects... including real life ones.

At this rate, I'm surprised no one has thought to ask for a boss like Minecraft's Wither.
Nam ex spatio, omnes res venire possunt.
Why let the ground limit you when you can reach for the sky?
Back to college now, yay for sophomore year schedules. :P

Evan

by Evan » Sun May 04, 2014 20:10

yea i realized that it's a problem. :(

Excalibur Zero

GitHub: ExcaliburZero

by Excalibur Zero » Mon May 05, 2014 00:32

HeroOfTheWinds wrote:Here's a twist: have someone who hasn't played Minecraft's End Realm to code a mod like this. Then the danger of creating a direct copy is diminished somewhat. (un?)Fortunately, I fall under that category...... but don't expect anything any time in the near future if I get the itch to do it. Currently focused on other projects... including real life ones.

I agree that it would be best to have a non-Minecraft player make such a realm system. Such a thing could help to show off Minetest's uniqueness if it is done so that it doesn't remeble Minecraft's end realm much.

dgm5555

by dgm5555 » Sun May 11, 2014 08:01

Excalibur Zero wrote:
HeroOfTheWinds wrote:have someone who hasn't played Minecraft's End Realm to code a mod like this
I agree

The problem is, someone who hasn't played Minecraft (like me) has no idea what you're talking about, so can't even remotely create something similar. But couldn't you create something at the far edge of the map with an invisible wall blocking it off, then you could use player:setpos to move them there without generating the space in between. (actually the only reason I read the post was because I thought someone may have created a dragon which I thought would be cool)

Excalibur Zero

GitHub: ExcaliburZero

by Excalibur Zero » Sun May 11, 2014 15:00

dgm5555 wrote:
Excalibur Zero wrote:
HeroOfTheWinds wrote:have someone who hasn't played Minecraft's End Realm to code a mod like this
I agree

The problem is, someone who hasn't played Minecraft (like me) has no idea what you're talking about, so can't even remotely create something similar. But couldn't you create something at the far edge of the map with an invisible wall blocking it off, then you could use player:setpos to move them there without generating the space in between. (actually the only reason I read the post was because I thought someone may have created a dragon which I thought would be cool)

Honestly I don't know exactly what the End Realm is either, I've never played Minecraft.

But the idea is to have someone who hasn't played Minecraft make an end world realm, not specifically like the End Realm, so that way it won't be very much like the End Realm. As since they wound know what the End Realm is like, they wouldn't unconciously make it too similar to the End Realm.

4aiman

by 4aiman » Mon May 12, 2014 05:46

Ok, for those, who are eagier to try and didn't play MC:
- the End realm is called "air" in the sources;
- there's a dragon boss who heals occasionally by the means of numerous pre-generated structures;
- it has a lot of HP;
- it can fly though anything;
- it knows where you are any moment;
- you can't leave the End realm w/o killing the boss or dying;
- there lives only one strange semi-hostile kind of species.

The rest is up to anyone's imagination, like having leprechauns instead the enderman. ))

Esteban

GitHub: Esteban-
IRC: Esteban
In-game: Esteban

by Esteban » Mon May 12, 2014 12:56

Last edited by Esteban on Fri Mar 18, 2016 13:21, edited 1 time in total.

BrandonReese

GitHub: bremaweb
IRC: BrandonReese
In-game: BrandonReese

by BrandonReese » Mon May 12, 2014 13:06

You can find an ender dragon model in the description of this youtube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc3tvZEYwgg

I wouldn't mind seeing it animated for minetest. I would like to add a dragon to my game, and someone else mentioned they were working on a dragon model.

Return to WIP Mods