[Modpack] [farming_plusplus][1.04] farming_plus fork

MTDad

Re: [Modpack] [farming_plusplus][1.04] farming_plus fork

by MTDad » Mon Nov 10, 2014 06:01

Interesting idea Nathan, but I think I'll pass on it. Seems like something more suited for a mail order mod or the like, now there's an idea.

MTDad

by MTDad » Mon Nov 10, 2014 20:24

Just caught a big blunder on my part, dwarf fruit trees couldn't be removed. Just pushed the fix, sorry about that.

Along for the ride on that push was compatibility for Paramat's Paragenv7 and Watershed mapgens. Farming++ plants and trees will spawn and grow in all "green ground" biomes. If there are any other custom node mapgens anyone would like support for built in to farming++, let me know.

Inocudom

IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Fri Nov 28, 2014 05:55

I found this minor error today:
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
00:16:13: ERROR[ServerThread]: Assignment to undeclared global "node" inside a function at ...ek/.minetest/mods/farming_plusplus/farming_plus/init.lua:81.

Another glitch that I noticed is that wheat won't grow on farming sand, even though all of the other crops will.

MTDad

by MTDad » Fri Nov 28, 2014 16:37

Inocudom wrote:I found this minor error today:
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
00:16:13: ERROR[ServerThread]: Assignment to undeclared global "node" inside a function at ...ek/.minetest/mods/farming_plusplus/farming_plus/init.lua:81.

Another glitch that I noticed is that wheat won't grow on farming sand, even though all of the other crops will.

Fix for that error message pushed.

As to wheat growing on farming sand, it looks like that is by design from the minetest_game team. They use a fertility check to decide what can grow on either farming soil (sand or dirt). I'm guessing their intention was that modders would use their API for farming mods and come up with plants that had to be grown in the desert (or on desert farming soil at least) but this has obviously never happened. Otherwise, they simply forgot to add that "fertility" to wheat.

farming_plus uses its own API and lacks that fertility check, only using group:soil rating to decide if the ground is suitable, so farming_plus plants grow in farming sand when they probably shouldn't.

I suppose I could override default farming and allow wheat on farming sand, or I could add checks to farming_plus to prevent some or all plants on farming sand. The idea of desert only crops actually intrigues me, but not sure I'll bother. As it is I think there are only a select few who want more than apples and wheat, and even fewer still who want as many crops as I've already come up with. Of course I do this for me and my kids really, so who cares. If I want more crops I'll add them.

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Fri Nov 28, 2014 19:38

MTDad wrote:
Inocudom wrote:I found this minor error today:

Fix for that error message pushed.

As to wheat growing on farming sand, it looks like that is by design from the minetest_game team. They use a fertility check to decide what can grow on either farming soil (sand or dirt). I'm guessing their intention was that modders would use their API for farming mods and come up with plants that had to be grown in the desert (or on desert farming soil at least) but this has obviously never happened. Otherwise, they simply forgot to add that "fertility" to wheat.

farming_plus uses its own API and lacks that fertility check, only using group:soil rating to decide if the ground is suitable, so farming_plus plants grow in farming sand when they probably shouldn't.

I suppose I could override default farming and allow wheat on farming sand, or I could add checks to farming_plus to prevent some or all plants on farming sand. The idea of desert only crops actually intrigues me, but not sure I'll bother. As it is I think there are only a select few who want more than apples and wheat, and even fewer still who want as many crops as I've already come up with. Of course I do this for me and my kids really, so who cares. If I want more crops I'll add them.

But the sheer variety of plants makes for prettier gardens. I use this mod primarily for making decorated, diverse gardens. Sadly, however, most people don't appreciate variety very much, though I am glad to hear that you and your kids do. If you find comfort in knowing this, farming++ is used in the sub-game Lux Solis and in ShadowNinja's Creative Server, so your efforts are by no means in vain.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Sun Apr 19, 2015 02:33

Seems to be a very nice mod. The tiny "trees" for oranges, lemons etc. are especially well done. I love it how they regrow fruits.
A list of my mods can be found here.

fooljap

In-game: fooljap

by fooljap » Mon Jun 08, 2015 13:45

Oh, fantastic good MOD. I love it.

cd2

GitHub: cdqwertz
IRC: freenode - cd2 InchraNet - cd
In-game: cd cd2

by cd2 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 14:28

cool mod

Martno

by Martno » Sun Sep 06, 2015 17:34

Very cool mod.
One question: In TenPlus1's Farming Redo a new growing routine added, that allows crops to grow even when player is away doing other things. I didn't test this mod yet, so I don't know if this mod has this feature, or not. If not, is it possible to add that feature?

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Wed Sep 23, 2015 13:04

Martno wrote:Very cool mod.
One question: In TenPlus1's Farming Redo a new growing routine added, that allows crops to grow even when player is away doing other things. I didn't test this mod yet, so I don't know if this mod has this feature, or not. If not, is it possible to add that feature?

I don't think MTDad maintains this mod anymore, so you would have to fork it and add said feature yourself.

MTDad

by MTDad » Sun Sep 27, 2015 05:24

While I'd say that "non-maintained" feels a tad extreme, I have to admit I lack time and desire to work on this mod at present. Were that not the case I still have to admit I have no clue how to integrate such a feature, sorry. I hopeto get back to it soon, I know there have been changes to the game that need integrating, but hopefully this mod isn't broken.

benrob0329

GitHub: Benrob0329
In-game: benrob03

by benrob0329 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 15:29

Nice! I like the added realism!

Previous

Return to WIP Mods