[mod]Mute annoying players[mute]

red-001

GitHub: red-001
IRC: red-001

[mod]Mute annoying players[mute]

by red-001 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 02:04

This mod allows players to ignore spammers with /ignore and admins to mute a player without informing the player with /mute, stopping them from rejoining with a different nick to continue spamming. /unignore and /unmute can be used to undo do the other commands

TODO
  • Document API
  • Stop admins form being muted/ignored?
  • Write a better post

Licence
This mod is licenced under CC0
Download
Browse GitHub repository.
Download form GitHub.

FreeLikeGNU

GitHub: FreeLikeGNU
IRC: freelikegnu
In-game: FreeLikeGNU

Re: [mod]Mute annoying players[mute]

by FreeLikeGNU » Sat Dec 31, 2016 03:33

was it something I said?

sofar

GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

by sofar » Sat Dec 31, 2016 20:54

pretty good, we should almost have this by default in minetest or minetest_game I think.

Wuzzy

GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Sat Dec 31, 2016 21:05

Yes, /ignore is a much-wanted important feature and I would be happy to see it in Minetest. NOT in Minetest Game as this is a core feature which doesn't care about subgames.
I think /ignore is much better than muting / revoking shout priv as everyone can decide for themselves who to listen to. But it's also dangerous for people to use since you risk ending up in a filter bubble. That's why I extremely rarely use any ignore features anywhere, and even then only for a limited amount of time to get rid of spam.

The /mute command is redundant and thus pointless. It should be removed. You can just revoke the shout priv for that. I think it is extremely unfair to everyone to silently throw away messages of a player without the player even knowing this. This is psychological abuse. It also subverts the entire privilege system. I think everyone should at least be able to know the own privs at all times.

Stop admins form being muted/ignored?

/ignore should work for all. Everyone should be free to listen to or ignore whoever they want.
I already said that /mute should be removed.
I'm creating MineClone 2, a Minecraft clone for Minetest.
I made the Help modpack, adding in-game help to Minetest.

TumeniNodes

GitHub: TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Sun Jan 01, 2017 03:52

Wuzzy wrote:Yes, /ignore is a much-wanted important feature and I would be happy to see it in Minetest. NOT in Minetest Game as this is a core feature which doesn't care about subgames.
I think /ignore is much better than muting / revoking shout priv as everyone can decide for themselves who to listen to. But it's also dangerous for people to use since you risk ending up in a filter bubble. That's why I extremely rarely use any ignore features anywhere, and even then only for a limited amount of time to get rid of spam.

The /mute command is redundant and thus pointless. It should be removed. You can just revoke the shout priv for that. I think it is extremely unfair to everyone to silently throw away messages of a player without the player even knowing this. This is psychological abuse. It also subverts the entire privilege system. I think everyone should at least be able to know the own privs at all times.
/ignore should work for all. Everyone should be free to listen to or ignore whoever they want.
I already said that /mute should be removed.

/mute="Wuzzy"
..... : / doesn't seem to be working...

:D j/k
Flick?... Flick who?

ManElevation

GitHub: ManElevation
IRC: ManElevation
In-game: ManElevation

by ManElevation » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:13

great mod
Hey there im going to be off minetest for a while because my company has been deleloping a game called Ground Conflict, if you wish to see some screenshots or have some info, than please join our discord server https://discord.gg/C9ygXJn

Fixerol

IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixerol » Mon Jan 02, 2017 14:49

Please add support files:
* LICENSE
* Readme.md
* depends.txt
* mod.conf

Return to WIP Mods