[Mod] Really simple hunger [simple_hunger]

oscar14

GitHub: camus14

[Mod] Really simple hunger [simple_hunger]

by oscar14 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 20:51

This adds a hunger mechanic that is really simple yet very restrictive. Is based only in the actions we make that create a change in the world, for example, when we dig or place a node, the healt goes down when we do something of this nature with hunger, aside of this the healt works basically the same as in the default game, you need to eat to recover healt. Walk or jump doesn't affect your hunger.

I made this because I wanted something simple that gives more importance to food. Is very restrictive so it creates a more slow and strategic gameplay for builders, you need to manage your resources to build stuff, you need to calculate your food and how to get it to make it efficient. It forces you to think before build.

For now it only works with the food in the Minetest_game. I have tested it for a while and works for me but if someone else use it and have problems I will try to fix it.

Updates
The golden apple update.
- Now you can craft a golden apple. If you put the golden apple in the last position of the hotbar, it will automatically replenish your hunger bar until the golden apple runs out.
- After a lot of testing (playing haha) I made a little balancing in the food too.

GitHub project page

Download from GitHub
Attachments
simple_hunger.png
simple_hunger.png (412.35 KiB) Viewed 1201 times
Last edited by oscar14 on Sun Jan 15, 2017 21:45, edited 4 times in total.

octacian

GitHub: octacian
IRC: octacian
In-game: octacian

Re: [Mod] Really simple hunger [simple_hunger]

by octacian » Mon Jan 02, 2017 20:55

Nice! I'll test it later today. Try putting it on GitHub, it'd make it far easier for people to contribute their own ideas and in general just nicer.
God isn't dead!

My Coolest Mods:
MicroExpansion, Working Computers, Interchangeable Hands

Check out my YouTube channel! (octacian)

oscar14

by oscar14 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 00:35

I want to do that but I'm not sure how, I will investigate. Thanks for your comment! If you do the test let me know what you think.

sofar

GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

by sofar » Tue Jan 03, 2017 01:37

Any reason you're not re-using `stamina` mod? This does look like it does mostly the same thing.

https://github.com/minetest-mods/stamina

oscar14

by oscar14 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 02:26

They are similar but I think they are different enough. In the stamina mod the healing depends on the level of hunger and a ticking time. This is more simple and the healing mechanic remains the same as in the normal game and you need the food to heal too, I think this is the biggest difference.

It is a really simple hunger mechanic, I just wanted something without the ticking part that is in the stamina mod, I don't know if that part is configurable there.

PD. It is on GitHub now.

TenPlus1

GitHub: tenplus1

by TenPlus1 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:46

+1 for Stamina mod.

ManElevation

GitHub: ManElevation
IRC: ManElevation
In-game: ManElevation

by ManElevation » Wed Jan 04, 2017 06:53

nice! +1
Hey there im going to be off minetest for a while because my company has been deleloping a game called Ground Conflict, if you wish to see some screenshots or have some info, than please join our discord server https://discord.gg/C9ygXJn

oscar14

by oscar14 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 21:44

The golden apple update.
- Now you can craft a golden apple. If you put the golden apple in the last position of the hotbar, it will automatically replenish your hunger bar until the golden apple runs out.
- After a lot of testing (playing haha) I made a little balancing in the food too.

Return to WIP Mods