[Mod Request] LogBlock/BigBrother

jpenguin

[Mod Request] LogBlock/BigBrother

by jpenguin » Thu Jun 28, 2012 18:06

If you've run a MineCraft server you probably know what these are. Basically, the record each time a player interact or places a block; and let you right-click a block with a stick to see who placed it or issue a /lb command to see all block history in a set radius I have no idea if this would currently be possible in MineTest, but I thought I'd through the idea out there.

Calinou

GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Thu Jun 28, 2012 20:01

There is a "rollback" mod but it is quite slow, especially when playing and hosting a server on the same machine due to disk activity.

Menche

by Menche » Thu Jun 28, 2012 20:49

I have a less-polished version of this, I just save the server output to a file and search for coordinates. It also saves chat. It requires launching the server differently, an easier way of finding and searching coordinates would be really great.

Anyway, this is what I do; run these commands in a terminal emulator:
To save to a file called servlog.txt:
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
minetestserver --gameid minetest 2>> servlog.txt

To get a history of what happened to a block:
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
grep "(coordinates)" servlog.txt

To search chat messages of several players:
grep "CHAT" servlog.txt | grep -e player1 -e player2

There's a conversation about this here: http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2029&p=2
Last edited by Menche on Thu Jun 28, 2012 20:53, edited 1 time in total.
An innocent kitten dies every time you top-post.
I am on the Voxelands Forums more often than here.
Try Voxelands (forked from Minetest 0.3) by darkrose

Return to WIP Mods