[Mod] Thirsty [thirsty] (WIP)

programmingchicken

GitHub: ProgrammingChicken
IRC: gamer chicken
In-game: gamerdude

Re: [Mod] Thirsty [thirsty] (WIP)

by programmingchicken » Mon Jun 20, 2016 02:23

I have an idea: Change thirst loss depending on what biome you're in (heat parameter).
If this hasn't been added already, can you add it? (not even sure if the heat parameter in biome settings is even accessible past worldgen)
I'm bold. I'm sarcastic. I'm PChicken.

azekill_DIABLO

GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Mon Jun 20, 2016 16:38

by detecting sand around for example!
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
Hi, my username is azekill_DIABLO and i'm an exelent bug-maker(yeah...i know...i have a bad reputation)

azekill_DIABLO said: Mineyoshi+ABJ+Baggins= TOPIC HIJACKED.
My Mods and Stuff | Voxellar | VoxBox on GITHUB | M.I.L.A Monster engine
WEIRD MODDING CONTEST !!!

DS-minetest

GitHub: DS-Minetest
In-game: DS

by DS-minetest » Mon Jun 20, 2016 16:58

sand is also generated in caves and not hot biomes and you can place it
Do not call me -minetest.
Call me DS or DS-minetest.
I am German, so you don't have to pm me English if you are also German.
The background is a lie.

Ben

by Ben » Sat Jun 25, 2016 18:45

You could make a companion mod that sets the thirst_factor (see above) according to the biome, but yes, this sounds like something that makes sense "by default".

I've been occasionally reading something about biomes and temperature maps – does anyone know how "official" this is?

Ben

by Ben » Sat Jun 25, 2016 19:02

Version 0.10.2 released

Contains the bug fix by Echoes91, detailed above. Better late than never :-/

Don

GitHub: DonBatman
IRC: Batman
In-game: Batman

by Don » Tue Jun 28, 2016 00:46

Ben wrote:You could make a companion mod that sets the thirst_factor (see above) according to the biome, but yes, this sounds like something that makes sense "by default".

I've been occasionally reading something about biomes and temperature maps – does anyone know how "official" this is?

Knowing the different biomes is something I would love to be able to do. I know there was some talk about it. Lets hope it does happen. I check the nodes to get the biome but it is far from perfect.
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

A list of my mods can be found here

Ben

by Ben » Thu Jun 30, 2016 18:12

Don wrote:Knowing the different biomes is something I would love to be able to do. I know there was some talk about it. Lets hope it does happen. I check the nodes to get the biome but it is far from perfect.

I think part of the problem is that there is only a vague notion of "biomes", or whether biomes as such even exist at all. At least I can find no mention of "biome" or "temperature" in the Lua API.

I think that, like "ground height", the concept of biomes and temperature maps is something each map generator decides for itself, not something that can be globally queried.

maikerumine

GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Sun Nov 13, 2016 15:22

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
2016-11-13 09:30:04: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: Lua: Runtime error from mod 'thirsty' in callback on_dieplayer(): ...\aftermath\mods\thirsty/persistent_player_attributes.lua:109: attempt to index a nil value
2016-11-13 09:30:04: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2016-11-13 09:30:04: ERROR[Main]:    ...\aftermath\mods\thirsty/persistent_player_attributes.lua:109: in function 'set_value'
2016-11-13 09:30:04: ERROR[Main]:    ...ALLOUT\bin\..\games\aftermath\mods\thirsty/functions.lua:40: in function <...ALLOUT\bin\..\games\aftermath\mods\thirsty/functions.lua:33>
2016-11-13 09:30:04: ERROR[Main]:    D:\FALLOUT\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:407: in function <D:\FALLOUT\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:387>

Please fix, I depend on this sweet mod for one of my servers. :)

maikerumine

GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Sun Nov 13, 2016 15:44

It must be noted that if a player has a corrupted [during death] player file then when he/she relogs to server the server will crash. The only way to fix this was to delete the mod, or delete all player files, the latter I cannot do.

Previous

Return to WIP Mods