[Mod] Ultimate Battle Arena [uba]

indriApollo

GitHub: indriApollo
IRC: indriApollo
In-game: SudoAptGetPlay

[Mod] Ultimate Battle Arena [uba]

by indriApollo » Tue Feb 17, 2015 13:03

[uba] Ultimate Battle Arena

This mod adds automatised battle arenas to your minetest world.
Just create and enable it once, the mod handles the rest.
Install the gauges mod from Calinou to add a nice healthbar above the players.

I'm waiting for your suggestions and feedback in the comments below ! :D

Screenshot :
How it works :

A player with the 'uba' privilege creates a new arena by making a selection with worledit 'pos1' and 'pos2' .
A wall is then created, delimiting the arena.
The player can now place the chests and slabs that he received in his inventory. Each placed chest and slab will be added to the arena database.
The slabs are used as spawn points for the players who join the arena.
The chests are randomly (re)filled after each round with content from 'arena_name/items.conf' .
When ready, save the arena. Everyone can now join the new arena.

The commands :

Player commands :

• Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
    Code: Select all
    /uba join <arena_name>
    Join the arena
  • Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
    /uba leave
    Leave the arena you are playing in. The player can leave at any time.
    /uba vote
    The battle won't start until the arena is full. The players can vote to start earlier. The votes are available 60 secs after the opening of the arena.
    /uba list
    Returns a list of all the arenas with their name, number of players and status

Admin commands (needs the 'uba' privilege) :

/uba new <arena_name>
    Create a new arena in the worldedit selection. Returns the arena nodes in the catsers inventory.
    /uba save
    Save the arena you are editing. This also enables the arena.
    /uba edit <arena_name>
    Edit an existing arena. Returns the arena nodes in the casters inventory. This will also kick all the players if used on an active arena.
    /uba disable <arena_name>
    Disable the arena . This will also kick all the players if used on an active arena. The disable flag is set in arenas.conf
    /uba additem <arena_name> <itemstring> <count>
    Adds the given tool (itemstring) to the arena's items.conf with the given count.
    /uba rmitem <arena_name> <itemstring>
    Removes the given tool (itemstring) from the arena's items.conf /!\ Broken due to this Minetest bug

Privileges :
uba
Depends :
default, stairs, worldedit
Not needed, but useful is 'areas' to protect the arena.
Licence :
GNU LGPL v2.1
Browse code :
https://github.com/indriApollo/uba
Download :
https://github.com/indriApollo/uba/archive/master.zip

Oussamarer

GitHub: Oussamarer
IRC: Oussamarer
In-game: Oussamarer

Re: [Mod] Ultimate Battle Arena [uba]

by Oussamarer » Fri Feb 20, 2015 08:16

Man thats nice , i could use this to show my buddy whos boss
once again , thanks for the mod , off i go to create the ultimate arena !
edit : i spoke too soon , when i try and create a new arena , the last 5 lines in the debug are these :
08:32:33: ERROR[main]: ServerError: ...-0.4.10\bin\..\games\minetest_game\mods\uba/uba_core.lua:41: attempt to index local 'arena_file' (a nil value)
08:32:33: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
08:32:33: ERROR[main]: ...-0.4.10\bin\..\games\minetest_game\mods\uba/uba_core.lua:41: in function 'initiate'
08:32:33: ERROR[main]: ....10\bin\..\games\minetest_game\mods\uba/uba_register.lua:44: in function 'func'
08:32:33: ERROR[main]: ...ama\minetest-0.4.10\bin\..\builtin\game\chatcommands.lua:27: in function <...ama\minetest-0.4.10\bin\..\builtin\game\chatcommands.lua:16>
08:32:33: ERROR[main]: ...Oussama\minetest-0.4.10\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:348: in function <...Oussama\minetest-0.4.10\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:336>

another edit : even with the 0.4.11 it doesnt work
I make lets plays on minetest and other games , feel free to check me out and drop some suggestions : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-tWCtruQAQ

indriApollo

GitHub: indriApollo
IRC: indriApollo
In-game: SudoAptGetPlay

Re: [Mod] Ultimate Battle Arena [uba]

by indriApollo » Fri Feb 27, 2015 23:33

I'm sorry to hear that. Could you retry with the latest uba version ? I've fixed a few things.

Also be sure to use only a-z,A-Z,0-9 names for your arena and avoid spaces.

Return to WIP Mods