[mod] Air Everything [air]

12Me21

[mod] Air Everything [air]

by 12Me21 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 15:38

Because there are so many air-related mods, I have decided to combine them all into a single mod.

This mod adds 1000's of air related items; air tools, weapons, blocks, mobs, items, etc.

To install it, create a folder called "air" in the mods folder, and create a file inside it called "init.lua"

crafting:

A= air

AAA
AAA -> Anything
AAA

Krock

GitHub: SmallJoker

Re: [mod] Air Everything [air]

by Krock » Wed Apr 01, 2015 17:32

PilzAdam's simple air sword is much better, I think you should use something like ignore or NULL.
Newest Win32 builds - Find a mod - All my mods
ALL YOUR DONATION ARE BELONG TO PARAMAT (Please support him and Minetest)
New DuckDuckGo !bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Wed Apr 01, 2015 17:57

Can you somehow do something that you craft something if the craft fields are empty?
e.g.
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
   minetest.register_craft({
      output = "default:mese",
      recipe = {
         {""},
      }
   })
or
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
   minetest.register_craft({
      output = "default:mese",
      recipe = {
         {":"},
      }
   })

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Wed Apr 01, 2015 18:48

This is a nice mod! But since the crafting recipes are hidden, it can take a lot of research and experimentation to discover what kinds of things you can make with the air everything mod. But when you do discover something, it's usually pretty cool!

My favorite so far is the Flying Air Carpet, crafting recipe:
AAA

When you craft the Flying Air Carpet, be careful to note where you put it in your inventory because it's easy to lose track of it since it's invisible. Wield the Flying Air Carpet, climb to the highest spot you can find, and jump, immediately right clicking the carpet.

The Flying Air Carpet allows flight, but with some severe restrictions. You can not fly up, only down. You can control direction a bit with the directional keys, but you have no control over velocity, which increases the further you get from your jumping off spot. And there is no way to stop the Flying Air Carpet except for running into some object, which can be quite an impact after a long flight, so be prepared.

There seems to be a bug that occasionally causes the flight to stop if you hit an unloaded chunk, but this can only be seen on long flights.

The Flying Air Carpet is very limited, but still, since it didn't cost you anything but air, I think its a pretty powerful item.

Has anyone else discovered some of the other really cool things you can craft with this mod?

Nathan.S

GitHub: NathanSalapat
IRC: NathanS21
In-game: NathanS21

by Nathan.S » Wed Apr 01, 2015 21:03

I really enjoy the air foods, such variety, sadly they don't seem to increase your health, but hey, now I can eat as much as I want and not worry about gaining any weight.
I record Minetest videos, Mod reviews, Modding tutorials, and Lets plays.
Check out my website.

twoelk

by twoelk » Thu Apr 02, 2015 09:52

oh, the building blocks are terrific. So many shapes and styles. The best though is they are absolutely grief safe. Only drawback is that they don't work well for screenschots. Might be related to the old bug when water had a different and opac coloring in screenshots than ingame.

lightonflux

In-game: lof

by lightonflux » Tue Apr 07, 2015 13:02

The Air bow is overpowered please fix!

It not fair that it hits 3 enemies within a 3x3 block range. Even with mithril bolts and a mithril crossbow it is very hard to win against an air bow.

12Me21

by 12Me21 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 15:21

lightonflux wrote:The Air bow is overpowered please fix!

It not fair that it hits 3 enemies within a 3x3 block range. Even with mithril bolts and a mithril crossbow it is very hard to win against an air bow.

you can reduce the power by adding

to the init.lua

lightonflux

In-game: lof

by lightonflux » Tue Apr 07, 2015 15:47

It is not best practise to encapsulate whitespace into the init.lua file but it works. And you don't learn a new language everyday. So thank you very much for fixing the problem and teaching me a bit of a new language.

Don

GitHub: DonBatman
IRC: Batman
In-game: Batman

by Don » Tue Apr 07, 2015 23:45

lightonflux wrote:It is not best practise to encapsulate whitespace into the init.lua file but it works. And you don't learn a new language everyday. So thank you very much for fixing the problem and teaching me a bit of a new language.

What language is that? Is it " "?
Been wanting to learn that.
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

A list of my mods can be found here

12Me21

by 12Me21 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 00:14

Don wrote:
lightonflux wrote:It is not best practise to encapsulate whitespace into the init.lua file but it works. And you don't learn a new language everyday. So thank you very much for fixing the problem and teaching me a bit of a new language.

What language is that? Is it " "?
Been wanting to learn that.

no, it's " "
The code is written in binary, where spaces are 1's and the absence of spaces (between the characters) is 0

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Wed Apr 08, 2015 00:27

12Me21 wrote:no, it's " "

What is the best IDE for that? Is there an Eclipse plugin?

12Me21

by 12Me21 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 00:43

Kilarin wrote:
12Me21 wrote:no, it's " "

What is the best IDE for that? Is there an Eclipse plugin?

yes

Return to WIP Mods