[Mod] basic_machines [basic_machines]

rnd

IRC: ac_minetest
In-game: rnd

Re: basic_machines

by rnd » Sat Aug 13, 2016 04:44

there is wiki https://github.com/ac-minetest/basic_machines/wiki/mover:

inventory: useful for moving items between two nodes with inventories. You must select inventories from inventory list dropdown right to source/target fields in setup.

noob101

In-game: noob101

by noob101 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 19:55

Thanks, rnd!

OK, then there is something wrong on The sea is my life. While the power cells stack up in the battery (and ofc much free capacity), they are not consumed and do not recharge it. Any ideas?

Have fun, noob101

Beerholder

In-game: Beerholder

by Beerholder » Thu Aug 18, 2016 19:25

Hi rnd, so I tried to create a perpetuum power cell mover mobile using a generator to generate batteries and then move them to the battery underneath the furnace. All the movers are triggered by a distributor, the distributor is on top of a clock generator. For some reason the power cells get stuck in the first battery. It is correctly moving all the power cells from the generator to the first battery until the battery is fully loaded at 25 cells. They are however not transported to the second battery underneath the furnace :-(

I checked all the movers to make sure they are set to inventory, source and target set to "fuel" and that they point to the correct nodes, but everything looks ok....

Have you tried this scenario and got it to work? If so, then it might be a problem with the server (Cash's World) ...

Wonderful mod anyways, even having to do some things manually it still works very well and makes life easier :-)

Many thanks in advance!
Beer

Attachments
perpetuum_factory.png
perpetuum_factory.png (467.42 KiB) Viewed 3206 times

Beerholder

In-game: Beerholder

by Beerholder » Sun Aug 21, 2016 08:19

Never mind rnd! Just found out that I just need to finish all the power cells in the last battery and then they are moved. The issue was that (obviously) there were 25 cells in the second battery, and the mover tries to move all of them but cannot as there are still cells in the target (duhuh XD). So looks like it works!

OMG OMG OMG! I have a perpetuum diamond mobile factory thingy yay :-D

rnd

by rnd » Sun Aug 21, 2016 16:10

hi,

mod always checks if action is possible and wont do anything if its not. Examples:
- moving 3 pieces of cobble into chest with only 2 pieces of space left
- moving 10 pieces of cobble but you only have 7 pieces of cobble available
- trying to place something but that spot is already occupied by non air

Its not the only mod with "perpetuum mobile" stuff... ever asked yourself where all that infinite energy comes from
when using geothermal/water/wind power in technic. If you want to be purist you can grow fuel - like cactus/trees and only use that to power stuff..

Byakuren

GitHub: raymoo
IRC: Hijiri

by Byakuren » Tue Aug 23, 2016 20:57

Wind energy comes from the sun, at least.
Every time a mod API is left undocumented, a koala dies.

azekill_DIABLO

GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:33

wind energy comes from the rotation and the magnetic field of the earth. The Space Wind comes from stars
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
Hi, my username is azekill_DIABLO and i'm an exelent bug-maker(yeah...i know...i have a bad reputation)

azekill_DIABLO said: Mineyoshi+ABJ+Baggins= TOPIC HIJACKED.
My Mods and Stuff | Voxellar | VoxBox on GITHUB | M.I.L.A Monster engine
WEIRD MODDING CONTEST !!!

Byakuren

by Byakuren » Fri Aug 26, 2016 04:50

azekill_DIABLO wrote:wind energy comes from the rotation and the magnetic field of the earth. The Space Wind comes from stars

Wind is caused by pressure differences, which are caused by temperature differences, which are caused by the sun's heat. The contribution of the rotation of the Earth is marginal and I have never heard of the magnetic field causing wind.

rnd

by rnd » Fri Aug 26, 2016 05:57

Byakuren wrote:The contribution of the rotation of the Earth is marginal

Its more involved than that [1].

As for "space wind" - if you have charged particles like coming from stars ("solar wind") then yes, magnetic field has a big effect on them [2]

References:
[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coriolis_effect
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_wind#Magnetospheres

Byakuren

by Byakuren » Fri Aug 26, 2016 06:16

rnd wrote:
Byakuren wrote:The contribution of the rotation of the Earth is marginal

Its more involved than that [1].

As for "space wind" - if you have charged particles like coming from stars ("solar wind") then yes, magnetic field has a big effect on them [2]

References:
[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coriolis_effect
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_wind#Magnetospheres

Thanks for the Coriolis effect page. I guess the rotation of the Earth has a more-than-marginal effect, though temperature difference is still the main driver of wind. It's true also that the magnetosphere affects solar wind, but I was talking about air wind in my post. I'm assuming that's also what azekill meant in his post, since he distinguishes solar wind in the next sentence.

azekill_DIABLO

GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:28

ALways here to help :D
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Hi, my username is azekill_DIABLO and i'm an exelent bug-maker(yeah...i know...i have a bad reputation)

azekill_DIABLO said: Mineyoshi+ABJ+Baggins= TOPIC HIJACKED.
My Mods and Stuff | Voxellar | VoxBox on GITHUB | M.I.L.A Monster engine
WEIRD MODDING CONTEST !!!

rnd

Re: [Mod] basic_machines [basic_machines]

by rnd » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:19

Updates:

1.Replaced minetest crafting for machines with Terraria like system, where you simply put materials in inventory and select what you want to craft from list. Machines on the list are sorted in a way to slowly introduce machines to new player.

2. improved help
Attachments
constructor1.jpg
constructor1.jpg (69.86 KiB) Viewed 3206 times

DS-minetest

GitHub: DS-Minetest
In-game: DS

by DS-minetest » Tue Dec 06, 2016 15:18

nice, but theres a problem: you cant make a machine which needs more than 8 different components
Do not call me -minetest.
Call me DS or DS-minetest.
I am German, so you don't have to pm me English if you are also German.
The background is a lie.

ManElevation

GitHub: ManElevation
IRC: ManElevation
In-game: ManElevation

by ManElevation » Thu Dec 29, 2016 07:17

this is a awesome mod. but can you put a spoiler with the older versions please
Hey there im going to be off minetest for a while because my company has been deleloping a game called Ground Conflict, if you wish to see some screenshots or have some info, than please join our discord server https://discord.gg/C9ygXJn

echosa

by echosa » Sat Dec 31, 2016 22:32

This mod causes skybox image issues, at least at high altitudes. If I add this mod then teleport to `0,18000,0`, the skybox image doesn't load and these errors occur:

2016-12-31 16:28:52: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "sky_pos_y.png" while building texture
2016-12-31 16:28:52: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Creating a dummy image for "sky_pos_y.png"
2016-12-31 16:28:52: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "sky_neg_y.png" while building texture
2016-12-31 16:28:52: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Creating a dummy image for "sky_neg_y.png"
2016-12-31 16:28:52: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "sky_pos_z.png" while building texture
2016-12-31 16:28:52: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Creating a dummy image for "sky_pos_z.png"
2016-12-31 16:28:52: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "sky_neg_z.png" while building texture
2016-12-31 16:28:52: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Creating a dummy image for "sky_neg_z.png"
2016-12-31 16:28:52: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "sky_neg_x.png" while building texture
2016-12-31 16:28:52: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Creating a dummy image for "sky_neg_x.png"
2016-12-31 16:28:52: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "sky_pos_x.png" while building texture
2016-12-31 16:28:52: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Creating a dummy image for "sky_pos_x.png"

ManElevation

by ManElevation » Sat Dec 31, 2016 23:48

echosa wrote:This mod causes skybox image issues, at least at high altitudes. If I add this mod then teleport to `0,18000,0`, the skybox image doesn't load and these errors occur:

2016-12-31 16:28:52: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "sky_pos_y.png" while building texture
2016-12-31 16:28:52: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Creating a dummy image for "sky_pos_y.png"
2016-12-31 16:28:52: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "sky_neg_y.png" while building texture
2016-12-31 16:28:52: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Creating a dummy image for "sky_neg_y.png"
2016-12-31 16:28:52: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "sky_pos_z.png" while building texture
2016-12-31 16:28:52: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Creating a dummy image for "sky_pos_z.png"
2016-12-31 16:28:52: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "sky_neg_z.png" while building texture
2016-12-31 16:28:52: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Creating a dummy image for "sky_neg_z.png"
2016-12-31 16:28:52: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "sky_neg_x.png" while building texture
2016-12-31 16:28:52: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Creating a dummy image for "sky_neg_x.png"
2016-12-31 16:28:52: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "sky_pos_x.png" while building texture
2016-12-31 16:28:52: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Creating a dummy image for "sky_pos_x.png"

well worked perfectly for me
Hey there im going to be off minetest for a while because my company has been deleloping a game called Ground Conflict, if you wish to see some screenshots or have some info, than please join our discord server https://discord.gg/C9ygXJn

echosa

by echosa » Sun Jan 01, 2017 00:46

Here's a short video of it happening. In the video, I create a new world and show that the only mods I have enabled are the basic default mods that come with Minetest Game and basic_machines. I also show that I'm using Minetest 0.4.15.

https://cl.ly/0v3O0Q3W151h

ManElevation

by ManElevation » Sun Jan 01, 2017 07:18

echosa wrote:Here's a short video of it happening. In the video, I create a new world and show that the only mods I have enabled are the basic default mods that come with Minetest Game and basic_machines. I also show that I'm using Minetest 0.4.15.

https://cl.ly/0v3O0Q3W151h

you need to add the sky mod ---> https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13775

echosa

by echosa » Sun Jan 01, 2017 09:31

Ah. Ok. The main post just says "Dependence: default". Thanks. I'll try that tomorrow.

DS-minetest

by DS-minetest » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:05

no, you have to add the textures to the "textures" folder of basic_machines or to another mod textures folder but then you have to add this mod to depends.txt (add a "?" to the end of the mod name to make it optional)
the textures are:
"sky_pos_y.png",
"sky_neg_y.png",
"sky_pos_z.png",
"sky_neg_z.png",
"sky_neg_x.png" and
"sky_pos_x.png"
they should explain themselves
The background is a lie.

ManElevation

by ManElevation » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:04

echosa wrote:Ah. Ok. The main post just says "Dependence: default". Thanks. I'll try that tomorrow.

all ways there to help :)

ManElevation

by ManElevation » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:05

DS-minetest wrote:no, you have to add the textures to the "textures" folder of basic_machines or to another mod textures folder but then you have to add this mod to depends.txt (add a "?" to the end of the mod name to make it optional)
the textures are:
"sky_pos_y.png",
"sky_neg_y.png",
"sky_pos_z.png",
"sky_neg_z.png",
"sky_neg_x.png" and
"sky_pos_x.png"
they should explain themselves

and those textures are part of the sky mod

DS-minetest

by DS-minetest » Sun Jan 01, 2017 15:33

ManElevation wrote:and those textures are part of the sky mod

you can find examples for these textures in sky mod topic but you could also take other textures
The background is a lie.

echosa

by echosa » Sun Jan 01, 2017 18:41

It's strange to me that 1.) the initial post doesn't have instructions for this, and 2.) that this is required at all. I would have expected basic_machines to tell me it needs the textures/another mod or to have the textures/other mod already bundled with it. I guess I'm used to most mods either being complete or telling me that extra stuff is required. Like I said, it's just strange to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ManElevation

by ManElevation » Mon Jan 02, 2017 00:32

DS-minetest wrote:
ManElevation wrote:and those textures are part of the sky mod

you can find examples for these textures in sky mod topic but you could also take other textures

true but its easier for him

Ruggero

In-game: Fritz

by Ruggero » Mon Jan 02, 2017 17:54

I've tried out this mod. It's a little difficult to play but it can replace mesecons AND technic quite good. But the thing that leaved me most impressed of all was the Recycler. Now, i can't understand the code at all but i thinked: "if the Recycler can return only 75 percent of the stuff used for the crafting why can't it return ALL the stuff?" If this is possible the Recycler would turn into a kind of reverse crafting table device! (Good stuff for a mod)
Cheers, Ruggero.

ManElevation

by ManElevation » Mon Jan 02, 2017 23:06

Ruggero wrote:I've tried out this mod. It's a little difficult to play but it can replace mesecons AND technic quite good. But the thing that leaved me most impressed of all was the Recycler. Now, i can't understand the code at all but i thinked: "if the Recycler can return only 75 percent of the stuff used for the crafting why can't it return ALL the stuff?" If this is possible the Recycler would turn into a kind of reverse crafting table device! (Good stuff for a mod)

yea i know its hard, but when you get how to do it youll never forget, wiki ---> https://github.com/ac-minetest/basic_machines/wiki/mover

ManElevation

by ManElevation » Tue Jan 03, 2017 02:52

https://github.com/ManElevation/basic_m ... ro-no-fuel

i edited basic machines and made the enviro with out the need of fuel like the older versions

ManElevation

by ManElevation » Tue Jan 03, 2017 04:34

Rnd you can use this texture for something like a machine. no need to credit

DS-minetest

by DS-minetest » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:36

ManElevation wrote:Rnd you can use this texture for something like a machine. no need to credit

It looks like a compass.
You should post the texture at Post your mod texture requests here.
The background is a lie.

PreviousNext

Return to WIP Mods