[mod] GIS (form based maps) v.0.0.1

bobomb

GitHub: bobombolo
IRC: bobomb

[mod] GIS (form based maps) v.0.0.1

by bobomb » Tue Jul 28, 2015 07:24

Presenting a work in progress, the screenshot pretty much explains the goals of this mod. this is not to compete with minimap. I'm hoping that slope, aspect and elevation can some day be incorporated into the biomes or plantlife... also this mod complements some other mods I am working on such as realterrain.

https://github.com/bobombolo/gis

list of GIS analysis I hope to include in this mod: elevation, slope, aspect, water, watersheds, viewsheds, minerals, vegetation, harvestable lumber, hillshade, etc.

planned features: exporting to image file. performing spatial queries to locate spots that meet criteria such as slope < 30 AND aspect within 10 degrees of 180 AND within 200 nodes of water.

please don't waste your time telling me how slow the map load is. I am drawing in the formspec with thousands of 1x1 pixel images. The other aspects of this mod are what interest me and when minetest core finally allows dynamic image loading (at least in formspec) and exposes some image handling methods this hack will quickly be replaced...
Last edited by bobomb on Thu Jul 30, 2015 20:26, edited 1 time in total.

twoelk

Re: [mod] GIS (form based maps) v.0.0.1

by twoelk » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:58

exiting !

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Tue Jul 28, 2015 17:25

bobomb wrote:I am drawing in the formspec with thousands of 1x1 pixel images. The other aspects of this mod are what interest me and when minetest core finally allows dynamic image loading (at least in formspec) and exposes some image handling methods this hack will quickly be replaced...

you could use a big image, the combine and colorize texture modifiers and brackets, l thought about making a digiline controlled touchscreen mod for minetest using an object, which doesn't have a fixed texture

bobomb

GitHub: bobombolo
IRC: bobomb

by bobomb » Sat Oct 31, 2015 19:22

this mod has been swallowed by my realterrain mod: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12666
it remains as a sample of what hybridDog was just suggesting, which is how I was doing it.

Return to WIP Mods