[Mod] Dungeon Loot [1.1 alpha] [dungeon_loot]

BlockMen

GitHub: BlockMen

[Mod] Dungeon Loot [1.1 alpha] [dungeon_loot]

by BlockMen » Mon Oct 26, 2015 21:07

Hello everyone,

a simple mod that adds chests to dungeon with some loot in it.
You can find a chest in dungeons with more than 4 rooms, containing food, ingots, diamonds or tools.

This is a alpha release, but should work without any problems with Minetest 0.4.13

Git/Download: https://github.com/BlockMen/dungeon_loot

License: modified zlib-License

LNJ

GitHub: LNJ2
IRC: LNJ2GO
In-game: LNJ

Re: [Mod] Dungeon Loot [1.0 alpha] [dungeon_loot]

by LNJ » Mon Oct 26, 2015 21:27

Nice! Thanks for this nice mod!

----------------------------------------------
EDIT:

I use the mod with your CME mod (creatures) and I only found spawners in dungeons no chest.
And it would be cool if there is not only one chest in one dungeon and in the creatures mod not only one spawner.
My Minetest Modding Tutorials (German) | Minetest TNG - My survival subgame! (OUTDATED... :() | #ComeToTheDuckSide - we have privacy! | diaspora* - The free and decentralized alternative to facebook and twitter!

Martin_Devil

GitHub: MoNTE48
In-game: MoNTE48

by Martin_Devil » Sat Nov 07, 2015 21:20

You can make the setting for the emergence of chests around the world or around the player with the spawn, instead give_initial_stuff....

Neuromancer

GitHub: Neuromancer56

by Neuromancer » Mon Dec 14, 2015 01:13

This is an awesome mod. One of the things that makes Terraria a fun game despite it's 2d nature is the quest for loot. What would make this mod the best would be to add a property to all objects called loot_frequency. (0=never, 1=extremely rare, 2=rare, 3=average, 4=common, 5=extremely common. Then anyone who writes a mod could set this attribute in their mods, and your mod could read that value and thus make items from any mod have the possibility of showing up as loot. And users could easily modify those loot values themselves. An additional fun idea might be to have pots that can be smashed with an axe or sword that makes a smashing sound and the loot is just laying on the ground.

amadin

GitHub: Amadin

by amadin » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:51

Does this mod add chests on pre-generated map?

paramat

GitHub: paramat

by paramat » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:04

I doubt it.

amadin

GitHub: Amadin

by amadin » Fri Dec 25, 2015 15:09

How to enable chests fo all size (type) dungeons, not only for dungeons with more than 4 rooms? And how add chest to all rooms?
Last edited by amadin on Mon Dec 28, 2015 16:41, edited 1 time in total.

davidthecreator

In-game: DavidDoesMinetest

by davidthecreator » Sat Dec 26, 2015 17:52

finally an use for dungeons :,D

Neuromancer

by Neuromancer » Tue Dec 29, 2015 13:00

It would be awesome if this mod could use (depend? on ) the x-decor mod to do more, and actually decorate the occasional dungeon chamber with chandeleirs, anvils, book cases, cauldrons, and more.

Amoeba

GitHub: Amoebaa

by Amoeba » Sun Jan 03, 2016 18:49

Thanks for this mod! I got a bit carried away and created a bunch on modifications and additions:
The new init.lua and config.lua.
I've tested them a bit, and they don't seem to break or crash anything (anymore..).
I can push them to github if you want.

Neuromancer

by Neuromancer » Tue Jan 05, 2016 02:44

Amoeba wrote:Thanks for this mod! I got a bit carried away and created a bunch on modifications and additions:
The new init.lua and config.lua.
I've tested them a bit, and they don't seem to break or crash anything (anymore..).
I can push them to github if you want.

I looked at the code, what changes did you make? Did you make more valuable loot show up the deeper you go? Did you add new items to the loot? Or something else?

Amoeba

by Amoeba » Tue Jan 05, 2016 14:03

Neuromancer wrote:I looked at the code, what changes did you make? Did you make more valuable loot show up the deeper you go? Did you add new items to the loot? Or something else?

I separated the single table of loot into different categories (config.lua) and created a couple of different ways for loot to be generated (init.lua).
The first, for treasure and tools/weapons, adds better (and sometimes more, for treasure) items at deeper cutoff points (though all are possible, just very unlikely at deeper depths).
The second, for consumables and seedlings, simply generates some amount; the chance is relative to the sum of the chances in the table, and the amount is number in the table (with less above -200 and more below -2000, and the depths can also be changed).

I'm thinking of adding a few more fields to the loot_types-table, so that new loot types can be added without any need for the actual coding in init.lua.

Neuromancer

by Neuromancer » Wed Jan 06, 2016 03:09

Awesome. Thanks for adding all of this. I wish there were a way of getting things from mods like the gear from these mods:
Night Vision Goggles - Aqua
Hook - UjEdwin
Simple Shooter - Stu

Amoeba

by Amoeba » Wed Jan 06, 2016 09:37

Neuromancer wrote:Awesome. Thanks for adding all of this. I wish there were a way of getting things from mods like the gear from these mods:
Night Vision Goggles - Aqua
Hook - UjEdwin
Simple Shooter - Stu

You already can, by adding them to an if -block at the end of config.lua like the farming stuff is done. However, I can see that there might be some problems, so I'll try to work with the mod to make adding things easier and add comments on how to do additions.

Amoeba

by Amoeba » Wed Jan 06, 2016 20:35

Ok, after a bit of work got version 1.2 done.
Documented config.lua a lot more, should hopefully be pretty easy to add or change stuff.
Committed to my new branch at github: https://github.com/amoebaa/dungeon_loot
No major new ideas concerning it now, but we'll see if I get interested in something. No promises, but I might work on interesting suggestions. :)
(Only slightly irritating thing currently is that the chest will always be in the middle of the room, but that's pretty minor, compared, say, to how the dungeons themselves can be somewhat malformed. Also, for a more adventurous game, could maybe add a possibility of mobs to the dungeon and then increase the chest rewards.)

Byakuren

GitHub: raymoo
IRC: Hijiri

by Byakuren » Thu Jan 07, 2016 00:07

Could you add a way for mods to register items to be spawned as loot? I think it would be impractical for a server owner to have to go through all the loot items from each mod and add them to config.lua.
Every time a mod API is left undocumented, a koala dies.

Neuromancer

by Neuromancer » Thu Jan 07, 2016 00:35

Loot is incredibly important part of making Minetest fun. This is a huge step forward. What would be cool is to add traps to some chests, so when you open them you lose hit points or get poisoned. But if you open them when you have a lock picks in your hand, then you have a much greater chance of avoiding the trap. If you get poisoned, you need to craft a potion based on some flowers or plants that cures your poison. This could add an element of challenge to loot.

Neuromancer

by Neuromancer » Thu Jan 07, 2016 01:59

Or another cool idea would be to use the x-decor mod to randomly decorate dungeons with chandeliers, bookcases, cauldrons, tables, chairs, beds anvils etc.

Amoeba

by Amoeba » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:16

Byakuren wrote:Could you add a way for mods to register items to be spawned as loot? I think it would be impractical for a server owner to have to go through all the loot items from each mod and add them to config.lua.

I suppose that's a possibility. I don't think it lessens the server owner's job a lot, though, since mod creators may have wildly different ideas of how soon and how many items they might want appearing in chests; the server owner has to balance all the mods against each other anyway. Still, it's another type of functionality I haven't looked at yet, and could make things at least easier.

Neuromancer wrote:Loot is incredibly important part of making Minetest fun. This is a huge step forward.

Dungeons need more work first, and you probably need to have some advancement system (I'm thinking of maybe looking in to the experience points mods).
What would be cool is to add traps to some chests, so when you open them you lose hit points or get poisoned.

Then you also need a poison (or other expanded status effects) mod.
But if you open them when you have a lock picks in your hand, then you have a much greater chance of avoiding the trap. If you get poisoned, you need to craft a potion based on some flowers or plants that cures your poison. This could add an element of challenge to loot.

This sounds like a much wider-ranging "Adventuring" mod, probably collected and modified from at least a half a dozen other mods. Definitely outside the scope of just dungeon loot, though the loot would be a natural part of adventuring.

Neuromancer wrote:Or another cool idea would be to use the x-decor mod to randomly decorate dungeons with chandeliers, bookcases, cauldrons, tables, chairs, beds anvils etc.

Placing items correctly automatically is definitely a challenging task; you can see this in how the dungeons aren't always properly connected, with useless stairs and weird connections between rooms. Also the reason why the chests are just in the middle of a random room is that the only thing this mod gets from dungeon creation is a list of positions, each being the center of the floor of a room. Moving the chests to against a wall would be pretty simple, but it quickly gets more complex.

BlockMen

GitHub: BlockMen

Re: [Mod] Dungeon Loot [1.1 alpha] [dungeon_loot]

by BlockMen » Fri Feb 05, 2016 22:31

Update! Version 1.1 alpha

- Merged Amoeba's additions

Wuzzy

GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Sun Feb 14, 2016 23:33

I wonder if BlockMen is aware of the Treasurer mod.

It would be boring if this mod can spawn only stuff from Minetest Game into chests. Ever.
I'm creating MineClone 2, a Minecraft clone for Minetest.
I made the Help modpack, adding in-game help to Minetest.

Martin_Devil

GitHub: MoNTE48
In-game: MoNTE48

by Martin_Devil » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:25

2016-03-25 12:32:13: WARNING[Server]: Assignment to undeclared global "list_name" inside a function at ...0-win64\bin\..\games\default\files\dungeon_loot\init.lua:97.
2016-03-25 12:32:13: WARNING[Server]: Assignment to undeclared global "list_name_string" inside a function at ...0-win64\bin\..\games\default\files\dungeon_loot\init.lua:98.
2016-03-25 12:32:13: WARNING[Server]: Assignment to undeclared global "lsf" inside a function at ...0-win64\bin\..\games\default\files\dungeon_loot\init.lua:100.

mr_dean

In-game: mr_dean

by mr_dean » Tue Mar 07, 2017 14:43

Has anyone tested this with 0.4.15 yet? and, if so, are there any bugs that keep the game from loading it?
I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure that what you heard is not what I meant. - Author Unknown

Chibi ghost

In-game: Ghost

by Chibi ghost » Tue Mar 07, 2017 14:51

is this anything like glooptest? and it's random chests

Return to WIP Mods