Making entities collide?

SegFault22

Making entities collide?

by SegFault22 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 01:55

Hey all, I am working on a new mod and I need some way to make a moving object collide with an entity, or make an entity collide with a node. I can not say what the mod is or anything about it except that I need to make stuff collide (I don't want anyone stealing my idea or convicting me of stealing their idea/copying their mod)
Thank you
--SeqFault22 (aka max)
Resources are abundant; only money is scarce. People should not have to work hard and remain poor just to pay for the needs of survival.
Society can thrive without money - but only if productive members of society are rewarded for being productive.

LanDMinE1337

by LanDMinE1337 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 02:18

i know what your talking about.....and it was actually MY idea lol! cause im Spartacus :)

k so people can help you...imma tell them what the idea was....

the idea is, you know how movestone moves along mesecon wires? well i told him it would be cool if ANYONE could make a mod using the movestone code as the base.

And change the movestone for CARTS and mesecon wires for RAILS....you see where this is going? basically the carts would move along the rails just like movestone moves along mesecon wires. the only problem was to find a way to make the CARTS move ON the rails, not along them.....so basically thats his question..how can you make the CARTS move on the RAILS?

your welcome max :)

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 04:17

No no no I was going to make a MESECON-POWERED ELEVATOR. Don't randomly make it look like you're the creator of everyone's ideas, ok? and you never gave any of us any ideas for that - all you did was grief stuff, and we have logs to prove you never gave us ideas, and they can be easily accessed. So leave me alone, UNLESS you have the answer to my question of making entities collide.
And P.S. I got the cart to move ON the RAILS, but it requires a different type of block for every direction the cart goes (the direction it goes is determined by the block under it) and also it was MY idea to make the default ''rails'' have to be crafted ONTO a block of cobble to make a ''rail block'' that makes it look better. Crafting would simply be a rail node over a block, like wood for wood-bedded rails, cobble for cobble-bedded rails, dirt for dirt-bedded rails, etc...
Resources are abundant; only money is scarce. People should not have to work hard and remain poor just to pay for the needs of survival.
Society can thrive without money - but only if productive members of society are rewarded for being productive.

LanDMinE1337

by LanDMinE1337 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 04:32

SegFault22 wrote:No no no I was going to make a MESECON-POWERED ELEVATOR. Don't randomly make it look like you're the creator of everyone's ideas, ok? and you never gave any of us any ideas for that - all you did was grief stuff, and we have logs to prove you never gave us ideas, and they can be easily accessed. So leave me alone, UNLESS you have the answer to my question of making entities collide.
And P.S. I got the cart to move ON the RAILS, but it requires a different type of block for every direction the cart goes (the direction it goes is determined by the block under it) and also it was MY idea to make the default ''rails'' have to be crafted ONTO a block of cobble to make a ''rail block'' that makes it look better. Crafting would simply be a rail node over a block, like wood for wood-bedded rails, cobble for cobble-bedded rails, dirt for dirt-bedded rails, etc...

then why havent you released it? cause your lying :) and dont say "its incomplete" cause may i recall your stargate mod? it doesnt even work, and you released it.....so LOL

Jeija

by Jeija » Sat Jun 30, 2012 06:35

Cool down everyone!
Making an a mesecon elevator move is not a problem.
The real problems are
1) Making it look like an elevator. Ceck out my Github, it contains support for 3d meshes.
2) Making it behave like an elevator, what you mentioned, make it collide with other entities.
The best (and maybe only) way to do this is coding the collision thing in C++
Maybe you can use the code for physical=true, collision with nodes is just physical=true
Redstone for minetest: Mesecons (mesecons.net)

LolManKuba

by LolManKuba » Sat Jun 30, 2012 07:29

oh god them 2 r fighting again

Keriz

by Keriz » Fri Jul 06, 2012 21:40

Melkor

by Melkor » Sat Jul 07, 2012 02:32

Last edited by Melkor on Sat Jul 07, 2012 09:14, edited 1 time in total.

mauvebic

by mauvebic » Sat Jul 07, 2012 13:43

LanDMinE1337 wrote:
recall your stargate mod? it doesnt even work, and you released it.....so LOL

Thats because stargate is a copy/alteration of teleport pads ( http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2149 [2012-06-22] works) which is itself a copy/alteration of my linking books two weeks prior ( http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=25758#p25758 2012-06-08 works)
Last edited by mauvebic on Sat Jul 07, 2012 14:10, edited 1 time in total.
"Fuck the hat." - Paulie Gualtieri

LandMine

by LandMine » Sat Jul 07, 2012 13:55

mauvebic wrote:
Thats because stargate is a copy/alteration of teleport pads ( http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2149 [2012-06-22]) which is itself a copy/alteration of my linking books two weeks prior ( http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=25758#p25758 2012-06-08)

Plants also have a way of failing when theyre copied/clone too many times lol

Good for you bro.....here have a cookie

List Of My Creative Servers - http://planetminetest.com
The Walls - PvP Map - http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2906

mauvebic

by mauvebic » Sat Jul 07, 2012 14:06

LandMine wrote:
Good for you bro.....here have a cookie

lol please, popcorn instead :-) watching you two go at it on here is like watching kids argue over who's daddy makes more lol

out of curiosity, how old are you?
Last edited by mauvebic on Sat Jul 07, 2012 14:09, edited 1 time in total.

LandMine

by LandMine » Sat Jul 07, 2012 14:13

mauvebic wrote:
lol please, popcorn instead :-) watching you two go at it on here is like watching kids argue over who's daddy makes more lol

Well im just making fun of him, he think hes such a pioneer, calling everyone noobs and shit. And the daddy argument is invalid....it is obvious mine does, he cant even afford decent internet and/or a decent pc.

and im 8 y/o

mauvebic

by mauvebic » Sat Jul 07, 2012 14:41

I know but he's not the first and probably wont be the last. A lot of ideas get recycled around here, and its kinda annoying when people assume they thought of everything (when it's been discussed ad nauseam). But whatever, grief him if you want, but please try to keep the peace on the forums :P

sdzen

by sdzen » Sat Jul 07, 2012 20:40

LandMine wrote:
mauvebic wrote:

Well im just making fun of him, he think hes such a pioneer, calling everyone noobs and shit. And the daddy argument is invalid....it is obvious mine does, he cant even afford decent internet and/or a decent pc.

and im 8 y/o

you dont look 8 years old
thanks to Usuarizo and his determination to get back at you for wasting his time
[h]Zen S.D.[/h] The next generation of tranquility!
malheureusement mon français n'est pas bon :<
Owner of the Zelo's
In game name: MuadTralk, spdtainted, sdzen, sd zen, sdzeno

LandMine

by LandMine » Sun Jul 08, 2012 02:21

sdzen wrote:you dont look 8 years old
thanks to Usuarizo and his determination to get back at you for wasting his time

lol wow! you found my facebook thats linked in my Minus accounts hahahahaha you guys are pro data miners hahahaha so exactly how is posting a pic of me, is getting back at me? here is another one

And yes im 8 years old

sdzen

by sdzen » Sun Jul 08, 2012 02:32

idk i got bored and Usuarizo is still planning revenge
[h]Zen S.D.[/h] The next generation of tranquility!
malheureusement mon français n'est pas bon :<
Owner of the Zelo's
In game name: MuadTralk, spdtainted, sdzen, sd zen, sdzeno

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Sun Jul 08, 2012 02:35

LandMine wrote:
sdzen wrote:you dont look 8 years old

lol wow! you found my facebook thats linked in my Minus accounts hahahahaha you guys are pro data miners hahahaha so exactly how is posting a pic of me, is getting back at me? here is another one

And yes im 8 years old

LOL, nice!
@sdzen & @Usuarizo, I never saw people more gullible than you two lol
My mods: The Nether | Doctor Who (WIP)

I have quit minetest ... again. I am heavily unimpressed by both the game and the community.

LandMine

by LandMine » Sun Jul 08, 2012 02:36

sdzen wrote:idk i got bored and Usuarizo is still planning revenge

well i dont know how its payback to be honest i think its pretty stupid.....and what payback lol hahahahaahah is it as stupid as segfault22 idea of spamming my fb account lol....still it doesnt bother me if you post my pictures lol.....im way better looking than 90% of this forum so w/e

bailey1

by bailey1 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 09:08

LANDMINE why do you have to greif and trap people on gameboom

Usuarizo

by Usuarizo » Sun Jul 08, 2012 18:26

LandMine wrote:
sdzen wrote:idk i got bored and Usuarizo is still planning revenge

well i dont know how its payback to be honest i think its pretty stupid.....and what payback lol hahahahaahah is it as stupid as segfault22 idea of spamming my fb account lol....still it doesnt bother me if you post my pictures lol.....im way better looking than 90% of this forum so w/e

Posting a picture of you wasn't payback, that would be a childish form of it. The fact that we know what you look like isn't important. The fact that we know your name is what matters. If you aren't aware yet, much can be done when you have a name. Love and tolerance is no longer reserved for a person of your caliber. I do pity you for your lack of a conscience though.
p.s. being cocky is not a virtue.

LandMine

by LandMine » Sun Jul 08, 2012 18:43

Usuarizo wrote:
Posting a picture of you wasn't payback, that would be a childish form of it. The fact that we know what you look like isn't important. The fact that we know your name is what matters. If you aren't aware yet, much can be done when you have a name. Love and tolerance is no longer reserved for a person of your caliber. I do pity you for your lack of a conscience though.

Sdzen said:

i guess he is pretty childish......and like i said you know my name WOOOWW!!!!! pro dataminer hahahaah....anyone who has downloaded anything i have posted here, knows my name since its all in my Minus Account.
http://bigl.minus.com/

As you can see i have a picture there too and it links to my facebook page....so acting like your the shit cause you found out something that is public knowledge is retarded.

Also if you didn't know i live in Mexico, there are hundreds of dudes name Misael Roman, i know 1 personally, and here you go by both last names (dad and moms) and i have a second name.

hmmmm what else...i live in Zumpango, Estado de Mexico. So now you know some more.... my cell phone is 5548727275.

SO NOW SHOW ME WHAT CAN BE DONE! hahahahahahaha you have my name and phone and 1/2 my address. and BTW i AM pretty fucking cocky.
Last edited by LandMine on Sun Jul 08, 2012 18:44, edited 1 time in total.

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Sun Jul 08, 2012 19:14

uh

I have quit minetest ... again. I am heavily unimpressed by both the game and the community.

Usuarizo

by Usuarizo » Sun Jul 08, 2012 19:43

LandMine wrote:
Usuarizo wrote:

Sdzen said:

i guess he is pretty childish......and like i said you know my name WOOOWW!!!!! pro dataminer hahahaah....anyone who has downloaded anything i have posted here, knows my name since its all in my Minus Account.
http://bigl.minus.com/

As you can see i have a picture there too and it links to my facebook page....so acting like your the shit cause you found out something that is public knowledge is retarded.

Also if you didn't know i live in Mexico, there are hundreds of dudes name Misael Roman, i know 1 personally, and here you go by both last names (dad and moms) and i have a second name.

hmmmm what else...i live in Zumpango, Estado de Mexico. So now you know some more.... my cell phone is 5548727275.

SO NOW SHOW ME WHAT CAN BE DONE! hahahahahahaha you have my name and phone and 1/2 my address. and BTW i AM pretty fucking cocky.

>Implying that I never said that I was a "pro dataminer", or acted like I was "the shit".
And what, you don't think ruining peoples work, wasting peoples time, being a complete annoyance to a whole community, and being inconsiderate isn't retarded?
Don't you think you can spend your time doing something worth while, instead of making everyone dislike you? You've made a mod, why don't you make more to help the community if your so bored?
I don't care about that information, it's not like I'd want to spend money calling you.
And yes, you are cocky, why are you so corrupted anyway?

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Sun Jul 08, 2012 20:00

Usuarizo, because you are trolling him BIGTIME. I was frustrated when others did the same you do to him to me. Stop, seriously
Last edited by lkjoel on Sun Jul 08, 2012 20:00, edited 1 time in total.

LandMine

by LandMine » Sun Jul 08, 2012 20:19

lkjoel wrote:Usuarizo, because you are trolling him BIGTIME. I was frustrated when others did the same you do to him to me. Stop, seriously

lol ikjoel hes not trolling me.....if anything im trolling him.....lol....hes trying to get me by saying...."ohh i got you name, dont mess with me, im fucking bad!, i got your name i can ruin your life!"

ok he didnt say it like that, but technically that what everyone understands. so i gave him more of my info to prove that hes just a pussy and cant do anything even if i told him all my family tree.

*plop*
Last edited by sfan5 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 13:16, edited 1 time in total.

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Sun Jul 08, 2012 21:03

Ok, I get it now. You are not 8. Stop the sarcasm, and stop littering this forum with inappropriate content. I'm ok with you being angry, but not sexual content.

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 00:23

LandMine wrote:he think hes such a pioneer

Nope, I am not a pioneer, and I never said I was.
BACK ON THE SUBJECT, if there is a way to make entities collide, this will help me with an idea I have for a mod (landmine, stop claiming ownership of everyone's mods just because you thought of it a day before the mod was released - and note that my idea has nothing to do with minecarts)
Also, landmine, if you really think that you are the first person to get the idea for minecarts, you should look around the forum more often. there have been about 3 attempts to make Minecarts, and all of them failed. If you think that it's your idea and you came up with it first, go make the mod. We really need minecarts, and you can't claim ownership of a mod unless you make it, so go make it. I really want to see you try.
Usuarizo wrote:And what, you don't think ruining peoples work, wasting peoples time, being a complete annoyance to a whole community, and being inconsiderate isn't retarded?
Don't you think you can spend your time doing something worth while, instead of making everyone dislike you? You've made a mod, why don't you make more to help the community if your so bored?

You are right, it is wrong to grief, UNLESS you are griefing in Minecraft.
LandMine wrote:hmmmm what else...i live in Zumpango, Estado de Mexico. So now you know some more.... my cell phone is 5548727275.
SO NOW SHOW ME WHAT CAN BE DONE! hahahahahahaha you have my name and phone and 1/2 my address.

Just let us see your (REAL) latest IP address, and don't change it for about 1 day.

LandMine

by LandMine » Tue Jul 10, 2012 00:52

SegFault22 wrote:Just let us see your (REAL) latest IP address, and don't change it for about 1 day.

Max what do you want my ip for hahahah your a fucking skid!, you cant even code i doubt you know what to do with an ip.

But hey knock yourself out
http://gyazo.com/075b59d4f4b3edbe76c611430d791c9d

Make sure you post here what you "did" to me....so i can laugh at you :)
Last edited by LandMine on Tue Jul 10, 2012 00:53, edited 1 time in total.

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 01:07

You don't know...but we are all laughing at you. It's kinda funny when you get mad in your little crying fits and try to spam stuff, then get another 5 of your proxies banned. We are laughing because you just don't know when to stop. Now, go bug someone else, I have a Minecraft Griefer Faction to create.

LandMine

by LandMine » Tue Jul 10, 2012 01:21

SegFault22 wrote:You don't know...but we are all laughing at you. It's kinda funny when you get mad in your little crying fits and try to spam stuff, then get another 5 of your proxies banned. We are laughing because you just don't know when to stop. Now, go bug someone else, I have a Minecraft Griefer Faction to create.

Who says im mad? im just awaiting to see what you are going to do with my ip? what your adding it to the ban list? so? my ip changes every time i click the reset button. Like i said before i am truly unbannable. My ip is dynamic and have 4 vpn. one of which is a hidemyass vpn
http://www.hidemyass.com/vpn/servers/

And i spam the server cause i know that gets you mad...you confessed to wanting to suicide because of what i was saying to you. None of my vpn have been banned yet from any server. And i dont think ill stop, its just so much fun.

Also wanting to create a MC faction? hahahaha your broke as hell, you cant afford MC thats why your using a cracked client. And you can only connect to cracked servers. And none of those are worth griefing cause they are made to be griefed :)

So just remember your a SKID and your cant do anything to me :) Ill be awaiting to see what you do with my ip

Next

Return to WIP Mods