by LandMine » Sat Sep 29, 2012 21:58

ImageImage

Latest release: harrytest v0.1
Compatible with: Latest git
Dependencies: default, fire
Download Link: Github
Contribute with Your Branch: https://github.com/LandMineMT/harrytest

Description
This is a mod for Minetest-C55 that will add harry potter like elements. It is still in the works, but there are alot of plans for it, at the moment there are no crafting recipes, so the only way to get elements from this mod is the /give command. below are a few examples of what i am trying to create as stated above if you would like to contribute, feel free to do so submitting your branch to the github, or posting on this thread. In the future ill make the whole thing a game_mode removing and adding some elements that will allow for better game play.

I would also like for your feedback, so i can make this mod better. I will mark elements already in the mod with a check mark.
------

Mobs (Uses Simple Mobs Code by PilzAdam)

These mobs still dont attack due to testing purposes. And spawn to often.

Image Good Wizards - The good wizards are friendly and kind! If attacked they will fight back! Once killed, you will get there wand and a blueprint! You will learn about blueprints later on the description!

Image Harry Potter - Harry Potter is one of the strongest mobs and is hardly ever spawned! If attacked you will get hit by the patronus charm! And blasted back! If attacked again he will send in another spell! If killed you will get harrys wand and 2 blueprints!

Image Ron Weasley - Loot dropped wand and 1 blueprint

Image Hermione Granger - Loot dropped Wand and 1 blueprint.

Squibs and Cats - The squibs walk about with cats and are grumpy fellows, they are easy to kill, but the cat will attack at a very fast rate!

Owls - Yet to think out

Image Proffesor Dumbledoor - Everybody wants the elder wand, but dumbledoor is the only one who has this! He is very good at his magic though, and will occasionally give you blueprints, you need to have alot off stuff before attacking! He drops the elder wand and 3 blueprints!

Image Muggles - muggles are found in the magic world, they are confused.

Image Dark Wizards - Dark Wizards will attack at night, but not in day unless attacked, If killed will drop 1 magic blueprint.

Image Voldermort - He is the hardest Mob to kill! If killed will drop the bone wand and 2 magic blueprints

Image Others Added: Snape, Hagrid
----------

Blueprints

Blueprints will be dropped items which will be used to craft a spell, there are water, fire, earth, wind, dark, light blueprints, combine them in the right way with other elements and get a spell. So far it only includes light and dark blueprints.
-----------

Normal Spells

Image Aguamenti - Sends out water!
Image Alohomora - Opens locked doors!
Avis - Yet to think Out
Bombardia - Creates small explosion!
Colloportus - Creates wooden door to locked door!
Confundus - Confusses Target
Duro - Turns blocks into stone
Episkey - Heals +2 hearts
Expecto Patronum - Creates Patronus/Protects, (Used to keep away dimentors)
Expelliarmus - Yet to think out.
Genemino - Duplicates a mob!
Image Incendio - Lights a fire!
Image Lumos - Lights a torch at target
Protego - Protects from the next spell!
Repero - Repairs tools!
Stupelfly - Knocks somebody out!
Wingardian Leviousa - Levitates something!

Dark Magic

The unforgivable curse - Avada Kedarva - Kills opponent instantly This spell is the spell Voldermort will use alot, can be killed quick if encountered!
The unforgivable curse - Crucio - The torture curse, tortures till death!
The unforgivable curse - Imperio - Control opponent, can make target drown!
Confringo - Blasts someone to death!
Incarcerous - Makes somebody strapped to a pole in rope!
Marsmorde - Summons the dark mark, this is used to summon Voldermort!
Obliviate - Makes target turn into a muggle
Petrifious Totalus - Petrifies Opponent!
Reducto - Blows a wizard mob to death!
Serpentsortia - Summons a snake mob!

Plants
All the plants on this list are in the mod. These are actual plants that appear on harry potter. These plants are to be used to create potions, and form some spells. Textures still need work though.

Aconite
Aloe
Angel's Trumpet
Anjelica
Arnica
Asphodel
Balm

Potions

None Yet

Another plan for this mod, are adding more plants to the mapgen and other animal mobs such as frogs, spiders, etc to enable potion making. So if you would like to contribute use the link to the github above.

Bugs Need Fixing And Stuff To Add
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
--Stuff to add
1.- Mobs dont attack atm, will enable that option as the mod progresses.
2.- Need to add more plants for potions.
3.- Add wind, water, ground and fire blueprints.

--Bugs
1.- You cannot use spells in mid-air or the game will crash. You need to point at a node.
2.- There is a minor problem with the mobs, you need the latest git for it to work correctly.

Contributors:
None Yet

Licence:
WTFPL
Last edited by LandMine on Sun Sep 30, 2012 21:13, edited 1 time in total.
List Of My Creative Servers - http://planetminetest.com
The Walls - PvP Map - http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2906

babe223

by babe223 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 22:41

mod your face and cool! but only a question mobs will be 3D?
Bem vindos Brasileiros,eu sou primeiro brasileiro daqui do forum, espero que tragam bastante mods

[MOD] torch http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3021
[MOD]HATCHE:http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3458

rubenwardy

GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Sat Sep 29, 2012 22:41

+1

Nice :)

Maybe even map gen a hogwarts, using WE code.
Could appear only once at places > 3,000 away from center of map X/Z

LandMine

by LandMine » Sun Sep 30, 2012 00:29

Added More Mobs, Spell and Locked Door

Added Harry Potter, Ron, Dumbledore, Voldemort and Hermione Mobs.

These still don't attack, and spawn often.

Added Alohomora Charm & Locked Door
This addition adds a special door, that cannot be opened. The only way to open it is using the Alohomora spell :)

Added Plants
Another addition are the following plants.

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
Aconite
Aloe
Angel's Trumpet
Anjelica
Arnica
Asphodel
Balm

9/29/12 - Still no crafting recipes. Will add them when the mod is about 50% done textures still need work also. I hope u like this addition.
Last edited by LandMine on Sun Sep 30, 2012 01:25, edited 1 time in total.

Josh

by Josh » Sun Sep 30, 2012 03:11

Harry Potter hey? seem's different. Cool job Landmine. You could also add Snape or Hagrid.

PilzAdam

GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Sun Sep 30, 2012 08:03

Josh wrote:Harry Potter hey? seem's different. Cool job Landmine. You could also add Snape or Hagrid.

Hagrid = Dungeon Master?
Last edited by PilzAdam on Sun Sep 30, 2012 08:03, edited 1 time in total.

LandMine

by LandMine » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:56

Josh wrote:Harry Potter hey? seem's different. Cool job Landmine. You could also add Snape or Hagrid.

Yeah, its gonna be meant to use for a little role-playing server of some sort. Still got to work some ideas out, but ill get there in time. When i get the mods to a decent point, ill start working on a game mode that will add and remove certain blocks and features.

Also i added Snape and Hagrid as mobs.

Note: none of these mobs have a function atm, they just walk around, expecting to be killed. If anyone else has some ideas, please dont hesitate to post them here.

babe223

by babe223 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 15:20

you may also add ronnie the rat xD
Bem vindos Brasileiros,eu sou primeiro brasileiro daqui do forum, espero que tragam bastante mods

[MOD] torch http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3021
[MOD]HATCHE:http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3458

LandMine

by LandMine » Sun Sep 30, 2012 21:18

UPDATED MOBS

Added 3 Muggles (different skins) All the mobs still have no real purpose atm, they just walk around, and spawn like crazy. Since i already added 90% of the main mobs, i will start giving them each special characteristics, i will add potions a little bit later on, more plants, and a few more spells.

Im trying to look for a way to implement candy. Im also working on a Harry Potter map. just started a few min ago.

Josh

by Josh » Mon Oct 01, 2012 03:03

PilzAdam wrote:

Hagrid = Dungeon Master?

That would be funny!

LandMine

by LandMine » Mon Oct 01, 2012 19:03

UPADTE: htspells was renewed.

i have based the spells on PilzAdam's throwing mod since it is more effective. Added some wands also. You still cannot craft anything at the moment. You need to get it via creative or /give command.

No mobs, plants, or potions were added.
Last edited by LandMine on Mon Oct 01, 2012 19:03, edited 1 time in total.

Neuromancer

GitHub: Neuromancer56

by Neuromancer » Sun Oct 07, 2012 02:27

You the Man, Landmine! This mod is awesome. Please keep building maps too. Minetest needs more epic builds and you're one of our most epic builders. I was playing BroVille map in minecraft and I was like Minetest needs stuff like this. I thought, who could create stuff like this. You were the first person that jumped to mind. I know you're down on the servers, but maybe one day we can round up our best builders and put them on a private server to create some Epic Minetest Maps.

breinzter11

by breinzter11 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 04:02

3D ?

PilzAdam

GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Fri Oct 12, 2012 13:51

breinzter11 wrote:3D ?

Yep, Minetest is in 3D.

RebelD

In-game: Dielan

Re: [WIP] HarryPotter Mod [harrytest][Github]

by RebelD » Sat Jul 26, 2014 02:49

even tho this topic is from a while ago. I do believe the spells and plants are very well created and very usefull aswell as the wands.
Pilzadam throwing arrows are also very handy for more spells btw.

I have used this for my own hogwarts map which I created/still creating with a friend. Tho the mobs and others weren't finished and not very useful there are much opportunities there for people with great insight in modding mobs.

I got as far as using the NPC framework to make friendly info students or know characters aswell as some people just running around or trading.
I hope my friend can get a better knowledge on using blender to design figures as I hope to get a way to make owls, toads and bats to make it complete and maybe teach me some of it, he is better at 3D stuff.

Either way, I wanted to advise this mod to all HP fans. Yes you might want to add some other mods, edit some textures and if you can, you can make some things yourself.
This mod might not be complete or 100% statisfying but it gets you going for several days once started!

Evergreen

GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:00

RebelD wrote:even tho this topic is from a while ago. I do believe the spells and plants are very well created and very usefull aswell as the wands.

I have used this for my own hogwarts map which I created/still creating with a friend. Tho the mobs and others weren't finished and not very useful there are much opportunities there for people with great insight in modding mobs.

I got as far as using the NPC framework to make friendly info students or know characters aswell as some people just running around or trading.
I hope my friend can get a better knowledge on using blender to design figures as I hope to get a way to make owls, toads and bats to make it complete and maybe teach me some of it, he is better at 3D stuff.

Either way, I wanted to advise this mod to all HP fans. Yes you might want to add some other mods, edit some textures and if you can, you can make some things yourself.
This mod might not be complete or 100% statisfying but it gets you going for several days once started!

Just fork it already. :P

RebelD

In-game: Dielan

by RebelD » Sat Jul 26, 2014 17:45

Evergreen wrote:
RebelD wrote:even tho this topic is from a while ago. I do believe the spells and plants are very well created and very usefull aswell as the wands.

Just fork it already. :P

fork it? What does that mean? Like cut to the case? O_o

rubenwardy

GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Sat Jul 26, 2014 18:03

It means take this code, and work on it, and then release it as your own mod. (Giving credit if required.)

dgm5555

by dgm5555 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 09:05

The .git download doesn't include a modpack.txt file in the root directory, so it needs to be created manually to allow the pack to load. Could this be added to save the hastle of figuring this out (and most users probably giving up and not bothering). Cheers

KittyCakes

GitHub: CandyKitty
IRC: PinkKitty
In-game: PinkCat or KittyCakes

by KittyCakes » Tue Jan 03, 2017 17:34

What do I rename the folder? It says it has characters that are not allowed.
MINETEST

ManElevation

GitHub: ManElevation
IRC: ManElevation
In-game: ManElevation

by ManElevation » Wed Jan 04, 2017 06:51

+1 nice work!
Hey there im going to be off minetest for a while because my company has been deleloping a game called Ground Conflict, if you wish to see some screenshots or have some info, than please join our discord server https://discord.gg/C9ygXJn

Nathan.S

GitHub: NathanSalapat
IRC: NathanS21
In-game: NathanS21

by Nathan.S » Wed Jan 04, 2017 22:18

KittyCakes wrote:What do I rename the folder? It says it has characters that are not allowed.

I would guess harrytest but I didn't try myself.
I record Minetest videos, Mod reviews, Modding tutorials, and Lets plays.
Check out my website.

BirgitLachner

In-game: Bibs

by BirgitLachner » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:16

Really nice idea ... my son will love it.

Inocudom

IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Sun Jan 08, 2017 16:05

This mod is dead for all eternity. I do not advise getting this for your son.

https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16032
Here, this is a good mod for your son.

Return to WIP Mods