[MOD] Random Ore

Nubelite

[MOD] Random Ore

by Nubelite » Fri Nov 09, 2012 07:49

Download: Click Here

Note: there is no need for pics because this mode uses the default stone texture you are using for all ores in the ground, except for mese. the ores in your inventory remain the same.

this mod replaces all ore, except mese, with stone. You then mine any stone and you will receive ore. The type of ore depends on the depth of your person. The deeper you go the more ore you have the chance to get. No more looking for the right pieces, dig freely.

Ores:
for example coal starts at a depth of 5 and ends at -75. so you can only get coal between those depths. But at a depth of -10 you have a chance to get 2 coal per stone. and at -20 4 coal. after -75 you can no longer receive coal from stone. There is some overlap of the ores.

Cobble:
Also this mod reduces the amount of cobble you get from stone as well. it has a rarity of 5. You still get a nice size amount, just not so much you cant find a place to put it.

Mese:
Mese is not affected by this mod. Mainly since its in ground is the same as the inventory item.

Dependencies:
more ores
diamonds
titanium

Aqua

by Aqua » Fri Nov 09, 2012 08:29

+2 makes it exciting you don't know what you will get. Question: does it depend on those mods or does it support it?
Hi there ^.~

sky

by sky » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:26

this dosent needs a mod just change your ores texure to stone and you have homemade random ores

Aqua

by Aqua » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:51

This is different it drops more things the deeper it gets.
Hi there ^.~

Nubelite

by Nubelite » Fri Nov 09, 2012 18:27

Aqua wrote:+2 makes it exciting you don't know what you will get. Question: does it depend on those mods or does it support it?

It depends on those mods. It uses a list of ores so if you do not have one of them you will get an unkown item. This can be easily modified.

local oreType = math.random(1,9)
local oreList = {'default:coal_lump','moreores:copper_lump','moreores:tin_lump','default:iron_lump','moreores:silver_lump','moreores:gold_lump','moreores:mithril_lump','diamonds:diamond','titanium:titanium'}

just change the 9 in oreType to the number of ores in oreList. If you wish to add more just add them on, if you want to remove then remove the ore from orelist and change 9 to the number of ores now in the list.

Nubelite

by Nubelite » Fri Nov 09, 2012 18:29

sky wrote:this dosent needs a mod just change your ores texure to stone and you have homemade random ores

this mod reduces the number of cobble you receive, and really gives a random ore depending on how far down you go. different ore at different depth and different amounts of ore.

playzooki

by playzooki » Tue Nov 27, 2012 20:11

I like the less cobblestone. I don't think coal stops at -75, I found it at -996.
bad signature is bad

Nubelite

by Nubelite » Thu Nov 29, 2012 00:04

I edited this mod a bit just for my server.

Return to WIP Mods