[Mod] Hardened Clay [1.0] [hardenedclay]

oOChainLynxOo

[Mod] Hardened Clay [1.0] [hardenedclay]

by oOChainLynxOo » Tue Jan 07, 2014 17:22

Well, I know this has been done by someone else already, but to my understanding it's not standalone. This however, is standalone. The hardened clay from Minecraft now in Minetest!

You make hardened clay by putting clay blocks into a furnace.

Then to make colored hardened clay, put your hardened clay and the dye of your choice into your crafting grid like this:

Dependencies: default
License: WTFPL

Download: https://github.com/oOChainLynxOo/hardenedclay/archive/master.zip
Browse the code: https://github.com/oOChainLynxOo/hardenedclay
Last edited by oOChainLynxOo on Sun Mar 09, 2014 06:58, edited 1 time in total.
Have a good day or good night or whatever time you're reading this.

Inocudom

IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Tue Jan 07, 2014 18:33

There is a mod known as unified_bricks. If you wish to, you could color the nodes of your mod based on how unified_bricks colors its clay blocks (which are not hardened.) To make the coloring process easier, give Sokomine's coloring_machine mod a try (or ask her to support your mod with it.)

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Fri Jan 31, 2014 20:56

In order for this mod to be supported by the colormachine, it needs to follow some naming conventions. The colormachine expects the color name to be at a certain location. Right now, this mod here uses hardenedclay:COLOR_hardened_clay as a name for the nodes and COLOR_hardened_clay.png as the name for the textures. For usage with the colormachine, the naming schem would have to be hardenedclay:hardened_clay_COLOR for the nodes and hardened_clay_COLOR.png for the textures.

There are already some mods which do require quite a lot of workaround to get their names right. I don't want to add more to that. So please rename nodes and textures :-) At least the texture names ought to be no problem at all.

You can also use a loop to define all the nodes, i.e.:
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
colors = {"white","black","blue","red"}

for i,color in ipairs( colors ) do
        minetest.register_node("hardenedclay:hardened_clay_"..color, {
                description = color.." Hardened Clay",
                tiles = {"hardened_clay_"..color..".png"},
                groups = {cracky=3},
        })
end

Please stick either to the color names wool has or to the color names unifieddyes uses (looks more like the wool colors).
A list of my mods can be found here.

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Fri Jan 31, 2014 21:17

Sokomine wrote:In order for this mod to be supported by the colormachine, it needs to follow some naming conventions. The colormachine expects the color name to be at a certain location. Right now, this mod here uses hardenedclay:COLOR_hardened_clay as a name for the nodes and COLOR_hardened_clay.png as the name for the textures. For usage with the colormachine, the naming schem would have to be hardenedclay:hardened_clay_COLOR for the nodes and hardened_clay_COLOR.png for the textures.

There are already some mods which do require quite a lot of workaround to get their names right. I don't want to add more to that. So please rename nodes and textures :-) At least the texture names ought to be no problem at all.

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.

groups = {cracky=3},
        })
end

Please stick either to the color names wool has or to the color names unifieddyes uses (looks more like the wool colors).

Here is to hoping that oOChainLynxOo will do all of the above.

Will you be able to do it, oOChainLynxOo?

Ferdi Napoli

by Ferdi Napoli » Sat Feb 01, 2014 14:17

Thank you chain for this mod!

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Thu Feb 13, 2014 19:44

I've added support for this in my colormachine mod, but in order for it to work, the textures do have to be renamed. The blocknames may now stay the same - the colormachine can now handle this type of blockname.

So please rename your colors to the schem hardenedclay_COLOR.png

And make sure the color names match those of the wool color names.

As soon as that's done, it ought to work fine with the newest version of the colormachine.

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Sat Feb 15, 2014 23:10

VanessaE wrote:More updates over the past month:

2014-02-15: Added support for Nore/sfan5's MG mod.

2014-02-15: Re-rendered basalt and also made it darker (I'm still not happy with it :-/ ).

2014-02-11: "disable" the texture extrude effect on the wieldhand by applying a 25% alpha along the right side of the hand (to the edge of the image). Thanks to gsmanners and MichaelRpdx for the tip!

2014-01-29: Re-based homedecor/signs_lib's sign-on-fencepost textures on current wood texture.

2014-01-23: Added default snowball.

2014-01-22: Added shrubbery textures for gloopblocks.

2014-01-19: Flowing lava texture for Nostalgia game, probably affects 0.3.x/-classic also?

2014-01-15: Much-improved quality of default leaves, and got rid of that damn blue edging finally!

2014-01-15: Improved quality of breaking animation's edges (using alpha blending and re-rendered from original source file).

Inocudom: I'll add support for the hardened clay mod after he fixes his texture filenames.

In order for this mod to be supported by VanessaE's HDX Texture Packs, this issue must be fixed.

oOChainLynxOo

by oOChainLynxOo » Sun Mar 09, 2014 06:49

Ferdi Napoli wrote:Thank you chain for this mod!

You're welcome! :D

oOChainLynxOo

by oOChainLynxOo » Sun Mar 09, 2014 07:02

ShadowNinja has helped out by changing the texture names, changing the nodenames, and added a registration loop. He is a collaborator of the mod now on the GitHub page!
Last edited by oOChainLynxOo on Sun Mar 09, 2014 07:07, edited 1 time in total.

oOChainLynxOo

by oOChainLynxOo » Sun Mar 09, 2014 07:08

Sokomine wrote:In order for this mod to be supported by the colormachine, it needs to follow some naming conventions. The colormachine expects the color name to be at a certain location. Right now, this mod here uses hardenedclay:COLOR_hardened_clay as a name for the nodes and COLOR_hardened_clay.png as the name for the textures. For usage with the colormachine, the naming schem would have to be hardenedclay:hardened_clay_COLOR for the nodes and hardened_clay_COLOR.png for the textures.

groups = {cracky=3},
        })
end

Hey Sokomine, ShadowNinja fixed these issues and sent me the repository on GitHub, just download the new and improved mod on the first post in this topic and see how it works. :)

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Sun Mar 09, 2014 14:23

oOChainLynxOo, it is best to use the "reply" button. With that said, I am happy to see the improvements that you allowed ShadowNinja to make.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Wed Mar 12, 2014 00:48

There's still a problem with support for the colormachine with the mod: The textures are named "hardened_clay_"..color..".png" - for it to work, "hardenedclay_"..color..".png" would be necessary (because the mod is called hardenedclay and not hardened_clay). It would be great if you can fix that. There'll be a new version out as soon as I get along to fix a bug someone reported.

Sokomine

Re: [Mod] Hardened Clay [1.0] [hardenedclay]

by Sokomine » Wed Jun 11, 2014 02:43

Would it be possible to do the remaining? It's not that much work. And if you do it, the hardenedclay will work correctly in the next version of the colormachine.

ShadowNinja

GitHub: ShadowNinja
IRC: ShadowNinja
In-game: ShadowNinja

by ShadowNinja » Thu Jun 12, 2014 00:33

The color machine should not depend on texture names, it should use the texture from minetest.registered_nodes[node_name].tiles[1].
That said, I've changed the texture names to match the mod. You may have trouble with hardenedclay:hardened_clay using the hardenedclay_regular.png texture file though. (Oh, you also shouldn't depend on the file being a png file, if you do)
I play on my Minetest server and VanessaE's.
The best way to contact me is usually IRC (InchraNet, freenode).

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Thu Jun 12, 2014 01:45

ShadowNinja wrote:The color machine should not depend on texture names, it should use the texture from minetest.registered_nodes[node_name].tiles[1].

That's right, it's possible to get the texture names from the node names. There's more to it regarding the colormachine though. It was quite a lot of work adding all the diffrent cases and versions existing mods used at the time I wrote the mod. When a new mod shows up, it's far easier to let that mod follow a naming convention instead of implementing just another exception.

ShadowNinja wrote:That said, I've changed the texture names to match the mod. You may have trouble with hardenedclay:hardened_clay using the hardenedclay_regular.png texture file though. (Oh, you also shouldn't depend on the file being a png file, if you do)

Thank you for changing the names! I'm sure oOChainLynxOo will be glad that his mod is supported now. And yes, hardenedclay_regular.png will not work.

The colormachine depends on texture names, specificly ones ending in .png. With the amount of diversity regarding object and texture names, one has to draw the line somewhere. It's not as if they'd all stick to the same name for the same color or something like that. It's amazing of how many names there can be for a "dark green" color...

Return to WIP Mods