[Game] Wasteland [0.5 beta]

metouto

by metouto » Sun Nov 24, 2013 07:14

BlockMen ... 1ST ... GREAT GAME !!! ... 2nd ... sometimes in a wasted land like you have given us to explore deep down there are places that have got to have water ... could it be that you have thought of this and planted it into game already ? ... again great game :o)
You can always tell a real friend: when you've made a fool of yourself he doesn't feel you've done a permanent job. ~Laurence J. Peter

BlockMen

GitHub: BlockMen

by BlockMen » Mon Nov 25, 2013 16:07

Update to 0.2.1, works with Minetest 0.4.8 now

--

DarinM1967 wrote:-snip-
I've really enjoyed playing it and modding it to make it tougher. Please keep updating it when you can and again great job!
-snip-

Improvements are always welcome: https://github.com/BlockMen/Wasteland ;)

webdesigner97 wrote:Great game, just one little thing I found:
In one ruin was a chest with an unknown item, called bucket:bucket. I think the correct item name is bucket:bucket_empty

Fixed.

metouto wrote:BlockMen ... 1ST ... GREAT GAME !!! ... 2nd ... sometimes in a wasted land like you have given us to explore deep down there are places that have got to have water ... could it be that you have thought of this and planted it into game already ? ... again great game :o)

I dont get it. You want more sources of water or do you think the given are enough?

metouto

by metouto » Mon Nov 25, 2013 16:12

I was just wanting to know if you have sources of water deep in the ground ??? Sorry I was unclear on what I was asking :o)
Last edited by metouto on Mon Nov 25, 2013 16:13, edited 1 time in total.
You can always tell a real friend: when you've made a fool of yourself he doesn't feel you've done a permanent job. ~Laurence J. Peter

BlockMen

by BlockMen » Mon Nov 25, 2013 20:49

metouto wrote:I was just wanting to know if you have sources of water deep in the ground ??? Sorry I was unclear on what I was asking :o)

No, there are none, but its a nice suggestion that fits the game. I think i gonna add them in next version.

metouto

by metouto » Tue Nov 26, 2013 17:34

BlockMen ..... I tried melting the snow I collected (in the mountains) in a furnace but it did not work ... I just guessed that you might have made this another source or water to be used :o)
Last edited by metouto on Tue Nov 26, 2013 17:35, edited 1 time in total.

BlockMen

by BlockMen » Wed Nov 27, 2013 08:23

metouto wrote:BlockMen ..... I tried melting the snow I collected (in the mountains) in a furnace but it did not work ... I just guessed that you might have made this another source or water to be used :o)

Actually no, that was not the reason. I just wanted add snow to the landscape to look better.
The problem with getting the water from snow is that you would get a water block or a bucket for free, both is not in my interest.
So i would need to change the funaces to allow it in a good way and idk if i want that

mathiaswolfgang

by mathiaswolfgang » Wed Nov 27, 2013 13:04

A bucket for free doesn't make any sense, that's right.
And holding water in your hands are not really better.
But a crafting recipe like that could be the trick.
Bucket + snow = bucket of snow
Bucket of snow in the furnace + coal = Bucket of Water
But then we have the problem, that Wasteland coult be to easy?

Froggy

by Froggy » Wed Nov 27, 2013 22:42

Awesome game! You should add small villages too. They should have a few run down shacks with NPCs in them. Also, enemy mobs walking around, and hiding in caves would add to the wasteland atmosphere. Using the zombie_waves mod really adds an extra challenge. Using firearms to fight was really cool too. Some suggestions would be to add a rare underground bunkers containing weapons and precious minerals, and random piles of bones from dead adventurers with a few supplies in them would be nice as well in conjunction with the graves.

metouto

by metouto » Wed Nov 27, 2013 23:01

BlockMen wrote:
metouto wrote:BlockMen ..... I tried melting the snow I collected (in the mountains) in a furnace but it did not work ... I just guessed that you might have made this another source or water to be used :o)

Actually no, that was not the reason. I just wanted add snow to the landscape to look better.
The problem with getting the water from snow is that you would get a water block or a bucket for free, both is not in my interest.
So i would need to change the funaces to allow it in a good way and idk if i want that

I understand completely BlockMen :o)

BlockMen

by BlockMen » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:43

mathiaswolfgang wrote:A bucket for free doesn't make any sense, that's right.

Nice suggestion. Added to a dev branch for wasteland ;)
https://github.com/BlockMen/Wasteland/tree/dev

Froggy wrote:Awesome game! You should add small villages too. They should have a few run down shacks with NPCs in them. Also, enemy mobs walking around, and hiding in caves would add to the wasteland atmosphere. Using the zombie_waves mod really adds an extra challenge. Using firearms to fight was really cool too. Some suggestions would be to add a rare underground bunkers containing weapons and precious minerals, and random piles of bones from dead adventurers with a few supplies in them would be nice as well in conjunction with the graves.

Yes, i want add mobs (at least zombies based on default model) but unfortunately im too stupid to make good mobs in blender...
Last edited by BlockMen on Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:45, edited 1 time in total.

Geopbyte

by Geopbyte » Sun Dec 01, 2013 17:13

Ikishida wrote:
Inocudom wrote:I believe this mod predicts the future, so people might as well practice surviving.

Actually,I also think it does,because they say by the year 2050,we will experience the last drop of water.if we don't conserve water,trees and grass will die,and herbivores will also die and carnivores will die of starvation and we will die of no food to eat.so,WE MUST CONSERVE WATER! WATER IS LIFE!

Ever heard of conservation of mass and energy?

necron099

by necron099 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 00:52

This is a great game, and I was thinking of modding this to include furnaces spawning in ruins. Would that be difficult to do? I'm not that good at lua.

BlockMen

by BlockMen » Tue Dec 03, 2013 13:39

necron099 wrote:This is a great game, and I was thinking of modding this to include furnaces spawning in ruins. Would that be difficult to do? I'm not that good at lua.

It would'nt be difficult to add, but for what you want them? Just for "decoration" or for any special reason?

necron099

by necron099 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 15:10

I was thinking of not making furnaces craftable, you can only find them in ruins. Just to make things more difficult for my character. However, it would make the ruins a little more decorative also.

ZacAttack

by ZacAttack » Tue Dec 03, 2013 17:21

im going to try it
Zdg

ZacAttack

by ZacAttack » Wed Dec 04, 2013 17:45

what are grave stones for?
Zdg

BlockMen

by BlockMen » Thu Dec 05, 2013 18:15

ZacAttack wrote:what are grave stones for?

https://github.com/BlockMen/Wasteland/blob/master/README.txt#L17

necron099 wrote:I was thinking of not making furnaces craftable, you can only find them in ruins. Just to make things more difficult for my character. However, it would make the ruins a little more decorative also.

Hmm..i dont like the idea to disallow crafting furnaces. Maybe just as source for coal that is "left" in it
Last edited by BlockMen on Thu Dec 05, 2013 18:16, edited 1 time in total.

metouto

by metouto » Mon Dec 09, 2013 18:18

mathiaswolfgang wrote:A bucket for free doesn't make any sense, that's right.

BlockMen ... I see you put this in the game .... but I can not seem to get the the right combination to get a bucket of water ... could I have some crafting recipe help please and thank you

EDITED .... I got it ... 8 snowballs + one bucket in middle :o)
Last edited by metouto on Mon Dec 09, 2013 18:25, edited 1 time in total.

metouto

by metouto » Fri Dec 13, 2013 15:13

BlockMen .... I know that there is cotton in your game .... but where or how do you get or find it ??? Again thanks for you time and help :o)

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Fri Dec 13, 2013 23:03

You dig up grass and sometimes they will give you seeds. Then you just plant them in soil. After a while, you will be able to dig the cotton.

To plant the seeds in soil, you will need to use the hoe on some dirt or dirt with grass that is near water.

To get the cotton, you may have to wait until the plant goes through 5 or more different looks before it is ready to harvest.

BlockMen

by BlockMen » Sat Dec 14, 2013 13:44

LionsDen wrote:You dig up grass and sometimes they will give you seeds. Then you just plant them in soil. After a while, you will be able to dig the cotton.

To plant the seeds in soil, you will need to use the hoe on some dirt or dirt with grass that is near water.

To get the cotton, you may have to wait until the plant goes through 5 or more different looks before it is ready to harvest.

Nope, this game is based on default, not default itself :P

metouto wrote:BlockMen .... I know that there is cotton in your game .... but where or how do you get or find it ??? Again thanks for you time and help :o)

There is currently no way to get cotton since i have no use for it (yet) [and for now i want no beds]

metouto

by metouto » Sat Dec 14, 2013 16:55

BlockMen wrote:
LionsDen wrote:You dig up grass and sometimes they will give you seeds. Then you just plant them in soil. After a while, you will be able to dig the cotton.

metouto wrote:BlockMen .... I know that there is cotton in your game .... but where or how do you get or find it ??? Again thanks for you time and help :o)

There is currently no way to get cotton since i have no use for it (yet) [and for now i want no beds]

Ok .... thanks for this information :o)

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Sat Dec 14, 2013 18:16

BlockMen wrote:

That's funny, I tried this a while ago and I remember getting seeds from grass or maybe weeds and then planting them. Maybe it changed since then but I am pretty sure it was in this game.

Doriphore

by Doriphore » Sat Dec 14, 2013 18:17

LionsDen wrote:
BlockMen wrote:

That's funny, I tried this a while ago and I remember getting seeds from grass or maybe weeds and then planting them. Maybe it changed since then but I am pretty sure it was in this game.

I think you get wheat, not cotton

Topywo

by Topywo » Sat Dec 14, 2013 21:51

Not 100% sure nut I thought it was:

Grass --> chance of wheat seeds
Junglegrass --> chance of cotton seeds

Mabbs

by Mabbs » Sun Dec 15, 2013 22:03

I found a pool of water under a destroyed house. Is this a glitch?

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Sun Dec 15, 2013 22:34

Read the earlier posts, I think he mentioned that he changed it so that there are occasionally pools. Very rare I think though.

BlockMen

by BlockMen » Mon Dec 16, 2013 01:01

Mabbs wrote:I found a pool of water under a destroyed house. Is this a glitch?

Its a main part of the game and a way to get water in this world

metouto

by metouto » Wed Dec 18, 2013 19:32

BlockMen ... just a thought for your Wasteland game ... what if you had it rain (once in a great span of time) and then had some kind of plant grow that was needed to help the players development (food, firstaid, etc, ect, ect,) but the rain would not be collectible.

Just an idea .... :o)

BlockMen

by BlockMen » Fri Dec 20, 2013 13:21

metouto wrote:BlockMen ... just a thought for your Wasteland game ... what if you had it rain (once in a great span of time) and then had some kind of plant grow that was needed to help the players development (food, firstaid, etc, ect, ect,) but the rain would not be collectible.

Just an idea .... :o)

Weather (at least the way i think of) is not good enough to add it to the game. So yeah, in general a nice feature but don't expect something like that coming soon...

PreviousNext

Return to Subgame Releases