[W.I.P][Map] Stampy's lovely world

Loadable maps as opposed to OldCoder's zoomable maps
Morn76

GitHub: mdoege

by Morn76 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 19:46

Map update #10

New buildings: The post office, Timmy's house, and the Dairy Queen.

The glass panes/iron bars mod is now included (in the worldmods directory), so some glass blocks have been replaced by glass panes where needed, e.g. in the squid tank.

The updated ZIP file is attached to this post.

The post office and the Dairy Queen in the distance
Three familiar faces on the balcony (with player_textures mod; skins from http://www.minecraftskins.com/)
Attachments
stampyworld_2014-04-14.zip
(7.99 MiB) Downloaded 695 times
Last edited by Morn76 on Wed Apr 23, 2014 17:54, edited 4 times in total.

Whitemau5

In-game: Whitemau5

Re:

by Whitemau5 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 19:44

nman3600 wrote:I'm a huge fan of stampy and i was so amazed when i saw someone made this a map :D

Diddo!! I LOVE Stampycat! In fact, I made a (slight) replica of his house in my singleplayer world so this map will make it a lot easier XD Thank you!

Morn76

Re: [W.I.P][Map] Stampy's lovely world

by Morn76 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 17:54

Map update #11

New buildings: Smooch's house and the Pretty Kitty beauty parlour. Timm'y house has been moved to make room for Smooch and his plump lips.

The storage building in the quest world now has signs, items in chests, and a completed second floor. Also, Squid's mine in the storage building leads down to a cave. The Dairy Queen has also been updated.

The updated ZIP file is attached to this post.

Smooch's house in the quest world
The Pretty Kitty spa and beauty parlour
Updated Minetestmapper overview for this map release
Attachments
stampyworld_2014-04-22.zip
(8.03 MiB) Downloaded 1231 times
Last edited by Morn76 on Sun May 18, 2014 19:35, edited 1 time in total.

dgm5555

by dgm5555 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:02

Your link for the latest version is incorrect, it should be download/file.php?id=456.
BTW is it possible to put the map in a git repository, that way it could be automatically updated with MT-GitSync.
And I know its somewhat inefficient, but as you use so many mods what about just adding them all into the worldmod folder?
Tx

Morn76

by Morn76 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:00

dgm5555 wrote:Your link for the latest version is incorrect, it should be download/file.php?id=456.

Oops, you're right. The forum software switch to phpBB has messed with the attachment link format. Thanks for pointing that out, dgm5555!

dgm5555 wrote:BTW is it possible to put the map in a git repository, that way it could be automatically updated with MT-GitSync.

Git doesn't really work so well with binary files like maps. It would store all past versions of the map in their entirety in the repo, so repo size would balloon. But I'll think about it.

It would be cool if there would be an analog to diff and patch for Minetest worlds: If I could produce a file with changed nodes (or perhaps entire map blocks) between two versions (aka "diff") and then everyone else could apply this file to their existing map ("patch"). Then people could build their own stuff on the map and still get my updates too.

dgm5555 wrote:And I know its somewhat inefficient, but as you use so many mods what about just adding them all into the worldmod folder?
Tx

I've been thinking I could collect all needed and optional mods into a Minetest "Stampy" game on GitHub. I guess the actual mods could be git submodules, so updating them would still be possible. Then people would just have to download this to their games directory and change the "gameid" in world.mt.

Morn76

by Morn76 » Sun May 18, 2014 19:35

Map update #12

The Caring Cat Clinic has been added. Also, Stampy's mushroom farm (without mushrooms of course) and the chicken coop roof has been corrected.

The More Blocks mod is now needed: https://github.com/Calinou/moreblocks (This is mod is so far only used to get stair blocks for corners. So it might be possible to only use moreblocks/stairsplus if More Blocks is too heavy.)

The updated ZIP file is attached to this post and the first post.

The Caring Cat Clinic
Attachments
stampyworld_2014-05-18.zip
(8.12 MiB) Downloaded 1536 times

Morn76

by Morn76 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 18:25

Map update #13

Fred's room (the former minecart station above the crafting room) and Abfgern's battle robot house (complete with flashing eyes and moving arms) have been added.

Download the latest version here or from the first post.

Abfgern's house

Morn76

by Morn76 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 18:35

Map update #14

The music room tower has been redone and is fairly authentic now.

Download link is in the first post.

Morn76

by Morn76 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 19:52

Map update #15

Harrison's house has been added (with its secret basement). Also, the music room tower is now more accurate, particularly its underside.

Map download is in the first post.

Harrison's house, outside and inside

Evergreen

GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Sun Jun 22, 2014 22:40

Did you use my mod for the stuff that is made out of quartz? If you did, it's not in the list of needed mods.

Morn76

by Morn76 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 23:04

Quartz is included in worldmods/, so it's not on the list.

Thanks for that excellent mod, Evergreen! :-)

Evergreen

GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Sun Jun 22, 2014 23:08

Morn76 wrote:Quartz is included in worldmods/, so it's not on the list.

Thanks for that excellent mod, Evergreen! :-)

Thanks! Also, why are those other mods not included as well?

Morn76

by Morn76 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 23:21

The other mods are either a bit too big (e.g. Mesecons) or get frequent updates on GitHub (e.g. 3-D torches, carts, food). My approach has been to put small, low-maintenance mods in worldmods/ and leave more problematic mods for the global mod directory where they can be updated easily.

But of course as mods get more stable I could move more stuff to worldmods/, e.g. beds.

Morn76

by Morn76 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:21

Map update #16

Abfgern's house has been finished and suitably rickety steps have been added to Harrison's house.

More importantly, Stampy's Fun Land has been started southeast of the house. The sign, red brick house, some streets, and a minecart track are there, but no actual attractions yet. The majority of real Stampy attractions would only work correctly in MC, so it is still undecided what to put there. Perhaps the mouse maze.

Map download is in the first post as always.

Entrance to Stampy's Fun Land
Updated minetestmapper overview map

shadowzone

GitHub: TheShadowZone12
IRC: shadowzone
In-game: shadowzone

by shadowzone » Wed Jul 02, 2014 19:47

I love it I joined my world for the first time and I said "I can't believe I am in stampy's world" and my brother said "I want that" so it seems that you have 2 fans of your world.
Hey!

Morn76

by Morn76 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 19:58

Thanks, shadowzone! That was totally the plan. :-)

shadowzone

GitHub: TheShadowZone12
IRC: shadowzone
In-game: shadowzone

by shadowzone » Wed Jul 02, 2014 20:00

Well it worked.

Good luck with any other plans minetest related.
Hey!

Morn76

by Morn76 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 22:26

Map update #17

Stampy's Moon rocket has been added at the lake near Harrison's house.

Map download in the first post.

Stampy's spaceship, outside view & crew's quarters

Morn76

by Morn76 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 19:21

Map update #18

The quest world has been moved a little to make room for Stampy's 'Beat the Heat' fire station. Also, Lee's bedroom is now upstairs from Stampy's bedroom. Paintings have been added to conceal the entrances to the secret base and enchanting room.

Hatches have been replaced with the much better trapdoors in minetest_game, so this map needs Minetest 0.4.10 now.

The fire station and Lee's hidden bedroom

radgie

by radgie » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:44

Hi please could anyone help me as im a noob with this sort of thing, i have minecraft and have been trying to recreate stampys world on xbox, so i was looking for a pc map of it to convert to use on xbox, then i came across this and this map is way better than ive seen before but its used on minetest, so i downloaded it but i cant seem to get the program to even load a new single player map let alone getting this stampy map to work, please could anyone give me a little step by step guide to get this working? also could this be used to convert to be used on the xbox? thanks for reading.

Morn76

by Morn76 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 13:15

Hi radgie!

This thread has installation instructions for maps. Basically you unzip the archive into the worlds folder in your minetest directory. You should also install some mods (into "mods") or you will see unknown blocks on the map. See the first post for the list of mods.

We have a thread about converting schematics from MC to MT. But I don't think there is an existing converstion script for MT→MC yet.

Hope this helps. :-)

radgie

by radgie » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:28

thanks for getting back to me, when i install MT i dont have a "worlds" folder :/ i have
bin
builtin
client
doc
fonts
games
locale
mods
textures
and 2 files, any ideas? have i downloaded the wrong version

Morn76

by Morn76 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:44

Yes, I think you can simply create a "worlds" folder there and put the stampyworld directory in it. And it should work I think.

radgie

by radgie » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:09

yeah it worked by creating a worlds folder and putting stampysworld in to it, only problem is there are alot of unknown blocks around

Morn76

by Morn76 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:13

Great. Just put the required mods into "mods" then. I think on the GitHub mod pages you should find ZIP files under releases.

Maybe in the next map release I will put all mods execept mesecons (which is too big) into worldmods to make installing the map easier.

radgie

by radgie » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:41

cool that would be good and more simple for people like me :P

btw i noticed you didnt do the water room, lava room and wheat room :P

i dont know how to use github, do you have a link to the mods page? thanks again

Morn76

by Morn76 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:50

radgie wrote:btw i noticed you didnt do the water room, lava room and wheat room :P

They are in the new map version that I will upload either later today or this weekend. They are not done as precisely as some other portions of the map though. Also, I've noticed wheat in MT does not grow at all with glowstone light only. So the wheat room has no practical value right now. Oh well, that's why this map is a work in progress. :-)

radgie wrote:i dont know how to use github, do you have a link to the mods page? thanks again

Just click the GitHub links in the first post. In the right column on the GItHub page there is a button that says "Download ZIP". Which should give you the latest git version as a ZIP file I think. E.g. https://github.com/CiaranG/beds/archive/master.zip

Morn76

by Morn76 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:44

Map update #19

The water, lava, and wheat rooms have been added. There has also been some terraforming around Googlies Island and the club house building and the Melon Moments fruit stand has been improved. All required mods except Mesecons are now included in the map's worldmods folder.

The lava and water rooms

stampylongnose

GitHub: stampylongnose
IRC: stampylongnose
In-game: stampylongnose

Re:

by stampylongnose » Mon Jul 28, 2014 02:37

Morn76 wrote:Thanks, nman!

Oh hey Morn76 how do you install the map into Minecraft Pocket Edition whenever I do it nothing appears on my
worlds list in the game and I really want to see my lovely world on pocket edition!!!!

Morn76

Re: Re:

by Morn76 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 09:56

stampylongnose wrote:
Morn76 wrote:Thanks, nman!

Oh hey Morn76 how do you install the map into Minecraft Pocket Edition whenever I do it nothing appears on my
worlds list in the game and I really want to see my lovely world on pocket edition!!!!

Sorry, stampylongnose, this map is for Minetest, not Minecraft. So it doesn't work with any edition of Minecraft. But Minetest is freely available for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Android, so you might want to give that a try.

PreviousNext

Return to Minetest Maps