Share Your WorldEdit Files!

Loadable maps as opposed to OldCoder's zoomable maps
twoelk

Re: Share Your WorldEdit Files!

by twoelk » Mon Aug 11, 2014 09:24

Some time ago on VanessaE's almost vanilla server I built a little wooden hut on the beach of a scenic lake. To gather resources I had a little mine near spawn. People kept digging through the roof of the mine so I started building a structure of glass and diagonal braces of red stone above it. Eventually it got quite high but SpawnCity developed and my little tower was soon dwarfed by much higher buildings.

Never the less I experimented with local copies of the mine and thought it might be usefull for others or interesting to play with the concept of a mine as schematic file.

This is what the building should look like once it is put in place as intended.

To achieve this unzip the schematic file towermine2.we into a schems folder of your world. Once you have the WE priviliges go to the southwest corner of your construction site, stand on the level intended for the entrance and type //pos1 into the chat console. You might want to fly about 200m up and 100m down now (type h to use noclip for flying down) to make Minetest load the chunks the building will be generated in.
Now type //load towermine2 into the chat console. The building will be generated to the north and east of pos1 and as for now all above ground. Next go to the diagonal opposite corner of the building and place your avatar on exactly the opposite corner of the stone structure. Now fly exactly upwards only. Once you are higher than the glass spire tip, type //pos2 into the console. Now comes the tricky parts. To force the open spaces to not be filled with underground nodes we will replace them. Type for example //replace air papyrus to fill all air in the selected area with papyrus. You should have a pretty green building now.
To move the building underground now type //move y -100 into the chat console and after the building has regenerated finish by typing //replace papyrus air into the chat console.

Now you can wander down the stairs and start mining the exposed walls. If you place the structure through some lava lakes these will now spill into the building, so have some glass handy for spectacular windows.

It might be advisable to try placing the building on an extra map first to get an idea of how WE works. There is no easy way back and you may destroy a map if it does not work as you planned.

Floating in the sky you can see the dimensions of the whole structure. In the front you can see what happens if the mapgenerator wants to join the fun and adds some caves and dirt to the building. Preloading the chunks including the air of the area you will work in may help to stop this happen.
The tower and the mine are still very much as build on the server so expect some design changes as in the top two levels of the tower and expect ores all over the place as most of the underground was dugout and not built. I have changed the entrance level a little as on the server it is underground and one side is unfinished as it is protected area of someone else. No extra mods should be needed for this building.

have fun
Attachments
towermine2.zip
(78.75 KiB) Downloaded 207 times
Last edited by twoelk on Sun Mar 22, 2015 02:38, edited 1 time in total.

nsd

In-game: nsd

by nsd » Sun Aug 17, 2014 14:36

A somewhat crowded Visitor's Center, the first building built in Glasstown on my singleplayer server.

Name:Visitor's Center
Mods: Default, Homedecor
Dimensions: 8 by 7 by 4
Attachments
visitor_center.we
(30.43 KiB) Downloaded 205 times

Krock

GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Fri Aug 22, 2014 20:30

The player Halo enjoyed the hills and snow...

Name: Halo's mountain house
Mods: default
Dimensions: 11x9x10

Halo_house.we
WE file
(64.49 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
Attachments
Halo_house.png
Screenshot
Halo_house.png (497.57 KiB) Viewed 5176 times
Newest Win32 builds - Find a mod - All my mods
ALL YOUR DONATION ARE BELONG TO PARAMAT (Please support him and Minetest)
New DuckDuckGo !bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

solars

by solars » Tue Aug 26, 2014 21:14

The Hotel "Blaue Augen" (in english: Blue Eyes) is a big luxurious hotel, that I have build for Karsthafen-Königsdorf.

You can find 240 rooms, a big swimming bath, a fitness studio, a conference centrum and much more in this building.

For this WorldEdit file, no other addons are needed.
The Building stand at a riverbank at the map. So the groundlevel on the front and the back are different.

Nodes: 924412
Size: 283m x 101m
Draught: 10.5m (side of the river) / 26.5m (side of the street)

Licence: CC BY SA
Attachments
hotel_blaue_augen.mts
(178.9 KiB) Downloaded 318 times
Dinnae bother wi mah poor english, but hae a keek at th' pics 'o mah pure dead brilliant map Karsthafen:
English thread: [Map] Karsthafen
German thread: [Map] Karsthafen - Diskussionsthread

jp

GitHub: kilbith

by jp » Wed Aug 27, 2014 07:54

Amazing work, congratulations. It just need an accurate decoration for the interior (follow my sight... ;)

Suggestion : rename the file 'hotel_blaue_augen' to something more simple (eg. 'hotel_ba'). We're not all familiar with the german typo and quicker to enter in command.

webdesigner97

GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 08:23

Wow, just wow :D

Inocudom

IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Thu Aug 28, 2014 17:15

This is a small village that I built recently. It requires the sub-game Carbone and the following mods:
bakedclay
camo
caverealms
darkage
farming_redo
farming_plus
gloopblocks
hardenedclay
homedecor_modpack-master
itemframes
kerova
kpgmobs
minetest-mod-mesecons-master
minetest-steel-master
minetest-worldedit-master
moreores
moretrees
mtfoods
pie
pipeworks
plantlife_modpack-master
quartz
sea-master
streets
technic-master
unifieddyes
unified_inventory
vines
windmill
The license that ye must obey is as follows:
Licence: CC BY SA
Attachments
Tamuzen.zip
(670.14 KiB) Downloaded 200 times

btdonovan

GitHub: btdonovan
In-game: Carcel

by btdonovan » Fri Sep 19, 2014 05:34

USS Enterprise. NCC-1701. No bloody A, B, C, or D.

The ship is 1:1 scale on the outside. On the inside I made the decks 4 meters between floors so there would be room to move around which means there aren't as many decks as the "Real" Enterprise should have.

I originally built this in that other voxel game so there are some rough edges where something didn't quite translate. You might find a few missing nodes here and there. None of the redstone circuitry translated properly into Mesecons so the doors don't open (where there are doors) and the blinky lights don't blink.

Probably depends on the Nether mod since it has a lot of glowstone throughout. I didn't do much to finish the inside. There's a bridge, and I did some basic finishing work in the engineering section. I had to export this three times before I finally got one that didn't catch on fire as soon as it was imported. There used to be lava flowing through the engine pylons for effect. Had to remove it.

One odd thing, the schematic imports inverted, so the lettering on the saucer and the nacelles is reversed. Not sure how to fix that.

Hope you enjoy it!

Enterprise.mts
mts schematic of a USS Enterprise Model
(41.94 KiB) Downloaded 297 times

themtsurvivor

by themtsurvivor » Thu Jan 01, 2015 22:43

UPDATE; fixed problem by using old version worldedit 1.0 we_file_version-3, running mt 4.11

Hello everybody, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but, I am trying to import my schematics using the filter for we or mts and MCEdit_dev-0.1.8build799.win32 or an older one also, i keep getting this error

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
17:16:43: ERROR[ServerThread]: loadSchematicFile: invalid schematic file
17:16:43: ERROR[ServerThread]: place_schematic: failed to get schematic
17:18:17: WARNING: Undeclared global variable "originx" accessed at ...-win64\bin\..\mods\worldedit\worldedit/serialization.lua:148
17:18:17: ERROR[main]: ServerError: ...-win64\bin\..\mods\worldedit\worldedit/serialization.lua:148: attempt to perform arithmetic on global 'originx' (a nil value)
17:18:17: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
17:18:17: ERROR[main]:    ...-win64\bin\..\mods\worldedit\worldedit/serialization.lua:148: in function 'load_schematic'
17:18:17: ERROR[main]:    ...-win64\bin\..\mods\worldedit\worldedit/serialization.lua:221: in function 'deserialize'
17:18:17: ERROR[main]:    ...-win64\bin\..\mods\worldedit\worldedit_commands\init.lua:978: in function 'func'
17:18:17: ERROR[main]:    ...netest-0.4.11-win64\bin\..\builtin\game\chatcommands.lua:40: in function <...netest-0.4.11-win64\bin\..\builtin\game\chatcommands.lua:29>
17:18:17: ERROR[main]:    ...f\minetest-0.4.11-win64\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:348: in function <...f\minetest-0.4.11-win64\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:336>

I also noticed the we files are different than worldedit mod created ones,
any ideas?

dgm5555

by dgm5555 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 08:21

Just a thought, there are hundreds of minecraft structures available on the loads of sites without owning minecraft.
A couple are:-
http://www.minecraft-schematics.net/minecraft-schematics/schematics-list.html - but the website has hundreds of popup ads (the download page hides the links with ads!!).
http://www.minecraft-schematics.com - this requires free registration
If you search the net there are also many minecraft worlds which are peskier (due to size) but also theoretically possible to import (eg stargate atlantis, hogwarts/hogcraft, the earth, etc.)

Unfortunately you don't seem to be able to import the schematics directly with worldedit.
You don't need minecraft, but it can be a bit of a pain to convert them. Steps seem to be.
Install http://khroki.github.io/MCEdit-Unified/%20MCEdit
Install minetest export script (see instructions https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6007%20from%20here
Export to scheme format and save file in a /schems folder in the world you which to import to
Install minetest worldedit mod https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=572%20from%20here
Open minetest
install the schematic using the chat command /mtschemplace

twoelk

by twoelk » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:57

dgm5555 wrote:...
Unfortunately you don't seem to be able to import the schematics directly with worldedit.
You don't need minecraft, but it can be a bit of a pain to convert them....

and as you may have missed previous discussions concerning importing Minecraft based maps or schemastics for the Pripjat and the New York servers, at some place you run into filesize limits. Either your local system or Lua seem to have a limit how large a single import can be. The maps for both servers had content imported in slices that had to be stitched together in Minetest.

dgm5555

by dgm5555 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 20:43

@twoelk: I was aware of the size limit (one of the reasons I suggested we work on a raw python import script - the code already exists to extract from minecraft 1.x to blender, so shouldn't be too difficult to modify and tack on an import to sqlite https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6007&p=169192#p169192.

In any case, yesterday I was attempting to import a relatively small minecraft .schematic which failed. However admittedly I tried with the new .11 version which (for me) seems to have lots of problems with mods failing, so could have been this.

I did do a large edit on worldedit some time ago (which unfortunately got completely ignored by the mod developers) which seemed to allow import of much large mods, but I have no idea why. My recode allowed the user to mark and align/rotate the import to particular locations before an actual load after I got irritated with the completely random positioning the current worldedit considers is reasonable. However I didn't try any memory optomisation, and although it did get rid of some of the (essentially) duplicated code it didn't particularly change the number of function calls in a typical worldedit load. Possibly though the reconfiguration of nested functions contributed, as with the old/current version, the entire import was passed to various functions, which if it was being duplicated in memory may have contributed to overflow.

Sorry, sl off topic. essentially though I think worldedit under lua is incapable of the size and speed of imports we should be fairly easily able to acheive with a raw python script.

ryanheidecke

by ryanheidecke » Sat Feb 21, 2015 15:20

can someone put up a death note map like they have for minecraft. i would love to have a death note world but i can't find one and building it takes too long.

thanks 4 the helps ....

dgm5555

by dgm5555 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 09:00

ryanheidecke wrote:can someone put up a death note map like they have for minecraft. i would love to have a death note world but i can't find one and building it takes too long.

If you install mcimport you'll be able to import yourself, admittedly its not perfect yet, but its pretty good.
https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11146&start=25

1. if needed install python - worst case on windows, installing python takes 5 minutes
2. put 'minecraft death note map download' in google and download the world map
3. Run the script to convert the world -- and you'll have all the minecraft maps you want with only a 10 minute wait for conversion (depending on your computer speed and map size)...

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Thu Mar 05, 2015 04:40

I've promised months ago to post this house once it'd be finished and finally managed to do so. Thus, here it is:

Hotel, initially built on the Xanandu server

The house was built close to spawn and got griefed. Getting the protectors to work properly in that situation was very difficult, and the house was maybe too big and complex for that protection mod anyway. After the griefing occoured and rollback was not available, we mutually agreeed to have the house beeing teared down.

The way lighting works adds a nice color pattern to the baked clay floor, wall and ceiling of each room.

Mods required: ethereal, a version of bakedclay found on Xanandu, latest version of homedecor

Attachments
xanandu_hotel_sokomine.we
Hotel saved in WorldEdit format; load with //load xanandu_hotel_sokomine
(1.85 MiB) Downloaded 202 times
xanandu_hotel_sokomine_2.png
side view
xanandu_hotel_sokomine_2.png (336.13 KiB) Viewed 5176 times
xanandu_hotel_sokomine_1.png
front view
xanandu_hotel_sokomine_1.png (486.26 KiB) Viewed 5176 times
A list of my mods can be found here.

ExeterDad

In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Thu Mar 05, 2015 04:53

Really nice of you to share :) It's amazing someone would mess it up. Jerks.
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Kibbie and I have a beautiful public server now! HOMETOWN

Achilles

In-game: Achilles

by Achilles » Thu Mar 05, 2015 19:35

That is one amazing build Sokomine.
+1

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Thu Mar 05, 2015 19:39

Thanks! Hope the house will load. Don't forget to explore it on the inside! It ist completely furnished. Each hotel room has its own bathroom, and there's a lot to see in general which does not show up on the screenshots.

twoelk

by twoelk » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:51

That's a really nice and cheerfull house Sokomine. That unknown nodes are the Xanadu only version of backed-clay I presume.

I am slowly forgeting all the places I built on the different servers. I hope you have all youre buildings collected somewhere. That would surely make a quite impressive Sokomineville by now.

dgm5555

by dgm5555 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 21:39

Brilliant hotel Sokomine.
BTW on the griefing front, I've discovered that it's very difficult to control the android minetest version, and as a result extremely easy for some inadvertent griefing. My daughter must have been in the running for saint-hood after she went round patching up numerous holes I made in her house. It's even worse with a slow network, you often don't even know you've done it.

Builder123

IRC: Builder123
In-game: Builder123

Comfy Home

by Builder123 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 20:15

OK, I am not an artisan and I like small buildings. I sure do build boxy homes, but I decided 'what would happen if I used a floor plan from a log cabin kit?' Well, it came out very well with some modifications due to wall thickness.

Heres a simple but comforatble furnished home for your world. Still boxy....but a good start.

Attachments
Comfy_House.png
Comfy_House.png (175.73 KiB) Viewed 5200 times
planhouse1.we
(95.19 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
Last edited by Builder123 on Mon May 04, 2015 12:37, edited 1 time in total.

Builder123

by Builder123 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 03:56

Sokomine - Thanks for speaking with me about the xanadu hotel not loading. I am running MT 0.4.12-dev build upated from daily builds just earlier today. I am using the WorldEdit v1.0 for Minetest 0.4.8+ that was included in the VE-Dreambuilder sub game. Please advise what I need to do to make the file loading succesful. (maybe version issue?)

Thanks for your help

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Mon Mar 16, 2015 05:59

twoelk wrote:That unknown nodes are the Xanadu only version of backed-clay I presume.

That's right. I fixed my local copy somehow, but forgot about the inner and outer corner stair variant, which is available for baked-clay (or hardenedclay?) blocks on Xanandu. Thus, they show up as unkown nodes in the screenshot. Which is a pity, because they contribute to intresting ceilings in the larger rooms.

twoelk wrote:I am slowly forgeting all the places I built on the different servers. I hope you have all youre buildings collected somewhere. That would surely make a quite impressive Sokomineville by now.

Sadly, not all buildings are saved. It took time until the map saving function got integrated into Minetest. Some smaller buildings only continue to exist in screenshots. I wish there would be a place to host the screenshots. Combining the houses in one world would most likely fail as I usually do use materials that are specific to a server and not found on others. The houses are also pretty often integrated into the landscape. I've considered recently to at least combine all those buildings built on failed Carbone servers in one world as those all more or less have the same mods. That'd be Casimirs servers (two of them still running but apparently given up and griefed), Trainwreck Tonys older map, and the map from Spielerstammtisch.de where I started a castle. There's also the Mineguild.de world which was very nice and deserves to continue to exist somewhere...perhaps on the King Arthurs Land server.

dgm5555 wrote:BTW on the griefing front, I've discovered that it's very difficult to control the android minetest version, and as a result extremely easy for some inadvertent griefing. My daughter must have been in the running for saint-hood after she went round patching up numerous holes I made in her house. It's even worse with a slow network, you often don't even know you've done it.

Yes, that's certainly a problem. There's a reason why I took away interact from my Android test characters on VanessaEs servers :-) I have no idea how other players manage to operate the game through the controls of a tablet. Yet quite a lot of them seem to do mostly fine. And if it's just a bit of accidental griefing...that may happen.

Builder123 wrote:OK, I am not an artisan and I like small buildings. I sure do build boxy homes, but I decided 'what would happen if I used a floor plan from a log cabin kit?' Well, it came out very well with some modifications due to wall thickness.

Looks good. But if you *really* want small, take a look at my logcabin huts in mg_villages. The schematics can be found [url="https://github.com/Sokomine/mg_villages/"]here[/url]. Admittedly I cheated more than you - it does require stairs and my cottages mod.

I'll add the hotel in .mts format. Perhaps that'll load better? The house was saved using the most recent version of WorldEdit at the time.
Attachments
xanandu_hotel_sokomine.mts
Hotel in .mts file. Import with //mtschemplace xanandu_hotel_sokomine
(20.18 KiB) Downloaded 141 times

twoelk

by twoelk » Mon Mar 16, 2015 14:59

Sokomine wrote:... Combining the houses in one world would most likely fail as I usually do use materials that are specific to a server and not found on others. The houses are also pretty often integrated into the landscape. ...

Indeed a problem I am battling at the moment.
I have played the game for some time now with several of my nephews and nieces and their friends on private maps and by now even some private servers, which is pretty cool for an extended family that lives in different places. I had tried to import some of the buildings I had made on some servers. The mine from VE-vanilla had been made into an easy to import we-file but the most recent project, the Red Castle from VE-C was a lot more difficult. I lost the roof and windows and other stuff as the homedecor and moreblocks versions among other things in our little private subgame (Apfelschorle) differ a little from the public ones. I also had to move and rotate the import a little so in the end a lot of nodes such as stairs and doors had somewhere along the way of integration into the existing landscape lost orientation.

The kids wish to have more buildings imported so I will have to learn how to get this done with less mistakes and they also have some maps of different subgames they want combined. Not to mention all their Minecraft stuff they want to have imported.

We could really have use for a tool that could manipulate Minetest schematic files outside of the game to adjust them for import. Things like a list of all used nodes in a file and comparing that with the installed mods of a chosen subgame and being able to replace or otherwise manipulating certain nodes before importing it into an existing world could be somewhat of a timesaver.

I had tried to push the "Converter Minecraft world to Minetest world" tool a little to that direction but might not be the right project.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Mon Mar 16, 2015 17:16

twoelk wrote:I lost the roof and windows and other stuff as the homedecor and moreblocks versions among other things in our little private subgame (Apfelschorle) differ a little from the public ones.

That's always a problem, especially considering older servers or those with very specific mods.

twoelk wrote: I also had to move and rotate the import a little so in the end a lot of nodes such as stairs and doors had somewhere along the way of integration into the existing landscape lost orientation.

Perhaps mg_villages might be of some help in that regard. I do have a build chest somewhere that at least takes the facedir of the build chest as the orientation of the house. Rotation mostly works, but mirroring along one axis only cooperates under the right circumstances.

twoelk wrote:We could really have use for a tool that could manipulate Minetest schematic files outside of the game to adjust them for import. Things like a list of all used nodes in a file and comparing that with the installed mods of a chosen subgame and being able to replace or otherwise manipulating certain nodes before importing it into an existing world could be somewhat of a timesaver.

Again, mg_villages and even apartments does that to some degree. It reads the materials a building consists of and then applies fixed rules of random replacements for these materials. A GUI which would let the player set and change replacements for unknown nodes might also be useful. And then you'd certainly want to know how your building will look like without destroying existing constructions. Perhaps that can be done without too much effort...after all most of the real work would be to set up a nice GUI...I'll see if I can do something. I need a good build chest for the villages anyway. Something like towntest, but slightly diffrent.

Builder123

by Builder123 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 22:13

]Greifed! [url]my house![/url]
Builder123 Clip House

Minetestforfun

GitHub: Darcidride
IRC: Darcidride + MinetestForFun
In-game: Darcidride + MinetestForFun

by Minetestforfun » Thu Apr 09, 2015 19:15

Please, somebody can post a "meru mountain" worldedit file ?

fjlv9000

by fjlv9000 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 01:18

hi how are you guys this is my house hope you like it
Attachments
Captura.PNG
this is the house....
Captura.PNG (1.5 MiB) Viewed 5154 times

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Tue Apr 28, 2015 15:33

fjlv9000 wrote:hi how are you guys this is my house hope you like it

You can create screenshots by pressing F12. And if you want to share worldedit files, you're going to need the WorldEdit mod :-) (Or my upcomming build_chest or handle_schematics...don't know yet how to call it best...)

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Thu May 28, 2015 13:36

depends mainly on default and lavacooling (for the basalt node)
l made the maze with the chatcommand /maze 200 200 10 default:basalt default:mese default:wood.
Spawning it took more than 1000 seconds,
saving it as mts took less than 2 seconds and
placing it takes more time than saving it.
maze.mts
(310.06 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
Attachments
screenshot_20150528_152052.png
screenshot_20150528_152052.png (198.74 KiB) Viewed 5154 times

PreviousNext

Return to Minetest Maps