Minetest Universe

numidark

Minetest Universe

by numidark » Tue Apr 17, 2012 16:58

Hello everyone, Yesterday I was lost in my thoughts when I had an idea, minetest has not yet chosen a specific voice, and I had a pretty nice gameplay idea, knowing that this could be a way games separate minetest, I called minetest Universe.
The concept is simple, each server hosts Minetest roughly one solar system, More planet more or less with a sun.
It would therefore be a structure space map + map of planet.
And it would be possible to go by ship on different planets and even out of his system to reach other solar system (server) the other players.
Since minetest is coded in C + + it is possible and it is not mandatory that the official game takes that voice, as minetest is opensource :)
What do you think of this idea? You like it or not?
I confess I found this great idea: D I imagine the battles of vessels that could have run and the protection of his home world: D
On your keyboard!
Numidark

NakedFury

by NakedFury » Tue Apr 17, 2012 18:31

First minetest would need to reach a point were celeron could say its stable and the engine complete. After that Im sure modding can do everything else.

Of course many things would have to be done like:
Worlds are not infinite in any axis.
Worlds would need to be round, meaning you walk on one direction and eventually return to the starting point.
After going doing under the surface of a world you would reach the core or whatever is/would be the center of the world(generated differently on each world)
Going up on a world you would reach a point were the character would pass out for lack of oxigen and die.

Many new mechanics would have to be added like gravity and stuff for space things.
More world variety in size, types of worlds, oxygen or no oxygen, etc.
Im sure people would like it to be realistic to a point so we would need Suns and gas giants, etc.
Last edited by NakedFury on Tue Apr 17, 2012 18:35, edited 1 time in total.

numidark

by numidark » Tue Apr 17, 2012 19:22

It's just an idea that came like that but I think (not right away) it would be nice to be interrested :)
This is not a concept useless ^ ^
I wonder if people would like to try such a coded mod ^ ^
It is about many things that are worth seeing

Death Dealer

by Death Dealer » Tue Apr 17, 2012 19:41

i had an idea on my idea for modding thread to make a planet, cube, different sizes. will a sweet lava core:D and gravity pushing on each face. kinda like this. but different.
Keep calm and code python^_^

wieszak

by wieszak » Thu Apr 19, 2012 09:18

Or maybe for a start something like this: node which on punch disconnects with server and connects to server defined in metadata of this node ? Something like linking books in Myst :)

arreat

by arreat » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:38

The transition between worlds(servers) may be create with common authorization, like as OpenID or Google accounts. And user can be in only one world in one time.

mauvebic

by mauvebic » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:48

I dont think there are enough servers online at the same time (not to mention the same protocol version) to make this idea really work (yet)
"Fuck the hat." - Paulie Gualtieri

Lelix

by Lelix » Fri Apr 27, 2012 14:20

imagination you have there!

Return to Minetest General