anticheat

Thomas-S

GitHub: Thomas--S
IRC: Thomas-S
In-game: Thomas-S

Re: anticheat

by Thomas-S » Fri Nov 04, 2016 13:45

You can use this tool to decompile: https://github.com/bobsayshilol/luajit-decomp
It took me about 5 minutes to see the source code.

bigfoot547

GitHub: bigfoot547
In-game: bigfoot547

by bigfoot547 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 03:45

Do you detect a player using noclip by checking if they are inside of a block or some other method?
One way to get a false-positive with the mentioned method is with the mesecons mod and a piston pushing someone into a wall.
God's not dead, He's surely alive!
My Stuff | My User Page | Check out my website!
<bigfoot547> I major in existing. | <RedPanda246> Not every day is good, but there is good in every day.
I, bigfoot, have this special ability to destroy cameras and recording devices within a 5 mile radius of myself. Mystery solved.

red-001

GitHub: red-001
IRC: red-001

by red-001 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 20:16

As far as I can see It also checks if all nodes around the player are also a solid block.

bigfoot547

GitHub: bigfoot547
In-game: bigfoot547

by bigfoot547 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 21:54

Ah. Okay.
God's not dead, He's surely alive!
My Stuff | My User Page | Check out my website!
<bigfoot547> I major in existing. | <RedPanda246> Not every day is good, but there is good in every day.
I, bigfoot, have this special ability to destroy cameras and recording devices within a 5 mile radius of myself. Mystery solved.

SaKeL

GitHub: JurajVajda
IRC: SaKeL
In-game: SaKeL

by SaKeL » Sun Nov 13, 2016 17:53

i get an warnings in the log :/

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
WARNING[Server]: Undeclared global variable "boneworld" accessed at .minetest/mods/anticheat/init.lua:111
WARNING[Server]: Undeclared global variable "boneworld" accessed at .minetest/mods/anticheat/init.lua:238
Follow my Collection for more Minetest creations found on my server or join the Community for the latest Server updates and news.

SaKeL

ManElevation

GitHub: ManElevation
IRC: ManElevation
In-game: ManElevation

by ManElevation » Mon Dec 26, 2016 20:20

rnd this mod is nice and its works but.... i doesnt on 0.5.15 or at least to me
Hey there im going to be off minetest for a while because my company has been deleloping a game called Ground Conflict, if you wish to see some screenshots or have some info, than please join our discord server https://discord.gg/C9ygXJn

xXxCheatyHackerxXx

by xXxCheatyHackerxXx » Sun Jan 15, 2017 09:20

I have downloaded your mod and by the terms of the GPL3 I am requesting that you send me the source code.

xXxCheatyHackerxXx

by xXxCheatyHackerxXx » Mon Jan 16, 2017 00:58

I can see that you are active in other threads, you are breaking the contract (GPL3) by not sending me sources. You are being illegal.

Linuxdirk

GitHub: dsohler
In-game: Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Mon Jan 16, 2017 05:12

Under the terms of the GPL version 3 I hereby request the source code. Not providing me with the source code conflicts with the terms of the license you choose and will be reported at gpl-violations.org.

red-001

GitHub: red-001
IRC: red-001

by red-001 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 15:20

The mod isn't even released under GPL, it is released under LPGL and the file you a requesting is released under WTFPL, which doesn't require you to release the source code. Even if it was released under GPL it would still be pointless considering that rnd is the owner of the source code. If you want to see the code just use a decompiler. You are fully within your rights to do so as WTFPL places no limitations on you.

sfan5

GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 15:50

red-001 wrote:the file you a requesting is released under WTFPL

Firstly, it's unclear whether the compiled file or the source for the compiled file is released under WTFPL. In both cases it's pretty meaningless since you don't have the source.
red-001 wrote:Even if it was released under GPL it would still be pointless considering that rnd is the owner of the source code

That's not how GPL works, you license your code under GPL -> you need to fulfil the requirements. Who owns the code is irrelevant to adhering to the licenses terms.
red-001 wrote:If you want to see the code just use a decompiler.

There is no working decompiler for the current version of anticheat_routines.bin in the repo.
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke
Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

Linuxdirk

GitHub: dsohler
In-game: Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Wed Jan 18, 2017 17:39

red-001 wrote:The mod isn't even released under GPL,

It was until the post was edited.

Fortunately Google has a cached version of the page before the edit was made.

http://imgur.com/a/Uwc0c

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/ ... %7Clang_en

sofar

GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

by sofar » Fri Mar 17, 2017 19:48

sfan5 wrote:
red-001 wrote:Even if it was released under GPL it would still be pointless considering that rnd is the owner of the source code

That's not how GPL works, you license your code under GPL -> you need to fulfil the requirements. Who owns the code is irrelevant to adhering to the licenses terms.

Actually this is entirely incorrect.

A copyright holder that owns 100% of the work (source) owns 100% or the work.

That entitles him to release the binary as he sees fit. Including a license for *OTHERS* that specifies license terms of the work of art.

There is nothing that allows anyone to demand to see his source code.

Another consequence is that because nobody has the source code, nobody can distribute it (gpl clause).

For this very reason, the binary can not be distributed through the forum, as it would make the minetest forum redistribute a GPL work that it can't produce the sources for. And people could demand the sources from the minetest forum operator.

So, the uploaded binary file needs to be removed from the forum.

saavedra29

GitHub: saavedra29

by saavedra29 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 19:03

I have installed the anticheat, configured the minetest.conf with "secure.enable_security = false" and made the "anticheat_routines.bin" file executable for all. When i run the server i get the error
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
anticheat/init.lua:100: attempt to call local 'anticheat_routines' (a nil value)

and then crash. Does anybody have idea what's wrong?

Previous

Return to WIP Mods