[Game] MineClone 2 [0.17.0]

turtleman

IRC: turtleman_
In-game: Traveler

Re: Version 0.15.0 (“The HUD Update”)

by turtleman » Thu Mar 09, 2017 21:38

Wuzzy wrote:@turtleman: Forking an entire mod just for crafting recipes is bad. It works, but it is bad. Better would be if the original mod has an optional dependency on mcl_core (for the gold ingots) and only adds the crafting recipe if mcl_core is found. In case this is not possible, a seperate mod for crafting recipes could be added; it might seem overkill but it avoids redundancy hell.

Thank you for telling me, I have no experience making mods so just tried it and kept fixing errors :)

I removed it from Github for now.

Wuzzy

GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

Looking back after >2 months of development

by Wuzzy » Mon Mar 13, 2017 15:08

Two months have passed after the release of version 0.1.0. Add a few extra days if you count my initial commits.
I thought it is about time to look back to see what has been done from the beginning since I picked up the original MineClone by daredevils.

Here's a list of things which have been added or changed since then (in no particular order):

Things done after >2 months of development

Game mechanics:
  • Cooking times
  • Add furnace fuels
  • Suffocation
  • Basic hunger system rework
  • Minor mapgen rework
  • Weather
  • The void
  • Sprinting
  • Digging times
  • Achievements

HUD:
  • Proper formspecs of usable blocks such as chests
  • Listrings
  • Less ugly HUD
  • Many bugfixes in creative inventory
  • Title screen
  • Crafting guide

Blocks:
  • 3D torches
  • Block of Coal
  • Command block
  • Diorite, andesite, granite (+polished)
  • Frosted ice
  • Update xpanes mod (better glass panes and iron bars)
  • Jukebox and music discs (from BFD)
  • Dark oak
  • All fence types
  • Corner stairs
  • Stone double slab
  • Dragon egg
  • Beetroot
  • Cocoas
  • Grass path
  • Nether blocks + items
  • End blocks + items
  • Flower pots
  • Concrete powder
  • Concrete
  • Bed update
  • Rework of all doors
  • Glazed terracotta (5 blocks only)
  • Hoppers
  • Droppers
  • Dispensers
  • Cauldron
Items:
  • Fix all item names
  • Tweak compass
  • Add clock
  • Fire charge
  • Written book, book and quill
  • More fish
  • Major rework of dropped items
  • Bow and arrows rework
  • Food items
  • Saddle
  • Most crafting items
  • Shovels make grass paths
Mobs (with help from others):
  • Squids
  • Husks, baby husks
  • Baby zombies
  • Improved mobs: slimes and magma cubes
  • Rabbits
  • Blazes

MineClone 2 as a whole:
  • Looked for an eligible existing Minecraft clone to use as a start
  • Found a lot of subgames which were too “far away” from Minecraft and rejected them
  • Picked up MineClone by daredevils
  • Complete reorganization of mods, makes it much easier to work with IMO
  • Rip out the terrible “default” mod
  • README files and documentation
  • A ton of bugfixes
  • Wrote down missing Minetest features and filed issues in GitHub for Minetest

Other:
  • Armor stand
  • Minecarts
  • Dripping water
  • Many smaller things I did not mention

As always, for those who want to see the progress of MineClone 2, you can also look into this OpenDocument spreadsheet which I update from time to time:
http://playmaniax.free.fr/MCL2_completion_tables.ods

This seems like a ton of stuff for 2 months (it probably is). But I also have to stress that a lot of this work would not have been possible without the support from others.

Looking back at the support from others

I'm extremely grateful for the support I got for mobs so far. I'm still not very happy with mobs as a whole but I decided I will do the “real” work on mobs later. Still, those models you already made are very nice.

Then there's the Minecraft Wiki, this project would probably much harder without it. Minecraft Wiki is EXTREMELY vital for the implentation of MineClone 2. The amount of detail in this wiki is ABSURD, it sometimes even has exact algorithms written down. This is crazy, but it makes is super easy to make MineClone 2 more Minecraft-like. If it weren't for Minecraft Wiki, I would probably not have bothered to start MineClone 2.

The fact that daredevils started MineClone is probably the main reason why this project even got started. It was the only subgame which wanted to stay true to the original. If it weren't for MineClone, I would probably not have had the initial motivation to start it at all.

The authors of Faithful 1.11 are amazing. WIthout free textures readily available, this project would have been much more tedious to do. Although I'm still looking for a 16×16 texture pack. :-/

I also want to thank the whole modding community of Minetest for their hard work. Although I generally complain a lot about mods because there's always something I “find”, I'm thankful for all the mods which I can choose from and plugging them in. This also saved me a lot of work. In fact, a lot of code in MineClone 2 was adapted from existing mods, but I still needed to do a lot of changes myself.
I'm especially grateful that it is basically established standard practice that mods are 100% free software, and non-free software is generally rejected. Stay strong! :-)

The amount of playtesting and feedback MineClone 2 has received so far has been amazing. Just look at it: There are already two Let's Play series and this forum thread is already over 10 pages long.
Giving me constant feedback about this subgame is very important, and I thank you very much. :-)

Future development
And the show goes on!
I'm currently working on:
Adding in-game help. I start of with adding help texts for all blocks and items. I will be using the Help modpack which I created before starting MineClone 2.
I'm creating MineClone 2, a Minecraft clone for Minetest.
I made the Help modpack, adding in-game help to Minetest.

burli

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.15.0]

by burli » Mon Mar 13, 2017 15:30

Well done, but still a lot to do just to get close to Minecraft vanilla

burli

by burli » Mon Mar 13, 2017 16:22

btw: you can use now meshoptions for plants to get the croplike look from Minecraft, for example wheat

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Mon Mar 13, 2017 16:36

Well done, but still a lot to do just to get close to Minecraft vanilla

I know, right? xD
The work ahead seems endless … But looking how far MineClone 2 has come in 2 months, I still think I can pull it off!

btw: you can use now meshoptions for plants to get the croplike look from Minecraft, for example wheat

Sadly, this doesn't seem to work with Minetest 0.4.15; I only get the default plantlike shape. I get the “#” shape only in the dev version. So adding the meshoptions would be a downgrade for anyone using the regular Minetest 0.4.15. Unless you can proof to me that meshoptions works in Minetest 0.4.15, I stick with the mesh until 0.4.16, I guess. And the mesh works just fine anyway, both in dev and 0.4.15.

MineClone 2 will stay compatible with the latest stable version of Minetest. I heard a few people have already trouble obtaining 0.4.15, so demanding to use the developer version of Minetest is out of question for MineClone 2.

sofar

GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

by sofar » Mon Mar 13, 2017 17:09

Wuzzy wrote:

Sadly, this doesn't seem to work with Minetest 0.4.15; I only get the default plantlike shape. I get the “#” shape only in the dev version

Uh, it works just fine? That got added way before 0.4.15.

Are you properly setting param2 for all the nodes that need it? You do need to adjust your crop growth to make sure param2 is always set to the right value, through all stages of growth. (The screenshot is a dev version of minetest_game that has the param2 code, but a stock 0.4.15 minetest engine)

burli

Re: Version 0.14.0 (The Granite Update)

by burli » Tue Mar 14, 2017 15:09

Wuzzy wrote:Version 0.14.0 (The Granite Update) is here!

How did you add them? As ore?

Bu_Gee

GitHub: Bu-Gee
In-game: Bu_Gee

Re: Version 0.14.0 (The Granite Update)

by Bu_Gee » Tue Mar 14, 2017 16:36

burli wrote:
Wuzzy wrote:Version 0.14.0 (The Granite Update) is here!

It looks it: http://repo.or.cz/MineClone/MineClone2.git/commit/6a66d74f14922f340e31bfc38573d18056e256bc

burli

by burli » Tue Mar 14, 2017 18:56

I played a few minutes and I think there are to much mobs. In Minecraft animals only spawn once. If you killed them they are gone

burli

by burli » Tue Mar 14, 2017 20:13

I played 3 ingame days, just walking around near my "home", hunting cows. I just had to eat twice, the weather is changing very often, I got a lot of items from mobs, I didn't dig one iron, but I have a lot of iron tools... the list is long ;-)

Attachments
screenshot_20170314_210808.jpg
screenshot_20170314_210808.jpg (114.95 KiB) Viewed 13864 times

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Tue Mar 14, 2017 21:42

Thank you sofar. Yes, is was indeed my fault, I have now found the solution. Farming plants now use meshoptions and have the “#” shape.
The fun thing is, I was already aware of place_param2 and I set it properly to 3. But I totally forgot that I also have to set param2 each time I do a minetest.set_node. xD But I assumed it was a bug in Minetest or still just a half-baked/experimental feature so I didn't bother to put further research into it. Thanks, sofar, for complaining. I feel stupid now. xD

Note that crops in existing worlds will remain in the “X” shape. Wheat will revert back to “X”. This is only temporary. Just harvest those plants, place new ones and they will have the “#” shape.

Yes. I think this is how Minecraft does this as well. I don't really know the internal workings of Minecraft, but it looks similar.
Fun fact: MineClone 2 is probably one of the very few areas in Minetest where “because Minecraft does this” is actually a valid reason. xD

I played a few minutes and I think there are to much mobs. In Minecraft animals only spawn once. If you killed them they are gone

Ah, you mean in Minecraft the animals spawn at the same time as the map generates? But that's it? No respawns on already generated pieced of land? Yeah, mobs are still mostly bare bones and will stay that way for a long time, I guess.

Sign. It seems I have to rework Mobs Redo completely. I have now seen so many small and big features which I would need but which Mobs Redo doesn't offer. Which isn't surprising since its not made for a Minecraft clone. It's still a good mod, mind you!
I absolutely hate to redo the Mobs Redo because it would be another compability lost and another fork of a fork of a fork. So far, I have mostly shied away from doing any major modifications from the Mobs API but it seems it is simply not doable otherwise. An alternative would be that I push contributions to Mobs Redo directly and use these instead. But this could take ages until this is through the review process and I'm also sure not all features will be accepted.
In fact, I already was forced to modify Mobs Redo because it carries along too much cruft which I was forced to delete: Strange items, display of exact mob health, crafting recipes, etc. I would really have loved if I could just include Mobs Redo verbatim so I just use the API. But this is simply not possible at this stage.
Now that I know that I have to change the spawning algorithm, I absolutely must modify Mobs Redo at its core.
Oh well, at least I could try to at least keep the API similar, so that it is hopefully not too hard to transfer a mob defnition from a mod for Mobs Redo to MineClone 2.
But whatever. I'm probably not doing much with the mobs for a long time anyway. I have many other unfinished tasks.

I played 3 ingame days, just walking around near my "home", hunting cows. I just had to eat twice, the weather is changing very often, I got a lot of items from mobs, I didn't dig one iron, but I have a lot of iron tools... the list is long ;-)

Thanks for the feedback. I'm pretty sure the zombie drops are correct, but correct me if I'm wrong. It's probably because of the high mob frequency.
Hunger is obviously WIP.

I wasn't aware that the weather is a problem, however. This is noted.

octacian

GitHub: octacian
IRC: octacian
In-game: octacian

by octacian » Tue Mar 14, 2017 21:55

Just to clarify, in MC mobs do NOT spawn only at mapgen time. They only spawn less often and further away from the player. Not only that, but mobs do not spawn in the sight of the player (e.g. a zombie will not spawn directly in front of the player, but could directly behind - at a distance ofc).
God isn't dead!

My Coolest Mods:
MicroExpansion, Working Computers, Interchangeable Hands

Check out my YouTube channel! (octacian)

burli

by burli » Tue Mar 14, 2017 22:00

I never played Minecraft, only the Demo. But I watched a lot of Let's plays. I never saw a zombie dropping a shovel

Enderman are also to common.

Most Animals spawn in groups and only if the map is generated. If you killed them you are screwed.

burli

by burli » Tue Mar 14, 2017 22:16

Many mobs generate upon initial chunk creation. These spawns will only happen once per chunk.

azekill_DIABLO

GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:35

actually,in minecraft mobs spawn 24 blocks away on full blocks in te dark. they can spwn in your sight of view
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
Hi, my username is azekill_DIABLO and i'm an exelent bug-maker(yeah...i know...i have a bad reputation)

azekill_DIABLO said: Mineyoshi+ABJ+Baggins= TOPIC HIJACKED.
My Mods and Stuff | Voxellar | VoxBox on GITHUB | M.I.L.A Monster engine
WEIRD MODDING CONTEST !!!

Wuzzy

Version 0.16.0 (“The Helpful Update”)

by Wuzzy » Sat Mar 18, 2017 20:14

Version 0.16.0 released! Nickname: “The Helpful Update

First big change: Help
The biggest change is the new in-game help system. It can be accessed from the player inventory and uses the Help modpack. It contains a basic help, a getting started guide, and help entries for ALL the items. So if you ever wondered, “WTF does THAT do?” you now can find out. :-)

Many help pages are pretty complete, but some items still need updating. Obviously, I will continue the help texts in future versions.

It also adds the experimental lookup tool. Its only use is to open the help page for anything you punch. It still does not work correctly on many items and objects. And it is considered experimental. It can be crafted (which is silly) and I might consider to rethink this later. Also the texture is obviously out of place.
Some might consider this to be a break with Minecraft, but I think it is OK. This is indeed the only item NOT found in Minecraft. It has no gameplay value because you can't use it to mine or punch or even interact with anything, so it's just an interface helper.

I am very excited to see if all the hard work I've put into this modpack will pay off. Feedback is very important to me, because this is a very new feature. Especially feedback on the particular help texts is wanted.
If you still don't understand a block or item after reading its help entry, please report it here!

Second big change: Grasslands update

The grasslands has see a big rework. First, the color of tall grass and ferns finally matches the grass block color.
The map generation of tall grass, ferns and flowers has been completely reworked by using the Minetest decoration API. This should give somewhat more interesting results. Ferns have been removed from the grasslands.
Tall grass is also now generally more common in the grasslands again. If you're lucky, you will find some pumpkins, but they are relatively rare.
All 2-block high plants have been added and appear in the grasslands.
Try to use bone meal!

Jungles also have seen some changes: Ferns are now abundant in jungles and you will also find some melons here.

Finally, melon and pumpkin farming is now much more Minecraft-like with 8 growth stages and proper stem connection.

Trapped chest
As seen in the 2nd screenshot, trapped chests have been added. They are like chests and look perfectly identical. But they send a redstone signal as long they are opened. One of the chests in the first screenshot is a trapped chest. Can you tell which one? :-)

(Mostly) full changelog
Major changes:
  • Add a full-blown in-game help system, using the Help modpack.
  • Help: Add help entries for all blocks and items
  • Help: Add getting started guide and help entries about the basics
  • Help: Add lookup tool (punch thing and get its help entry)
  • Add high flowers: rose bush, sunflower, lilac, peony (+ bone meal support)
  • Add double tallgrass, large fern
  • Grass, tall grass and ferns re-colorized
  • Complete rework of pumpkin and melon growth: 8 growth stages, bugfixes, pumpkins face away from stem, stems always auto-connect to melon/pumpkin when fully-grown
  • Add trapped chest (generates redstone signal while opened)

Less important block changes:
  • Add brown glazed terracotta
  • Redstone repeater now uses correct textures and item image
  • Redstone repeater delay is now correct at 0.1s - 0.4s
  • Redstone repeaters and carpets must now be attached to the floor
  • Less annoying redstone repeater collision box
  • Grass path can now be turned into farmland by a hoe
  • Bone meal can now be used on ferns and tall grass to make them large
  • Bone meal can now be used on pumpkin and melon stems
  • Note Block now has 16 piano sounds (before: 8)
  • Note block now correctly identifies block material below it
  • Alternative note block instruments (other than piano) changed to be more Minecraft-like. No support for pitch yet
  • Note Block hear distance increased to 48
  • Increase thickness of doors and trapdoors
  • Doors can now be opened and closed by redstone
  • Iron doors and iron trapdoors can now ONLY be opened or closed by redstone
  • New (!) wheat, nether wart, potato, beetroot, carrot plants now have a “#” shape instead of an “X” shape. Existing plants need to be re-planted for this effect to apply
  • Improved selection boxes of pumpkin stems, melon stems ferns and flowers and dead bushes
  • Dead bush is now replacable
  • Pistons now push up to 12 blocks instead of 11

Mobs:
  • Sheep sound changed. It is less annoying
  • Zombies no longer drop tools
  • Villagers don't attack back
  • Tamed wolves don't attack back (I hope)

Mapgen:
  • Melons are generated in jungles
  • Pumpkins are rarely generated in grasslands
  • Complete rework of grass and flower generation,
  • Ferns generate in jungles. Tall grass in jungles is still possible, but not guaranteed
  • Ferns no longer appears anywhere BUT jungles
  • Cacti and dead bushes now generate 1 block higher so they don't appear on beaches

As with all mapgen updates, they apply when you explore new parts of the world which nobody discovered before. Already discovered areas are unaffected by these changes.

Bugfixes:
  • Fix a horrible item duplication bug: When you placed an item stack in an item frame, then break it, a large number of items drop out instead of just 1
  • Blocks of redstone now conduct to -X direction as well
  • Fix bad textures of the side of doors
  • Pumpkin and melon stems now connect and behave correctly, and are not upside down
  • Door open and close sounds fixed (hopefully). If your door still has wrong sounds, try to place it again
  • End rods had a bad collision box which is now fixed
  • Activated redstone was floating
  • Block of redstone was insta-breakable
  • Fix sticky piston drop normal piston
  • Fix Benchmarking achievement

Achievements:
  • Remove achievements not found in PC Edition

Other:
  • I don't know, I probably forgot a few changes xD

And as always: Happy mining!

texmex

GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: texmex

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.16.0]

by texmex » Sat Mar 18, 2017 21:30

I am deeply impressed with the achievements and pace of this project.
I spend all my days going down to the mines. Under the ground where the sun never shines. Breaking my back I put heat in your house. I’ve got the roar of a digtron, the breath of a mouse.

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:16

this is going to be better than MC.
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Hi, my username is azekill_DIABLO and i'm an exelent bug-maker(yeah...i know...i have a bad reputation)

LNJ

GitHub: LNJ2
IRC: LNJ2GO
In-game: LNJ

by LNJ » Sun Mar 19, 2017 17:35

This subgame is cool! - Thank you Wuzzy :)

I like your new mod structure, I ever wanted to have a tidy game! And also the features I've seen are very cool.

Some things I've noticed:
- There are too many mobs! It's too easy to get food and it's too easy to fight them. Only if hostiles come in masses you're really getting in trouble.
- The sheep are too small, in MC they are ~1.5 nodes high.

But it's an alpha! :)

My plan with this game would be to implement the most features of MC and then starting to rewrite MC Mods/ModPacks in different projects. For me, the normal MC gameplay is not very interesting anymore. If I play MC, I'll use the Life in the Woods + After Humans ModPack. Here is a popular German Let's Play of it: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... sL-PgulxNH It's currently about 200 h, so better don't watch it :D

If I really start playing Minetest again, I'm sure I'll create my mods for this game! :)
My Minetest Modding Tutorials (German) | Minetest TNG - My survival subgame! (OUTDATED... :() | #ComeToTheDuckSide - we have privacy! | diaspora* - The free and decentralized alternative to facebook and twitter!

cHyper

IRC: cHyper
In-game: cHyper

by cHyper » Sun Mar 19, 2017 17:44

nice subgame....
its the best mc like game...

+1
Last edited by cHyper on Sun Mar 19, 2017 18:22, edited 1 time in total.

burli

by burli » Sun Mar 19, 2017 17:48

I also watch LITW with Gronkh \o/ :-D

I really like these modpacks and I wish we could have something similar in Minetest. But we are so far away from Minecraft vanilla that we can't even dream of LITW

LNJ

GitHub: LNJ2
IRC: LNJ2GO
In-game: LNJ

by LNJ » Sun Mar 19, 2017 19:41

burli wrote:I also watch LITW with Gronkh \o/ :-D

I really like these modpacks and I wish we could have something similar in Minetest. But we are so far away from Minecraft vanilla that we can't even dream of LITW

Cool. I'm not the only one here. :)

And another thing: the leafdecay in this game is too fast. (it's much slower in MC)
My Minetest Modding Tutorials (German) | Minetest TNG - My survival subgame! (OUTDATED... :() | #ComeToTheDuckSide - we have privacy! | diaspora* - The free and decentralized alternative to facebook and twitter!

burli

by burli » Sun Mar 19, 2017 19:50

LNJ wrote:And another thing: the leafdecay in this game is too fast. (it's much slower in MC)

With the new system it is even much faster

Robsoie

by Robsoie » Sun Mar 19, 2017 21:57

Hello,

Before anything, i use a recent window build from Krock, so it's possible some of the errors i reports are not related to the old "stable" 0..4.15

I gave a try to that 0.16.0 version wanting to test the survival side i disabled creative and enabled damage (so mobs would come to attack you), while loading the v6 world i just created, i spotted in the log some error messages, not sure what is their importance, but in case they are :

2017-03-19 22:20:32: WARNING[Main]: Undeclared global variable "non_pc_achievements" accessed at ...n\..\games\MineClone2\mods\HUD\mcl_achievements\init.lua:165
2017-03-19 22:20:32: ACTION[Main]: hb.register_hudbar: armor
2017-03-19 22:20:32: WARNING[Main]: Undeclared global variable "blast_resistance" accessed at ...0\bin\..\games\MineClone2\mods\ITEMS\mcl_fences\init.lua:230
2017-03-19 22:20:32: WARNING[Main]: Undeclared global variable "blast_resistance" accessed at ...0\bin\..\games\MineClone2\mods\ITEMS\mcl_fences\init.lua:231

2017-03-19 22:20:32: WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: mobs:horse -> mobs_mc:horse
2017-03-19 22:20:32: WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: mobs:horse2 -> mobs_mc:horse2
2017-03-19 22:20:32: WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: mobs:horse3 -> mobs_mc:horse3

2017-03-19 22:20:44: WARNING[Main]: Irrlicht: PNG warning: Malformed iTXt chunk

then there was a very lot of spammed :
2017-03-19 22:20:49: WARNING[Main]: Irrlicht: PNG warning: Interlace handling should be turned on when using png_read_image

Finally when i entered the world :
2017-03-19 22:23:23: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer joins game. List of players: singleplayer
2017-03-19 22:23:30: WARNING[Main]: Map::getNodeMetadata(): Block not found
2017-03-19 22:23:30: WARNING[Main]: Map::removeNodeMetadata(): Block not found

Now once in the game, i noticed as i was busy making my simple mud house fast that MC monsters appears before it's actually the night :
http://i.imgur.com/3LPF7uF.jpg
Probably a light setting a bit too high in their spawn condition.

While the monsters were busy trying to enter my closed house by the opened holes (i was planning to craft some glass from sand, but the night came much faster than i thought), error message appeared in red, very likely related to those mobs :
http://i.imgur.com/IYEM6nL.jpg

While i was looking at the inventory window, while waiting for the day to come something else happened with the mobs, as when i came back from the inventory, i noticed 2 mobs were oddly not on ground level anymore, but half buried :
http://i.imgur.com/sbRRECV.jpg

In the log window i was noticing a lot of unknown chunk in base mesh message related apparently to "sand monster"
http://i.imgur.com/yOzXrPz.gif

Day finally came, and while there was only 1 mob still buried half ground, the other mobs that were in "normal" exterior weren't burning like they should have :
http://i.imgur.com/n3YuyQZ.jpg

In order to get out of the house and get away, i dug in the other side and noticed after digging the blocks that were under a herb, that the herb didn't fall on the ground, it stayed floating :
http://i.imgur.com/tSCQAgI.jpg

While taking the screenshot, it seems the half buried thing finally managed to get out of his block and inside my house and killed me while i was saving the screenshot :)

After respawning, i noticed that mobs were still not burning, but there was new error messages :
http://i.imgur.com/3teVBJO.jpg

Back to my house, i got near to 2 creepers, and i think something is not right because they take too much time to explode when you don't move and let them come right next to you.
Additionally i think the damage is wrong as i lost only 1 heart from that double explosion.

After cutting a tree to recraft tools, as unlike in MC my previous character tools have disappeared (could it be those items minetest deleted in the error message ?), the night came again (with the mobs spawning when there was still light) , i think there's something wrong there as the day was done in only 4 or 5 minutes !

over than those errors in that short test session, i found those crafting recipe achievement and help screen very nice to have.

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 00:09

After cutting a tree to recraft tools, as unlike in MC my previous character tools have disappeared (could it be those items minetest deleted in the error message ?),

After respawning, i noticed that mobs were still not burning, but there was new error messages :
http://i.imgur.com/3teVBJO.jpg

Yes. If a large number of entities (like dropped items) exist in a small area, Minetest might delete them all for performance reasons. Don't let items lying around in the world for long, they will disappear after a time limit.

i think there's something wrong there as the day was done in only 4 or 5 minutes !

You should check your minetest.conf settings. Make sure to set time_speed back to its default value (72) or just delete the line with “time_speed”. Otherwise I can't replain why your day is 4 or 5 times faster than the default.

2017-03-19 22:20:49: WARNING[Main]: Irrlicht: PNG warning: Interlace handling should be turned on when using png_read_image

Will be fixed when I finally change to 16×16 textures.

i spotted in the log some error messages, not sure what is their importance, but in case they are :

Thanks. These were all important warnings which I fixed now. Whenever you find a warning about an “undeclared warning”, report it to me and I'll fix it as soon as I can.

In order to get out of the house and get away, i dug in the other side and noticed after digging the blocks that were under a herb, that the herb didn't fall on the ground, it stayed floating :

I noticed the floating plants, too. My guess is that it is a bug in the v6 map generator from Minetest, but I need to investigate more.

Other things:

- Mobs in general are VERY WIP, there are a lot of bugs.
- As for the other stuff: Hmm, I don't really know what to do about these. I am fully aware that all these error messages suck, and they need fixing. Hopefully I find out later.

And thanks for the testing! I would appreciate if you will report future bugs directly here, in the MineClone 2 bug tracker (to make my life easier):
https://github.com/Wuzzy2/MineClone2-Bugs

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 04:32

I heard from a player online that MineClone 2, version 0.16.0 crashes frequently. I have not been able to reproduce this claims. Can anybody here confirm frequent crashes lately?

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:38

*testing*

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:42

poulps have 6 tentacules.

Bu_Gee

GitHub: Bu-Gee
In-game: Bu_Gee

by Bu_Gee » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:52

Wuzzy wrote:I heard from a player online that MineClone 2, version 0.16.0 crashes frequently. I have not been able to reproduce this claims. Can anybody here confirm frequent crashes lately?

I've got nearly 3 hours of play time with 0.16.0 without a single crash.

PEAK

In-game: PEAK

by PEAK » Mon Mar 20, 2017 17:00

Hello Wuzzy!

Your MineClone 2 is the only subgame that motivated me to play survival at length, not least because it is stable and makes a consistent impression.
But every time long before I achieve my goal: a full diamond armor -- you release a new version ;-)

The help system and crafting guide are great, of course.

I didn't encounter any crashes, but need "stay_inside" (You were too far away...).

I miss "sethome" -- doesn't something like this exist in Minecraft?

In v0.16.0:
When I place a chest...
WARNING[Main]: GUIFormSpecMenu::drawList(): The inventory location "nodemeta:-513,8,1065" doesn't exist

... the chest is not working -- I cannot store something in it.
Digging the chest and placing it anew helps sometimes ... particularly if I place it facing another direction. ???

Wield image for mcl_wool:silver_carpet is missing.

I dug like crazy but could not find even one Emerald -- and no Lapislazuli. Are they so rare?
Redstone in contrast seems very common -- much more than in v0.15.0 (or 0.14.0?) - is this intended (although I like to get much redstone)?
The other ores seem well balanced.

Anyway: awesome work. Please go on!
Never put more than three blocks of the same kind together,
but if so, do it with appropriate remorse.

PreviousNext

Return to WIP Subgames