I am Leaving.

Jordach

GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

I am Leaving.

by Jordach » Fri Jun 29, 2012 15:26

Hello, this maybe the last time you may hear from me, since I have had enough now.

I have hit the point of enough is enough, I think you understand what I mean though, I have been on Minetest Forums everyday (Since 0.2 11/9/12_3) attempting to help people, and now, since people like Landmine, lolmankuba, katiekitten, segfault22 continually spam the forum with fights, I am sorry, but Minetest had lost it's place, since 0.3.2.

I am sad to say this, but, I may never return here, but due to the amount of BS thats now happening, Minetest I believe, has passed on and died, I believe this was around the time of Death Dealer's long break.

I can no longer watch people fail to understand the basics, they also expect spoon-feeding, and, I am not providing for this.

This may be my final message.

Goodbye.

- Jordach.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o) [$ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) $] ( ͡$ ͜ʖ ͡$) ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

My image and media server is back online and is functioning as normal.

sfan5

GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 15:27

:/
I banned him for 5 Days because he wished: http://minetest.ru/irc/blockplanet/2012/06/29.txt
[15:28:55] jordach: sfan5, pop a 5 day ban on me
Last edited by sfan5 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 15:34, edited 1 time in total.
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke
Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

LolManKuba

by LolManKuba » Fri Jun 29, 2012 15:33

:_( (/i do not start those fights\)
He even had the most posts on the forum.
Last edited by LolManKuba on Fri Jun 29, 2012 15:35, edited 1 time in total.

LanDMinE1337

by LanDMinE1337 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 15:42

I dont fight i just make fun of people and spit some lyrics of fire.....btw stfan lift my ban i have some schems to share, and i cant wait 2 more days :(

sfan5

GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 15:44

Just Post as Guest until your Ban is over
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke
Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 19:22

I can no longer watch people fail to understand the basics, they also expect spoon-feeding, and, I am not providing for this.

I can't either - I like this guy's idea (pls don't ban me) I am going to go grief stuff on Minecraft...as soon as I find out how to join a server...
Resources are abundant; only money is scarce. People should not have to work hard and remain poor just to pay for the needs of survival.
Society can thrive without money - but only if productive members of society are rewarded for being productive.

sdzen

by sdzen » Fri Jun 29, 2012 20:45

I am ashamed to say this but this is what has been running through my head for a long time minetest has lost its path it no longer is going in the same direction as what i played it for
[h]Zen S.D.[/h] The next generation of tranquility!
malheureusement mon français n'est pas bon :<
Owner of the Zelo's
In game name: MuadTralk, spdtainted, sdzen, sd zen, sdzeno

InfinityProject

by InfinityProject » Fri Jun 29, 2012 20:45

Don't leave!! Youre awesome.

Death Dealer

by Death Dealer » Fri Jun 29, 2012 22:13

just take a break for awhile like me wait for them to get sick off the forum and them come back with some awesome mods and stuff. things will get better^_^ ignore the dumb stuff
Keep calm and code python^_^

Liandri

by Liandri » Sat Jun 30, 2012 00:42

As a passive forum member, it seems clear to me that the overall maturity level has been dropping alarmingly in recent months - weeks.

Minetest has cloned too many good features of Minecraft, but also two of the most infamous, very low level of community maturity, and the griefers.

This game needs a master metaserver and a client gui that allows to create and join games, so no need to post the server in this forum, keeping it clean of annoying kids whose only way to enjoy a game is ruining the others game.

I hate when someone valuable to the comunity leaves because of a little pack of assholes.

Sorry for my english.

InfinityProject

by InfinityProject » Sat Jun 30, 2012 02:36

The reason why maturity is going down is because minetest is getting more and more popular and attracts people like that.

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Sat Jun 30, 2012 04:31

InfinityProject, sure, and not only that, the mature people know how much this engine is terrible, and know how leaky the game is.
My mods: The Nether | Doctor Who (WIP)

I have quit minetest ... again. I am heavily unimpressed by both the game and the community.

Calinou

GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Sat Jun 30, 2012 14:19

Jordach wrote:(Since 0.2 11/9/12_3).

Erm, it was 20110922, not 20110912. :P

Anyway:

<griefers> weve won!!!!!!

Josh

by Josh » Mon Jul 02, 2012 04:23

Not to be rude but why does Jordach say minetest has passed on & died if it had nobody would be playing it or celeron55 wouldv'e abandoned it there's nothing wrong with minetest or anything it certainly has great potential! So why does jordach say minetest has died. I don't get it

Josh

by Josh » Mon Jul 02, 2012 04:41

Also the term ''Spoon Feeding'' sounds strange i know what it means but when people ask for help & requests
it dosen't mean there big babies who can't do anything! people who ask for stuff on this forum may not have the time
to do what they request like a texture pack or a mod or they may think the requirements to do there texture pack or the mod they
request may sound tricky. I also think that minetest is heading in a good direction. Minetest has many features of it's own that are not in minecraft. as long as people are happy playing & enjoying minetest i don't see the problem in it
I fully support minetest & all it's developers minetest is way better then minecraft. Minecraft ran so slow on my pc & it crashed all the time. Infact i don't even know why i bothered with minecraft. So thats why minetest is better than minecraft!
Sorry if this sounds like spam but im proving a point!

Josh

by Josh » Mon Jul 02, 2012 05:03

I support SegFault22s idea of greifing minecraft. The minecraft developers say: Oh we don't clone other peoples games,
we get our own ideas. typical greedy game developers they didn't create minecraft for people to enjoy
he just wanted money! also minecraft reminds me of barbie doll dreamhouse it's no longer a mining game
a mining game should be about minecarts & going around and exploring caves & finding ores like minetest!
nowadys minecraft has cats and dogs and cakes & villagers what will be next fairies?? possibly. also the ''Enderdragon''
is pointless the only reason the boss is hard & confusing is because he gets energy & stuff. Ounce a minecraft player has
finished the game what do they do next? it's so repetative after the games over you go of & build fairy house made of blocks. MINETEST RULES!

LolManKuba

by LolManKuba » Mon Jul 02, 2012 07:17

Josh wrote:I support SegFault22s idea of greifing minecraft. The minecraft developers say: Oh we don't clone other peoples games,
we get our own ideas. typical greedy game developers they didn't create minecraft for people to enjoy
he just wanted money! also minecraft reminds me of barbie doll dreamhouse it's no longer a mining game
a mining game should be about minecarts & going around and exploring caves & finding ores like minetest!
nowadys minecraft has cats and dogs and cakes & villagers what will be next fairies?? possibly. also the ''Enderdragon''
is pointless the only reason the boss is hard & confusing is because he gets energy & stuff. Ounce a minecraft player has
finished the game what do they do next? it's so repetative after the games over you go of & build fairy house made of blocks. MINETEST RULES!

I actually like Minecraft better, and Jordach agree's just saying.

Calinou

GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Mon Jul 02, 2012 07:38

Josh wrote:Also the term ''Spoon Feeding'' sounds strange i know what it means but when people ask for help & requests
it dosen't mean there big babies who can't do anything! people who ask for stuff on this forum may not have the time
to do what they request like a texture pack or a mod or they may think the requirements to do there texture pack or the mod they
request may sound tricky.

See Stef or other people like him - that's real spoon feeding, like "can you make me a map pls".

Josh wrote:I support SegFault22s idea of greifing minecraft. The minecraft developers say: Oh we don't clone other peoples games,

Why? All you will get by griefing on MC servers is getting banned, possibly from mcbans servers. Minecraft servers are much more protected from griefing thanks to Bukkit.
Also Minecraft is full of cheaters, as I said earlier.

Stef

by Stef » Mon Jul 02, 2012 07:47

sorry guys i can't make mods or texture packs by myself, I know im annoying but sorry for this.
I can't install any program on my pc because my dad has a administrator pass maked on my pc, i don't know the pass.

Sorry for all guys
Sorry for my crappy english, im dutch :D

Alo2

by Alo2 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 15:33

well i am back but i don't think things are going very good
:( i think people mean the game is dieing and soon to be forgotten
i do not say this personally or i defense

Alo

p.s i might leave so don't ban me i still am thinking

pp.s i know a good game but no tell until ask
Last edited by Alo2 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 15:48, edited 1 time in total.
The golden one

tonyka

by tonyka » Wed Jul 11, 2012 18:51

my humble opinion, is that few of us want to work in groups
I am a professional CAD, no program in c + + or even in lua and yet I have created a mod, and this liking

to create a good game, you need multiple disciplines, programmers, sound technicians, infographers ... and all working together, and each person working on really knows what to do ...
this is how it manages to develop it as a game of good quality

in what I have in the forum, only 2 users have tried to help me, and only 1 person wants to work on a joint project ...

This is regrettable if what you want is to create an authentic community of open software

On the other hand ...
Clearly, there are children! they do not see minetest as a motor, just watch the game, and I feel great to try to do what all other users, besides contributing a "brainstorming"
and I enjoy read their crazy, I try to teach them, are the next generation of developers

sorry for my bad English
Last edited by tonyka on Wed Jul 11, 2012 18:54, edited 1 time in total.
My mod: [MOD]3D Forniture 1.0
Download: 3DForniture_v_1.0.zip
Page development (European Castilian):
Moviliario 3D (proyecto 3D Forniture)

lesliev

by lesliev » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:28

Stef wrote:sorry guys i can't make mods or texture packs by myself, I know im annoying but sorry for this.
I can't install any program on my pc because my dad has a administrator pass maked on my pc, i don't know the pass.

Sorry for all guys

I think: try for an hour and then ask if you can't succeed. And if people complain about you asking - well they are free to not answer, aren't they?

The bible says: say only what is useful for building others up. I try to ignore people who don't follow that advice.

Neuromancer

GitHub: Neuromancer56

by Neuromancer » Sat Jul 14, 2012 22:04

The fact that there are griefers proves that Minetest is a success. If really cool stuff wasn't being created, it wouldn't be worth griefing. As far as all the petty fighting going on, it just shows that people are passionate about the stuff that they are creating and they get upset when someone messes with it. If you don't like to read that stuff (and I'm not saying I do), then just skip to the next message. It is always going to be really hard to find a lot of people to create sophisticated software for free, but this is still a vibrant diverse community. You have to take the good with the bad. I can't think of a game I'd rather be playing. As far as spoon feeding goes, let the folks with just a little bit of experience help the noobs, and don't feel like you have to answer every question just because you know the answer.

Jordach

by Jordach » Sun Jul 15, 2012 18:48

I see where Minetest has headed.

I am far more likely to be found on #minetest on IRC, than on here.

I have passed on from the http://minetest.net/forums.php

I have ascended, I am now in the perfect harmonial world of my almost grief-proof server, never to be touched by the world and dirtied by it.

tonyka

by tonyka » Mon Jul 16, 2012 08:34

DNA error code:
File not found: humility.conf

do not mean to offend you, but your attitude is absurd, you can not talk about people who do not know, or get everyone into the same bag ...
as I said before, there is everything here, we are many experts, and in many different areas, and you say things like we're rookies, and you have to spoon feed ...
for instance ...
really, all you know about me is that without knowing lua am creating my own mod, I am a CAD expert, and I use a leather jacket.
but do not know that I am also EXPERT in preventive security, electronic, with knowledge of domotic sistems for security, and expert in fire protection systems.
My work is intended to save human lives, in my world there are no newbies, if you make a single error, the people die.
you really think you're better than others, they know not to schedule?

like me, all those people, whom you are insulted, has its own life, many of them have skills that you do not have.

if it really goes, please do not go back!

sorry for my English
Last edited by tonyka on Mon Jul 16, 2012 09:10, edited 1 time in total.

cisoun

GitHub: cisoun
IRC: cisoun
In-game: cisoun

by cisoun » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:00

I hope you'll come back one day man...
Not here for a while due to some troubles between my graphic card and Minetest.
Cisoun's Texture Pack | The Conifers Mod (deprecated) | Faenza icons for Minetest |
Website

tonyka

by tonyka » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:01

14 years ago, I made my first contribution to a private sofrware, the appearance of the user interface, was commissioned a psychologist, the man handed the drawings on paper work
I was in charge of vectorizing the drawings, to computer programmers could work.
this shows that everyone is important.
Last edited by tonyka on Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:32, edited 1 time in total.

tonyka

by tonyka » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:07

cisoun wrote:I hope you'll come back one day man...

I really do not want to fence
we had nice comments on my topics ...
but it should to reconsider a bit, be more humble
Last edited by tonyka on Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:11, edited 1 time in total.

tonyka

by tonyka » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:59

I have an idea to help this man, would create a section in the forum for gamers

so, could interact with other members without annoying those who do not feel like to know of them ...

in this section could include posts of all kinds,
For example, I'm doing a tutorial to get the coordinates of node-boxes using 3D software.
I take it for fact, that developers, you know how to do this, therefore is intended for beginners and gamers
Last edited by tonyka on Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:28, edited 1 time in total.

Jordach

by Jordach » Mon Jul 16, 2012 18:47

cisoun wrote:I hope you'll come back one day man...

I am likely to be found on FreeNode in my usual places, trying to do other things in life over Minetest.

Next

Return to Minetest General