[Mod] More Ores [moreores]

cornernote

by cornernote » Fri Aug 10, 2012 08:12

SegFault22 wrote:No no no what I mean is, is there a service/program that I can use to generate images like that outside of minetest?

My GameWiki does it. You have to change the C++ code and recompile. If there is another way I'd be interested to see.

It uses this:

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
driver->writeImageToFile(baseimg, filename);
Last edited by cornernote on Fri Aug 10, 2012 08:19, edited 1 time in total.

Calinou

GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Fri Aug 10, 2012 09:50

http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1690
Avoid posting the same question twice, though. :)

Mito551

by Mito551 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 14:07

i can't craft many things... i crafted bronze, but silver/golden instruments don't craft.
i use old code and i "modernized" it a bit in order to be able to craft, but that didn't work.

minetest.register_craft( {
output = 'moreores:axe_silver',
recipe = {
{ 'moreores:silver_ingot', 'moreores:silver_ingot', '' },
{ 'moreores:silver_ingot', 'default_stick', '' },
{ '', 'default_stick', '' },
}
})

for example..

tonyka

by tonyka » Wed Sep 12, 2012 14:35

SegFault22 wrote:No no no what I mean is, is there a service/program that I can use to generate images like that outside of minetest?

all photo editing software like gimp
all vector drawing programs like inkscape
all 3D design programs like Wings 3d or Blender

just choose the one that best suits the way you work ...
My mod: [MOD]3D Forniture 1.0
Download: 3DForniture_v_1.0.zip
Page development (European Castilian):
Moviliario 3D (proyecto 3D Forniture)

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 02:19

all photo editing software like gimp
all vector drawing programs like inkscape
all 3D design programs like Wings 3d or Blender
just choose the one that best suits the way you work ...

ARRRRGH
All I am looking for is, a simple script or program or something compact and light that can take 3 images and place them on the sides of a simple cube, without someone having to turn stuff to face the right way, un-render the axes, and use Windows Snipping Tool to get a rough, crappy image of it.
If there's a GIMP plugin out there that works the same way, please let me know.
Resources are abundant; only money is scarce. People should not have to work hard and remain poor just to pay for the needs of survival.
Society can thrive without money - but only if productive members of society are rewarded for being productive.

Calinou

by Calinou » Fri Sep 14, 2012 04:45

http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1690
8)

It might be quite complicated to setup, but it works.
Last edited by Calinou on Fri Sep 14, 2012 04:45, edited 1 time in total.

FooeytheMiner

by FooeytheMiner » Fri Sep 21, 2012 13:25

Can you add gemstones like rubies and garnets and emeralds and stuff? They can be made into swords and maybe tools but swords and decoration blocks like emerald block and stuff. By the way this mod ruuuules
I Am A Ninja. FEAR MEEEE!!! *Pew shoooooooo pew pew pew*

Topywo

by Topywo » Fri Sep 21, 2012 14:47

FooeytheMiner wrote:Can you add gemstones like rubies and garnets and emeralds and stuff? They can be made into swords and maybe tools but swords and decoration blocks like emerald block and stuff. By the way this mod ruuuules

Some gem-stone stuff:
Titanium: http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3113
Diamonds: http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2724
Encrustable gems: http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2596

I probably forgot some, there are also mods producing other ores to make tools or stuff. Just take some time and take a look at the mod releases and modding general topics.

Edit: Realtest: http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2671 But I thought this one is not compatible with moreores. But it's big on its own.
Last edited by Topywo on Fri Sep 21, 2012 14:52, edited 1 time in total.

madarexxx

by madarexxx » Fri Sep 21, 2012 15:45

It is compatible with my mod:
http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3037

It adds ability to transfer ingots from one mod to other. And you can delete first section from realtest/ores/init.lua (it called "removing default ores" or something like this) to save default ores
Sorry for my bad English, please help me learn it - correct my worst mistakes :)

Calinou

by Calinou » Fri Sep 21, 2012 17:20

FooeytheMiner wrote:Can you add gemstones like rubies and garnets and emeralds and stuff? They can be made into swords and maybe tools but swords and decoration blocks like emerald block and stuff. By the way this mod ruuuules

Probably not; other mods already add gemstones; I also do not want "rainbow" caves. :P

wieszak

by wieszak » Fri Sep 21, 2012 17:49

Some idea: maybe change algorithm for placing ores so there is large patch of one kind of ore in area like 100x100x100blocks or event bigger, and no other or very rare other ore nearby - recommended only for multiplayers. I think it will boost economy - one player could find in his mine for eg. much silver, only few copper, tin and no mithril or gold. Another, could easily find in his area copper/tin but also no other ores. so exchange... This way you could also add few more ores without rainbow caves phenomena ;)

And of course we need things that could be done only from ingots of some kind, but it is probably for other mods. But please no silver or gold pickaxes... only bronze and iron

FooeytheMiner

by FooeytheMiner » Fri Sep 21, 2012 18:28

Calinou wrote:

Probably not; other mods already add gemstones; I also do not want "rainbow" caves. :P

I would of loved rainbow caves.... oh well :P
I Am A Ninja. FEAR MEEEE!!! *Pew shoooooooo pew pew pew*

Calinou

by Calinou » Sun Sep 23, 2012 08:59

wieszak wrote:Some idea: maybe change algorithm for placing ores so there is large patch of one kind of ore in area like 100x100x100blocks or event bigger, and no other or very rare other ore nearby - recommended only for multiplayers. I think it will boost economy - one player could find in his mine for eg. much silver, only few copper, tin and no mithril or gold. Another, could easily find in his area copper/tin but also no other ores. so exchange... This way you could also add few more ores without rainbow caves phenomena ;)

And of course we need things that could be done only from ingots of some kind, but it is probably for other mods. But please no silver or gold pickaxes... only bronze and iron

I'll try to make ore generation more tweakable . :)

EDIT: it is now tweakable in the init.lua of the mod folder.

wieszak wrote:And of course we need things that could be done only from ingots of some kind, but it is probably for other mods. But please no silver or gold pickaxes... only bronze and iron

You can comment their recipes in init.lua so that they cannot be crafted.
Last edited by Calinou on Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:42, edited 1 time in total.

jordan4ibanez

GitHub: jordan4ibanez
IRC: jordan4ibanez
In-game: jordan4ibanez

by jordan4ibanez » Sun Sep 23, 2012 18:14

there is a duplicate line in the craft registration of bronze
If you can think it, you can make it.

CTMN

by CTMN » Tue Oct 09, 2012 06:30

How can I have these new ores in a map that was generated without the moreores mod?

Calinou

by Calinou » Tue Oct 09, 2012 06:43

You can't, else buildings made of stone would have ores in them. :P

Ragnarok

by Ragnarok » Tue Oct 09, 2012 18:35

When I'm trying to download mod using this link: http://ompldr.org/vZnQ1dw/moreores.zip Opera gives me "Opera:site_warning". What's going on?

CTMN

by CTMN » Wed Oct 10, 2012 06:56

@Calinou: That wouldn´t be a problem.

@Ragnarok: I´m having this too. It says something like I may not give them informations about me and such stuff.

Jordach

GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Wed Oct 10, 2012 09:26

Ragnarock and CTMN, Opera Web Browser may not have enough information about that website, Google Chrome comes up clean.

And avast!'s webRep states that it is clean.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o) [$ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) $] ( ͡$ ͜ʖ ͡$) ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

My image and media server is back online and is functioning as normal.

Calinou

by Calinou » Wed Oct 10, 2012 09:30

Ragnarok wrote:When I'm trying to download mod using this link: http://ompldr.org/vZnQ1dw/moreores.zip Opera gives me "Opera:site_warning". What's going on?

How security systems work:

<mainstream stuff that spies you> it's safe!

<non-mainstream stuff that lets you do whatever you want> AMG VIRUSES

8)

CTMN

by CTMN » Thu Oct 11, 2012 06:10

Does the forum page spy me? No, does it? XD

recarv

by recarv » Tue Jan 01, 2013 00:43

New ores= obsidian, obsidian tools, plastic ore( hey, it's a game) Sheet metal, and gas pumps made from steel, copper, and brass, some form of electricity, and rubies, emerald, and utamian ores.(made that one up. PM me for what that is.)
I wonder if Minetest Tekkit is coming...
When will we get it?

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 02:01

recarv wrote:New ores= obsidian, obsidian tools, plastic ore( hey, it's a game) Sheet metal, and gas pumps made from steel, copper, and brass, some form of electricity, and rubies, emerald, and utamian ores.(made that one up. PM me for what that is.)

have you added it or are you planning on adding it
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 09:28

Hmm. How about a new ore: Iridium!
This would spawn in very small, very rare patches under -1024 Y, and when mined, gives 1 lump of Iridium. This awesome metal can be used to make a whole new set of tools, all 4x more durable than Mithril (but a little heavier than Gold). Also, it can be alloyed with Mithril to make a metal that's somewhere between the weight of Mithril and Gold, and about 3x as durable as Mithril.
Eh?
Resources are abundant; only money is scarce. People should not have to work hard and remain poor just to pay for the needs of survival.
Society can thrive without money - but only if productive members of society are rewarded for being productive.

Calinou

by Calinou » Tue Jan 01, 2013 09:52

5 ores is enough, but you can of course add these ores yourself if you want...

Topywo

by Topywo » Tue Jan 01, 2013 14:07

recarv wrote:New ores= obsidian, obsidian tools, plastic ore( hey, it's a game) Sheet metal, and gas pumps made from steel, copper, and brass, some form of electricity, and rubies, emerald, and utamian ores.(made that one up. PM me for what that is.)

A bit off-topic:

Most of this already exists in other mods. But I'm not sure if the mods/links are still working. Use Search (a tab in the dark blue bar of the forum page), type the word (example obsidian) and check the little squares called: mod releases and modding general.

Some mods, there are probably more
Obsidian: obsidian mod, blockforge, nether, lavacooling)
Plastic: VanessaE's homedecor has plastic
Metal: metalsstable, steel/ steel + radioactive
Electricity: RealBadAngel's technic mod (based on batteries), maybe mesecons.
Rubies, emerald, utamian: birthstones, diamonds, gems/encrustable gems, gemstones, gloopores, lazurite, rubies, titanium, uranium

Gas pumps: I don't remember seeing those around, but there's an oil mod
You can use moreores or titanium for example to create yourself utamium.

Just start browsing in modding general and mod releases. You'll find a lot of fun mods.

And keep asking if you walk into some problems.

Edit: typo's and lay-out
Last edited by Topywo on Tue Jan 01, 2013 14:08, edited 1 time in total.

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 19:19

Calinou wrote:5 ores is enough, but you can of course add these ores yourself if you want...

That I have done. I guess 5 is enough, so I made a separate mod that generates Iridium and adds a whole set of tools for it. Now I just need to integrate a MoreOres-alloying system, including Iridium-Mithril-Steel-Gold (Adamant) alloy...
What a great mod, though; MoreOres makes mining a lot more interesting, and puts the MINE in Minetest. Thank you for investing your time in this mod and publishing it for us all.

GloopMaster

by GloopMaster » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:57

You should update the orelump and ingot textures to reflect the new defaults.
Meow.

That is all.

Nore

GitHub: Ekdohibs

by Nore » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:56

While reading the code, I noticed that silver is more frequent than tin... Is that normal?

EDIT: after some calculations, I got:
Copper: 0.0052 ore/node
Tin: 0.0027 ore/node
Silver: 0.0041 ore/node
Gold: 0.0025 ore/node
Mithril: 0.0029 ore/node

I looks strange that mithril is not the rarest, and that it is more frequent than tin, which should be one of the most frequent ores...
Last edited by Nore on Wed Jan 16, 2013 19:39, edited 1 time in total.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:17

That's because copper and tin make bronze
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

PreviousNext

Return to Mod Releases