[Modpack] Animals Modpack [2.5] -- 2.6 approaching

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Wed Dec 12, 2012 02:23

Good to hear! The sheep may learn to graze :-) And: Your nodebox-models are good. Better than the Minecraft ones I've seen in the meantime. They just lack animation. Unfortionately, I have no experience with blender and a rather slow computer so I can't help you there :-( But please stick to the more "realistic" approach of animals. They're good!
A list of my mods can be found here.

Kryuko

by Kryuko » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:05

How can i able only animals?

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Fri Dec 14, 2012 14:48

Delete the subfolders of "animals" (i.e. hostile animals) that you don't want.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Kryuko

by Kryuko » Fri Dec 14, 2012 14:53

If i do it, i give some errors for missign mobs

neko259

by neko259 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 17:48

@sapier, where can I find your development branch? The crash I've had before appeared 3 times today, it's not safe anymore for me to run 1.4.6 on my server. Can I update it somehow?
Bitcoin donations: 18r66dJmUjwTmWRTFnorpGMzs8d4B8jzbw

neko259

by neko259 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 09:25

Also, can you make DMs spawn only in deep caves? Yesterday one spawned in the middle of a forest and burned a couple of trees. Today one burned my house on the top of the hill. Our wooden spawn was destroyed by one of them 2-3 times for one month, it's horrible :D

And please make them fire less rapidly. I've tried attacking the one in the woods, but he fires 1-3 fireballs a second, it's too much for me :)
Bitcoin donations: 18r66dJmUjwTmWRTFnorpGMzs8d4B8jzbw

Kryuko

by Kryuko » Sun Dec 16, 2012 15:52

Kryuko wrote:How can i able only animals?

I renew my question

Temperest

GitHub: Uberi

by Temperest » Sun Dec 16, 2012 19:54

Kryuko: According to sapier, the best way to selectively enable mobs is by adding/removing the folders from the modpack.
WorldEdit 1.0 released

The Mesecons Laboratory - the art of Mesecons circuitry
Latest article: Mesecons Basics.

bob

by bob » Sun Dec 16, 2012 20:45

Nice!

Kryuko

by Kryuko » Sun Dec 16, 2012 21:38

Temperest wrote:Kryuko: According to sapier, the best way to selectively enable mobs is by adding/removing the folders from the modpack.

Yep, but it doesn't work.
If i do it, i get too many error for missign mobs directory.

Temperest

by Temperest » Sun Dec 16, 2012 21:59

What are the errors (should be found in debug.txt)? Which mods did you remove?
WorldEdit 1.0 released

Kryuko

by Kryuko » Sun Dec 16, 2012 22:06

Are errors like "mobxxx.lua not found"

foxinsky

by foxinsky » Thu Dec 20, 2012 07:19

My server crashes periodically with the following errror:

ERROR[main]: ERROR: An unhandled exception occurred: ServerError: LuaError: error running function 'on_step': ...ods/animals_modpack-1.4.6/mobf/generic_functions.lua:203: attempt to index local 'pos2' (a nil value)
02:22:35: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:

In thread b7343700:
/build/buildd/minetestc55-0.4.4/src/main.cpp:1760: int main(int, char**): Assertion '0' failed.
Debug stacks:
DEBUG STACK FOR THREAD b7343700:
#0 int main(int, char**)
(Leftover data: #1 Dedicated server branch)
(Leftover data: #2 virtual void ServerMap::save(ModifiedState))
(Leftover data: #3 virtual void ServerMap::saveBlock(MapBlock*))

Josh

by Josh » Sun Dec 23, 2012 03:58

Sapier, Yesterday night i sat at my desk drawing up some diagrams/ideas for MOB Framework.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is what i came up with: Ahem, first is a Fish, the Fish can swim and when you cook him in a furnace, you get Cooked Fish,
which can restore up to 4 hearts. You also should be able to craft a Fishing Rod, which can be used to catch fish :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next is a Duck, The duck makes a Quacking Sound, and swims in water. It can also walk on land, when you cook the Duck
in a furnace you get Cooked Duck, which can restore up to 4 hearts. The Ducks can also have ducklings, that waddle around and
look cute....and eventually grow into a Adult Duck :)
Next is a Chicken, the Chicken can also lay eggs which can hatch and contain a Baby Chicken. The Chicken can be cooked in a
furnace to make Cooked Chicken, which can restore up to 6 hearts. The Chickens can also make a Cocka-doodle-doo sound when the morning comes. Eggs can also be cooked in in a furnace to make a Cooked Egg, which can restore up to 2 hearts :)
Next is a Mouse, kind of like a rat. It's peaceful, can make mouseholes, look cute and can make a Squeaking Sound. It can also steal cheese, you cannot eat the mouse only kill it. And the mouse is not very strong :)
Then we have a Cow, It makes a moo sound, can drop beef when you kill it, which then can be cooked in a furnace, to make
Cooked Beef, which can restore up to 6 hearts. You can Milk the Cow then drink the milk which will restore up to 2 hearts.
You can also age the milk to make cheese, which Mouse's can steal and the cheese can restore up to 3 and a-half hearts.
Next we have a Sheep, Which can drop lamb if you kill it. You can also get wool from the sheep, which can be dyed using the default dye, or used to make a bed from PilzAdam's Beds mod The sheep can also Baa :)
Finally, we have a Pig, The pig can oink, you can pull it's tail (Optional) It drops some bacon if you kill it, Then you can make a saddle which can be used to ride the pig (Optional)
So, yeah that is about it. Hope these idea's make this mod more intresting, that is if you choose to add them :)
-Josh

jordan4ibanez

GitHub: jordan4ibanez
IRC: jordan4ibanez
In-game: jordan4ibanez

by jordan4ibanez » Sun Dec 23, 2012 07:22

Can you rewrite this so it is not extremely heavy?
If you can think it, you can make it.

J-Block

by J-Block » Mon Dec 24, 2012 17:50

Can you update this mod for 0.4.4? It's really nice!

sapier

by sapier » Tue Dec 25, 2012 23:40

@jordan4ibanez I'd gladly do.
Can you just be a little bit more precise what you mean with less heavy ;-)
DON'T mention coding style!
(c) sapier all rights reserved

sapier

by sapier » Wed Dec 26, 2012 00:45

@Josh lots of suggestions I'll try to answer them one by one

1.1) cooking fish ... I like the idea, I've added fish meat some time ago and I'm enabling it in 1.9.1 to be dropped. There's already a cooking mod probably recieps could be added there
1.2) fishing rod: this idea is around for some time by now I don't have an idea how to do this in a way it's better than the nets used atm

2) Duck ... needs improovements in mobf core as this would be first animal that needs to stay exactly uppon waterline I'll put it on improovement list, but it's low prio atm

3) Chicken ... there is already a chicken for recieps see suggestion 1.1

4) Rat is in there, stealing cheese would require cheese being there ;-) I don't have an idea how to get a mob doing this but it's an interesting option to be added in later releases

5) Cows are there ... ok here's the cheese for recieps making cheese I recomend same as in 1.1

6) Everything you suggested about sheep can already be done

7) pigs ... some ppl like it others don't, riding is difficult to implement atm

Iqualfragile

by Iqualfragile » Wed Dec 26, 2012 01:02

7) not anymore, in doubt ask adam
Gr8 b8, m8. I rel8, str8 appreci8, and congratul8. I r8 this b8 an 8/8. Plz no h8, I'm str8 ir8. Cr8 more, can't w8. We should convers8, I won't ber8, my number is 8888888, ask for N8. No calls l8 or out of st8. If on a d8, ask K8 to loc8. Even with a full pl8, I always have time to communic8 so don't hesit8.

Josh

by Josh » Wed Dec 26, 2012 02:05

sapier wrote:@Josh lots of suggestions I'll try to answer them one by one

1.1) cooking fish ... I like the idea, I've added fish meat some time ago and I'm enabling it in 1.9.1 to be dropped. There's already a cooking mod probably recieps could be added there
1.2) fishing rod: this idea is around for some time by now I don't have an idea how to do this in a way it's better than the nets used atm

2) Duck ... needs improovements in mobf core as this would be first animal that needs to stay exactly uppon waterline I'll put it on improovement list, but it's low prio atm

3) Chicken ... there is already a chicken for recieps see suggestion 1.1

4) Rat is in there, stealing cheese would require cheese being there ;-) I don't have an idea how to get a mob doing this but it's an interesting option to be added in later releases

5) Cows are there ... ok here's the cheese for recieps making cheese I recomend same as in 1.1

6) Everything you suggested about sheep can already be done

7) pigs ... some ppl like it others don't, riding is difficult to implement atm

I see. Just do the best you can!
EDIT: You should add animated animals, (So the animals can move there legs and arms and turn there head)
Last edited by Josh on Wed Dec 26, 2012 02:07, edited 1 time in total.

sapier

by sapier » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:13

@Josh as you wish 1.9.1 adds animation support ... still lots of animals aren't due to lack of animated models
riding is possible? ok then I need to update monorail first :-)

To all others: A new release 1.9.1 is available,
-fixing lots of state change bugs introduced with 1.9.0 thus still not completely flawless of course.
-now you get the meat you want!
-finaly animation has arrived! thanks to jojoa1997's model I was able to add those small pieces missing

Temperest

by Temperest » Wed Dec 26, 2012 16:45

Woo animation!
WorldEdit 1.0 released

tux_peng

by tux_peng » Wed Dec 26, 2012 18:30

How do I make animal spawn(without creative)
Servers now up (Economy, no PvP) Forum up already! http://tuxcraft.info

Josh

by Josh » Thu Dec 27, 2012 02:03

sapier wrote:@Josh as you wish 1.9.1 adds animation support ... still lots of animals aren't due to lack of animated models
riding is possible? ok then I need to update monorail first :-)

To all others: A new release 1.9.1 is available,
-fixing lots of state change bugs introduced with 1.9.0 thus still not completely flawless of course.
-now you get the meat you want!
-finaly animation has arrived! thanks to jojoa1997's model I was able to add those small pieces missing

Awesome! Now we need to work on the graphics....
Last edited by Josh on Thu Dec 27, 2012 02:04, edited 1 time in total.

J-Block

by J-Block » Thu Dec 27, 2012 03:59

I noticed something- Sometimes I get killed by an invisible mob. I don't know why, but the mob is actually inside the player. I found this out when it seemed I was on fire during the daytime. Perhaps it has something to do with the ability to pass through mobs?

sapier

by sapier » Thu Dec 27, 2012 04:33

@J-Block some hostile mobs are big if you're standing right inside them you may not see them
@tux_peng /spawnmob <modname>:<mobname> x,y,z
e.g. /spawnmob animal_sheep:sheep 0,0,0

1.9.2 has arrived now theres a animated cow walking, standing around and eating

Some info for those of you trying to create models with blender:
1) enable the directx export filter ( it's not enabled by default)
2) make sure any face is part of a vertex group (as soon as you do animation non grouped faces won't be shown anymore)
3) make sure one bone is parenting all others
4) name all vertex groups exactly like a bone

sapier

by sapier » Thu Dec 27, 2012 14:58

Ok another release hopefully 1.9.3 fixes stability issues 1.9.x series has by now

Inocudom

IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Thu Dec 27, 2012 15:56

Google Chrome states that FreeImageHosting is a malware site and could therefore harm computers. Try uploading your images to PhotoBucket.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 16:16

Inocudom wrote:Google Chrome states that FreeImageHosting is a malware site and could therefore harm computers. Try uploading your images to PhotoBucket.

or omploader http://ompldr.org/
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

jordan4ibanez

GitHub: jordan4ibanez
IRC: jordan4ibanez
In-game: jordan4ibanez

by jordan4ibanez » Thu Dec 27, 2012 16:40

I've seen this mob framework get laggier and laggier as time goes on. Please, use this for peaceful mobs.
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
mob.on_step = function(self, dtime)
    self.timer = self.timer + 0.01
    self.turn_timer = self.turn_timer + 0.01
    self.jump_timer = self.jump_timer + 0.01
    self.door_timer = self.door_timer + 0.01
    self.present_timer = self.present_timer + 0.01
    if self.timer > math.random(2,5) then
        self.state = math.random(1,2)
        self.timer = 0
    end
    --STANDING
    if self.state == 1 then
        self.yawwer = true
        for  _,object in ipairs(minetest.env:get_objects_inside_radius(self.object:getpos(), 3)) do
            if object:is_player() then
                self.yawwer = false
                NPC = self.object:getpos()
                PLAYER = object:getpos()
                self.vec = {x=PLAYER.x-NPC.x, y=PLAYER.y-NPC.y, z=PLAYER.z-NPC.z}
                self.yaw = math.atan(self.vec.z/self.vec.x)+math.pi^2
                if PLAYER.x > NPC.x then
                    self.yaw = self.yaw + math.pi
                end
                self.yaw = self.yaw - 2
                self.object:setyaw(self.yaw)
            end
        end

if self.turn_timer > math.random(1,4) and yawwer == true then
            self.yaw = 360 * math.random()
            self.turn_timer = 0
        end
        self.object:setvelocity({x=0,y=self.object:getvelocity().y,z=0})
        if self.player_anim ~= ANIM_STAND then
            self.anim = player_get_animations(visual)
            self.object:set_animation({x=self.anim.stand_START,y=self.anim.stand_END}, animation_speed_mod, animation_blend)
            self.player_anim = ANIM_STAND
        end
    end
    --WALKING
    if self.state == 2 then
        if self.present_timer > 1 then
            minetest.env:add_item(self.object:getpos(),"default:coal_lump")
            minetest.sound_play("fart", {pos=self.object:getpos(), gain=1.5, max_hear_distance=2*64})
            self.present_timer = 0
        end
        if self.direction ~= nil then
            self.object:setvelocity({x=self.direction.x*chillaxin_speed,y=self.object:getvelocity().y,z=self.direction.z*chillaxin_speed})
        end
        if self.turn_timer > math.random(1,4) then
            self.yaw = 360 * math.random()
            self.turn_timer = 0
            self.direction = {x = math.sin(self.yaw)*-1, y = -10, z = math.cos(self.yaw)}
            --self.object:setvelocity({x=self.direction.x,y=self.object:getvelocity().y,z=direction.z})
            --self.object:setacceleration(self.direction)
        end
        if self.player_anim ~= ANIM_WALK then
            self.anim = player_get_animations(visual)
            self.object:set_animation({x=self.anim.walk_START,y=self.anim.walk_END}, animation_speed_mod, animation_blend)
            self.player_anim = ANIM_WALK
        end
        --open a door [alpha]
            if self.door_timer > 2 then
                local is_a_door = minetest.env:get_node({x=self.object:getpos().x + self.direction.x,y=self.object:getpos().y,z=self.object:getpos().z + self.direction.z}).name
                if is_a_door == "doors:door_wood_t_1" then
                    minetest.env:punch_node({x=self.object:getpos().x + self.direction.x,y=self.object:getpos().y-1,z=self.object:getpos().z + self.direction.z})
                    self.door_timer = 0
                end
                local is_in_door = minetest.env:get_node(self.object:getpos()).name
                if is_in_door == "doors:door_wood_t_1" then
                    minetest.env:punch_node(self.object:getpos())
                end
            end
        end
        --jump
            if self.jump_timer > 0.3 then
                if minetest.registered_nodes[minetest.env:get_node({x=self.object:getpos().x + self.direction.x,y=self.object:getpos().y-1,z=self.object:getpos().z + self.direction.z}).name].walkable then
                    self.object:setvelocity({x=self.object:getvelocity().x,y=5,z=self.object:getvelocity().z})
                    self.jump_timer = 0
                end
            end
        end
    end
end

Trust me, I have passive-till-aggressed, and aggressive ai too, please just use this for your mobs, they're plenty st00pid, and fun to work with, and you won't be wondering why your computer is spurting out fumes and smells like burning plastic after you change to this. Has extreme performance improvements, and allows for 200-300+ mobs in the same area without the server itself lagging. Please just use this so people can have fun with this mod.
If you can think it, you can make it.

PreviousNext

Return to Mod Releases