[16x] PixelBOX

Gambit

[16x] PixelBOX

by Gambit » Tue Mar 05, 2013 05:17

This is PixelBOX. The newest texture pack by yours truly. This package not only comes with the textures for vanilla but also a lot more for mods to utilize.

It's design in a 16 bit ratio and broad range of colors and depth.

So enjoy, and see if you notice anything interesting.

~Gambit
PixelBOX Full PACK
Last edited by Gambit on Sun Apr 13, 2014 06:30, edited 1 time in total.
Current Projects: MineToon | PixelBOX
Gambit's Checkmate Server - 43.65.296.232 - port: 30001

JoeyXtreme

by JoeyXtreme » Tue Mar 05, 2013 07:18

Wow this looks awesome i was waiting for this i will definitely check this out
Last edited by JoeyXtreme on Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:42, edited 1 time in total.
Hi i'm a signature :D

cisoun

GitHub: cisoun
IRC: cisoun
In-game: cisoun

by cisoun » Tue Mar 05, 2013 18:23

Awesome !
Not here for a while due to some troubles between my graphic card and Minetest.
Cisoun's Texture Pack | The Conifers Mod (deprecated) | Faenza icons for Minetest |
Website

Mito551

by Mito551 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 19:51

i can't download it.

Likwid H-Craft

by Likwid H-Craft » Tue Mar 05, 2013 20:09

My Domain's/others:
http://likwidtest.hj.cx/ (Not Done)

Mito551

by Mito551 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 20:21

thanks that worked

Gambit

by Gambit » Tue Mar 05, 2013 20:34

I added an Ubuntu One link as well. I'll be using that service for now on since Filesmelt is becoming really hoggy.

Feel free to review the pack by the way. It really helps encourage the artist to continue.

Jordach

GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Tue Mar 05, 2013 20:51

Gambit wrote:I added an Ubuntu One link as well. I'll be using that service for now on since Filesmelt is becoming really hoggy.

Feel free to review the pack by the way. It really helps encourage the artist to continue.
So when did you switch to Ubuntu?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o) [$ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) $] ( ͡$ ͜ʖ ͡$) ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

My image and media server is back online and is functioning as normal.

Mito551

by Mito551 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 20:56

Jordach wrote:
Gambit wrote:I added an Ubuntu One link as well. I'll be using that service for now on since Filesmelt is becoming really hoggy.

So when did you switch to Ubuntu?

-_-. you don't have to be an ubuntu user to have ubuntu one.

Casimir

by Casimir » Tue Mar 05, 2013 21:31

Gambit wrote:Feel free to review the pack by the way.

Where I come from, saying nothing means "very good" ;)
And this pack is very good. But there are two things. I think it would be easier for the users and for you, to release it as just two folders.
First one called "all" includes all the textures, the second one would be a mod with all the stuff you add and overwrite. This way it is easier to install (and switch between texturepacks) and easyer to update for you (you don't need to update with every new version of minetest_game).
Second thing are the textures for stone and desert_stone. In the mapgen they appear together, but your textures are totally different. It looks like a cut made trough the rock. But thats my personal liking.
Back to the good things: there are a lot of textures I would replace the default ones with. e.g.: jungletree, papyrus, furnace and maybe cobble.
And the candy-apple is sweeet. (btw. how do you get the sugar?)

kaeza

GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Tue Mar 05, 2013 21:46

This pack is very good indeed.
Small tip, if you add this:
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
groups = { food=1 }

...to the candy apple, my survival_hunger will correctly take it as food (it will replenish the hunger bar).
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal | BTC: 1DFZAa5VtNG7Levux4oP6BuUzr1e83pJK2

Gambit

by Gambit » Tue Mar 05, 2013 23:14

Jordach wrote:So when did you switch to Ubuntu?

I didn't. I use Windows 8. But I don't use Ubuntu because Unity is not very good in my opinion. I would prefer Mint or SolusOS over Ubuntu. I'm just taking advantage of the Ubuntu One service.

Mito551 wrote:-_-. you don't have to be an ubuntu user to have ubuntu one.

True dat!

Casimir wrote:In the mapgen they appear together, but your textures are totally different. It looks like a cut made trough the rock. But thats my personal liking.

I don't even know what that means. Can you provide a screencap? I never changed those codes. I left them alone. So I am unsure.

Casimir wrote:And the candy-apple is sweeet. (btw. how do you get the sugar?)

Just one papryus will make sugar. I'll update the post with a full list of recipes, as well as the changes later.

kaeza wrote:This pack is very good indeed.
Small tip, if you add this:
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
groups = { food=1 }

...to the candy apple, my survival_hunger will correctly take it as food (it will replenish the hunger bar).

I've thought about that, but I sorta wanted to behave well as vanilla. Since vanilla Minetest doesn't have hunger, it kinda pushed it from my goal. Minetest needs hunger by default.

I also listed a bunch of stuff I'd like for a food systems. I originally list Candy Apple to regain health rather than hunger. Food such as Apple would replenish hunger instead of health. Hint: Green Apples I planned to replenish two hunger and one heart. And Rotten Apple was design to be random, Recovers 1 hunger bar or (1/6 chances) -1 heart.

The list is big. I kept it small for the most part atm.

4aiman

by 4aiman » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:08

Offtopic, but
Gambit wrote:I didn't. I use Windows 8. But I don't use Ubuntu because Unity is not very good in my opinion.

Have you seen MATE DE? I'm using it since v1.2 beta and as of now (release 1.4) it's an good old Gnome2.

Also, there is Cinnamon ;)

Mito551

by Mito551 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:26

4aiman wrote:Offtopic, but
Gambit wrote:I didn't. I use Windows 8. But I don't use Ubuntu because Unity is not very good in my opinion.

Have you seen MATE DE? I'm using it since v1.2 beta and as of now (release 1.4) it's an good old Gnome2.

Also, there is Cinnamon ;)

there's also ubuntu classic. or lubuntu/xubuntu.

Gambit

by Gambit » Thu Mar 07, 2013 05:54

New Mese Crystal, Fragment, and Mineral have been added for 0.4.5... Also added a Vanilla 0.4.4 link.

Now as to why I made the Mese into such a color some may ask is because Mese being the oldest mineral in Minetest, especially since its incarnation, Mese as been use by mod developers as some overpowered ore that can do/make/heal/enhance anything and everything. With that sort of power, I felt an ancient look and color is best for its design.

It will be sad to see it no longer being the ancient block I was hoping it would remain as.

Mito551

by Mito551 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 17:04

crack animation horrible. clay/clay lump is cool. cobble and sand are stupid. desert stone is cool. grass is too grainy. too much of grass on the side. junglegrass is too low, lol. jungletree is really awesome. stone and grass are primitive. mese is both clone and cool. not sure about ores, but generally i don't like 'em. rail is weird. sand and sanstone are nice. ingots are cool. stone is a bit primitive, looks even more primitive on your screens. tools are cool, but look too minecraftish, i'm afraid getting sued. only shovel in that sense is nice. and i simply don't like wood. i don't like buckets, they're too big. levaes are blocking too much. apples are good enough. sand is awesome.
you've done great job.
Last edited by Mito551 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 17:07, edited 1 time in total.

Gambit

by Gambit » Fri Mar 08, 2013 04:53

Mito551 wrote:crack animation horrible. clay/clay lump is cool. cobble and sand are stupid. desert stone is cool. grass is too grainy. too much of grass on the side. junglegrass is too low, lol. jungletree is really awesome. stone and grass are primitive. mese is both clone and cool. not sure about ores, but generally i don't like 'em. rail is weird. sand and sanstone are nice. ingots are cool. stone is a bit primitive, looks even more primitive on your screens. tools are cool, but look too minecraftish, i'm afraid getting sued. only shovel in that sense is nice. and i simply don't like wood. i don't like buckets, they're too big. levaes are blocking too much. apples are good enough. sand is awesome.
you've done great job.

Then don't use it.

Mito551

by Mito551 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 09:00

Gambit wrote:
Mito551 wrote:crack animation horrible. clay/clay lump is cool. cobble and sand are stupid. desert stone is cool. grass is too grainy. too much of grass on the side. junglegrass is too low, lol. jungletree is really awesome. stone and grass are primitive. mese is both clone and cool. not sure about ores, but generally i don't like 'em. rail is weird. sand and sanstone are nice. ingots are cool. stone is a bit primitive, looks even more primitive on your screens. tools are cool, but look too minecraftish, i'm afraid getting sued. only shovel in that sense is nice. and i simply don't like wood. i don't like buckets, they're too big. levaes are blocking too much. apples are good enough. sand is awesome.
you've done great job.

Then don't use it.

yes, i won't. but i thought you asked for reviews?

Gambit

by Gambit » Fri Mar 08, 2013 20:07

Mito551 wrote:
Gambit wrote:
you've done great job.

Then don't use it.

A review is a set of Positives and Constructive Criticism. Not Insults like calling certain things "stupid" or sounded as if your where offended because stated you "hate". Not to mention you contradict yourself about the sand texture. Base on your "review", it seems you don't like a different a approach to textures. Sorry for being an artist.

But thanks anyways. It was a good laugh. (:

BrandonReese

GitHub: bremaweb
IRC: BrandonReese
In-game: BrandonReese

by BrandonReese » Fri Mar 08, 2013 20:39

I think this is my new favorite texture pack.

Mito551

by Mito551 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 23:02

Gambit wrote:
Mito551 wrote:
Gambit wrote:
Then don't use it.

A review is a set of Positives and Constructive Criticism. Not Insults like calling certain things "stupid" or sounded as if your where offended because stated you "hate". Not to mention you contradict yourself about the sand texture. Base on your "review", it seems you don't like a different a approach to textures. Sorry for being an artist.

i don't contradict about sand, i don't like desert sand, but do like usual sand. and i didn't mean to insult you, these are all adjectives.
i pointed out things i like and things i dislike.
i know that feeling, bro. too bad you don't know i do - i have my texture pack here.

Gambit

by Gambit » Fri Mar 08, 2013 23:40

Mito551 wrote:
Gambit wrote:
Mito551 wrote:

i don't contradict about sand, i don't like desert sand, but do like usual sand. and i didn't mean to insult you, these are all adjectives.
i know that feeling, bro. too bad you don't know i do - i have my texture pack here.

I wasn't insulted, I found it funny. I chuckled when I read the whole thing. Lighten up.

Mito551

by Mito551 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 08:17

Gambit wrote:
Mito551 wrote:
Gambit wrote:

I wasn't insulted, I found it funny. I chuckled when I read the whole thing. Lighten up.

I'm a bit confused why is it funny, but okay. I'm glad i could cheer somebody up.

Evergreen

GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Sat Mar 09, 2013 14:48

Good! Just gives me all the more incentive to finish a new texture pack I'm working on.
"Help! I searched for a mod but I couldn't find it!"
http://krock-works.16mb.com/MTstuff/modSearch.php

madchicken13

by madchicken13 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 16:40

Nice, Im going to use this texture pack on my server, looks great

xavier108

IRC: Ezlif

by xavier108 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 01:30

This texture is awesome +9999999999999999999999999999999 :D
Ezlif :D

jordan4ibanez

GitHub: jordan4ibanez
IRC: jordan4ibanez
In-game: jordan4ibanez

by jordan4ibanez » Sun Mar 10, 2013 04:01

Oh wow a texture pack that is actually higher quality than minecraft's texture packs, nawce rawce bryce mcdyce
If you can think it, you can make it.

Mito551

by Mito551 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 06:11

jordan4ibanez wrote:Oh wow a texture pack that is actually higher quality than minecraft's texture packs, nawce rawce bryce mcdyce

+1

LionLAD

by LionLAD » Mon Mar 25, 2013 23:13

hmmmmmm ...
i dont know about this one ...
i mean IT'S POWER LEVEL IS OVER 9000 but meh it's ok
lol +1 Gambit, +1 :) i love it very nice :)
In game names:LAD,captainLAD,LionLAD
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.

Casimir

by Casimir » Sat Mar 30, 2013 17:29

What licence do you use? I would like to use the wheat and sugar textures in my garden mod.

Next

Return to Minetest Texture Packs