Futuristic mods?

Mella

Futuristic mods?

by Mella » Mon Mar 23, 2015 17:11

Hello everybody!
I've had the idea about creating a futuristic world on Minetest, however the only suitable mods I found (except the "Dreambuilder" subgame, perhaps) were an old one for a laser sword and the UFO Mod. Have you got suggestions for me?
If there aren't any further mods, maybe someone could create something? I'd do it myself, but my programming skills are restricted to copying items from a Mod into the Default game ;)
I dreamed of having some "Star Trek"-Items in Minetest (phasers, replicators, transporters, alien npcs...), but any futuristic mod would do for now.

12Me21

Re: Futuristic mods?

by 12Me21 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 17:12

Travelnet adds teleporters

Mella

by Mella » Mon Mar 23, 2015 17:18

12Me21 wrote:Travelnet adds teleporters

12Me21

by 12Me21 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 18:00

Also technic has some futureistic stuff, like a force field generetor, though it's a pretty large mod and has a lot of dependencies, so you might want to remove some features or at least remove some of the dependancies

Krock

GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Mon Mar 23, 2015 18:02

I'm still waiting for a feature to build moving structures in the sky to do some battles over there :)

Replicators are quite useless here because it's easy to put a stack of bananas in your inventory and there's mostly too much food in the world. (at least when farming_plus is activated)
Newest Win32 builds - Find a mod - All my mods
ALL YOUR DONATION ARE BELONG TO PARAMAT (Please support him and Minetest)
New DuckDuckGo !bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

12Me21

by 12Me21 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 18:18

Krock wrote:I'm still waiting for a feature to build moving structures in the sky to do some battles over there :)

Replicators are quite useless here because it's easy to put a stack of bananas in your inventory and there's mostly too much food in the world. (at least when farming_plus is activated)

Also replicators would be overpowered because you could use them to replicate valuable stuff like mese or nyan cats, or even to create more replicators (so even making them hard to create wouldn't help much)

Mella

by Mella » Mon Mar 23, 2015 18:23

Krock wrote:I'm still waiting for a feature to build moving structures in the sky to do some battles over there :)

Yeah, that sounds great :) Maybe someone could create a flying platform on which different structures can be created in the sky? Like the movie "Laputa - The Castle in the Sky"?

Well I thought with the replicators you could access the creative inventory in the "normal game" - as long as you have enough energy to power them, of course. As I understand it, in Star Trek replicators need a Warp Core to get enough energy and the Warp Core needs an ore called "Dilithium". That sounds like a great base for minetest, don't you think?

I'd really love to have a phaser, but I guess it's comlicated creating the laser beam. :( Phasers would also be a useful weapon for your skybattles.

Mella

by Mella » Mon Mar 23, 2015 18:25

12Me21 wrote:

Also replicators would be overpowered because you could use them to replicate valuable stuff like mese or nyan cats, or even to create more replicators (so even making them hard to create wouldn't help much)

Yes, that would be a problem.

Krock

GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Mon Mar 23, 2015 18:30

12Me21 wrote:Also replicators would be overpowered because you could use them to replicate valuable stuff like mese ...

You can't replicate MESE.

Mella wrote:As I understand it, in Star Trek replicators need a Warp Core to get enough energy and the Warp Core needs an ore called "Dilithium". That sounds like a great base for minetest, don't you think?

I'd really love to have a phaser, but I guess it's comlicated creating the laser beam. :( Phasers would also be a useful weapon for your skybattles.

It also needs antimatter ;)
A mod to refine those ores would be a great idea, so it's possible to increase the power per ore.

Well, it's possible to modify the shooter mod to shoot green or red lines. It also contains the code to destruct a node when the bullet touches it.
Newest Win32 builds - Find a mod - All my mods
ALL YOUR DONATION ARE BELONG TO PARAMAT (Please support him and Minetest)
New DuckDuckGo !bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Mella

by Mella » Mon Mar 23, 2015 18:48

Krock wrote:
Mella wrote:As I understand it, in Star Trek replicators need a Warp Core to get enough energy and the Warp Core needs an ore called "Dilithium". That sounds like a great base for minetest, don't you think?

It also needs antimatter ;)
A mod to refine those ores would be a great idea, so it's possible to increase the power per ore.

Well, it's possible to modify the shooter mod to shoot green or red lines. It also contains the code to destruct a node when the bullet touches it.

Great, now just somebody has to create them - As I've said before, I have never done anything like this ;)

Maybe the UFO-Mod could also be modyfied to create other types of "Star"(Well, better: Sky)ships. In the "Adventuretest" Subgame you need a work bench for a bigger crafting grid. Maybe there could be a "working hall" there could be a 4x4 (or even bigger) crafting grid to create starships. Crafting recipes should include a warp core and maybe also phasers (or torpedos). Or maybe I'm dreaming again :D

Yes, of course antimatter is necessary for a warp core. The only question is: What should be the antimatter-source?

Mella

by Mella » Mon Mar 23, 2015 19:02

12Me21 wrote:Also technic has some futureistic stuff, like a force field generetor, though it's a pretty large mod and has a lot of dependencies, so you might want to remove some features or at least remove some of the dependancies

I can't find the Mod you mean. Is it just called "technic"?

rubenwardy

GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Mon Mar 23, 2015 19:10

Mella

by Mella » Mon Mar 23, 2015 19:28

Ah, thanks, I guess that is the "Technic" Mod, 12Me21 has written about. It looks good :) Also I guess there would be really good components for a starship crafting recipe.

And I think in Star Trek the Dilithium IS the antimatter source. I think it is split into it's seperate atoms of which the polarity is then reversed. So there would just miss the Dilithium Ore in Minetest. Too much physics for today ;)

Oh, by the way, Rubenwardy - I think I'll try out your Minetest Modding Book - Thanks for writing it anyway :)

paramat

GitHub: paramat

by paramat » Mon Mar 23, 2015 20:22

Last edited by paramat on Mon Mar 23, 2015 20:26, edited 1 time in total.

Don

GitHub: DonBatman
IRC: Batman
In-game: Batman

by Don » Mon Mar 23, 2015 20:24

Last edited by Don on Mon Mar 23, 2015 23:18, edited 1 time in total.
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

A list of my mods can be found here

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Mon Mar 23, 2015 22:12

Mella wrote:I dreamed of having some "Star Trek"-Items in Minetest (phasers, replicators, transporters, alien npcs...), but any futuristic mod would do for now.

Mauvebic used to have nodes of that type, including a transporter unit. Sadly, Mauvebic is no longer active.
A list of my mods can be found here.

rubenwardy

GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Tue Mar 24, 2015 08:45

Some of mauvebic's unreleaseds mods are here, but no star trek ones: http://minetest.org/data/gamezips/index.html

:(

Mella

by Mella » Tue Mar 24, 2015 14:08

rubenwardy wrote:Some of mauvebic's unreleaseds mods are here, but no star trek ones: http://minetest.org/data/gamezips/index.html

:(

That's a pity :( But thanks.

I think I collected a lot now, and I try the Mods I got now ;)

Thanks to all of you :)

Wuzzy

GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:26

I guess my Point Teleporter <https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9629> is futuristic.

Return to Minetest Features