I Have a Few Ideas!

Kexyl Redwake I

I Have a Few Ideas!

by Kexyl Redwake I » Sun Jun 03, 2012 01:59

I'm no good at doing mods, but I'm pretty good at coming up with ideas. I got to thinking about some stuff earlier, and here's what I've got so far. Mind you, I DO know that there are numerous mods that can do all sorts of stuff, so please don't blast me with that.

Bows and Arrows

The bow and arrow are useful in many ways. We all know this. But why use like three or four mods to get a couple of much wanted items??
My idea is this:
Use sticks to make the bow itself. Then, maybe make it so that rope could be crafted from Jungle Vines. The rope can be used for climbing, too.
Then, place the materials (3 sticks, 1 string) in a manner similar to Minecraft's bow, and you would have a bow.
Then with the arrows, make them simple. Just a stick and a steel ingot. No need for feathers. They'd be kind of rudimentary, but they'd still got the job done.

And that's about it so far. I'm always thinking of neat little things that might be useful or awesome to have in-game.
Any thoughts?
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!" ~ Adam Savage

InfinityProject

by InfinityProject » Sun Jun 03, 2012 05:10

Welcome to the forums! But the bow and arrow was already nicely done by Jeija.
Here: http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=687

Kexyl Redwake I

by Kexyl Redwake I » Mon Jun 04, 2012 06:52

Ahh, so there WAS a mod for the bow and arrow that didn't need tons of others to depend on. Just goes to show what happens when you don't examine something closely.
I'll be sure to check the mods page for anything that might have already be done from now on before I go and put up another idea. ^_^'

Kexyl Redwake I

by Kexyl Redwake I » Tue Jun 12, 2012 21:39

Okay, I'm back with a few new ideas. I haven't seen anything on the forums similar ro these ideas, so here goes.

The first is a type of arrow for a bow. We've all gone exploring in a cave that we've randomly found, and have found ourselves staring down a dark hall, or out over a ledge, and you can't anything ahead, above, or below you. Instead of placing torches that might not touch the shadows, a flaming arrow would be able to reach a long distance, and once it lands on a flat surface or hits a vertical surface, it sticks there and lights up the area around it, much like a torch would.
Uses are not only limited to exploration. The fire arrow could also be used for attacking enemies, setting them on fire for a few seconds. This could be more effective against hostile enemies like zombies, or even Dungeon Masters (if they ever show up again).
The recipe would be:
~~~
A-arrow, T-torch, O-empty
~~~
OOO
OTO
OAO
~~~

The next idea kind of seems a little dumb, but, hey, you never know, right?
A bridge block. It could be used more for decoration than for function, of course.
The bridge would be one block wide, and two blocks long, and would have rails on the sides to keep the player from falling off. It can only be attached to vertical walls or blocks.
The recipe would be:
~~~
S-stick, W-wood
~~~
SWS
SWS
SWS
~~~
You could also replace wood with stone or steel for a different look.

That's about it for now. I'm still trying to think of other useful or neat things that could be done.

InfinityProject

by InfinityProject » Wed Jun 13, 2012 01:30

So for the arrow to have a light source, just edit the mod and put in
light_source =
then put a number.

Return to Minetest Features