Can't run the game in Xubuntu.

The_Loko

Can't run the game in Xubuntu.

by The_Loko » Fri Dec 02, 2011 22:07

I have just installed Xubuntu, I had windows, and now the game show me this error in terminal:
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
:~$ minetest
signal_handler_init()
Using system-wide paths (NOT RUN_IN_PLACE)
path_data = /usr/bin/../share/minetest
path_userdata = /home/julio/.minetest
Debug streams initialized, disable_stderr=0
22:53:58: ACTION[main]: minetest with SER_FMT_VER_HIGHEST=20, VER=0.3.1 RUN_IN_PLACE=0 USE_GETTEXT=1 INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr BUILD_TYPE=Release
22:53:58: ERROR[main]: Error opening configuration file "/home/julio/.minetest/minetest.conf"
INFO: Initial run of init_mapnode with g_texturesource=NULL. If this segfaults, there is a bug with something not checking for the NULL value.
Irrlicht Engine version 1.7.2
Linux 3.0.0-13-generic #22-Ubuntu SMP Wed Nov 2 13:25:36 UTC 2011 i686
Creating X window...
Visual chosen: : 137
Using renderer: OpenGL 1.3
Mesa DRI Intel(R) 865G x86/MMX/SSE2: Tungsten Graphics, Inc
OpenGL driver version is 1.2 or better.
GLSL version: 1.2
INFO: Full run of init_mapnode with g_texturesource!=NULL
Violación de segmento

I think that I need to install something, but don't know what.

Roflo

by Roflo » Sat Dec 03, 2011 00:56

Last time I checked, the requirements were:

cmake
wget
irrlicht-devel
bzip2-devel
libpng-devel
libjpeg-turbo-devel
libXxf86vm
mesa-libGL-devel

I don't know if the modding API changed them.
Unless otherwise specified: I use linux and run (and compile) the latest dev.

sfan5

GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 06:06

Roflo: The libs you said are for devlopment
The_Loko: It's a Segmentation Fault, post your debug.txt its found in ~/.minetest/debug.txt
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke
Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

The_Loko

by The_Loko » Sat Dec 03, 2011 16:56

Here is my debug file:
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
Debug streams initialized, disable_stderr=0
22:53:58: ACTION[main]: minetest with SER_FMT_VER_HIGHEST=20, VER=0.3.1 RUN_IN_PLACE=0 USE_GETTEXT=1 INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr BUILD_TYPE=Release
22:53:58: ERROR[main]: Error opening configuration file "/home/julio/.minetest/minetest.conf"
INFO: Initial run of init_mapnode with g_texturesource=NULL. If this segfaults, there is a bug with something not checking for the NULL value.
22:53:58: INFO[main]: Settings: Setting not found: "enable-unittests"
22:53:58: INFO[main]: Settings: Setting not found: "server"
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas()
22:53:58: INFO[main]: Creating texture atlas out of textures: "[noalpha:leaves.png" "apple.png" "bookshelf.png" "brick.png" "cactus_side.png" "cactus_top.png" "chest_front.png" "chest_lock.png" "chest_side.png" "chest_top.png" "clay.png" "cloud.png" "cobble.png" "fence.png" "furnace_front.png" "furnace_side.png" "glass.png" "grass.png" "grass_footsteps.png" "gravel.png" "junglegrass.png" "jungletree.png" "jungletree_top.png" "ladder.png" "lava.png" "mese.png" "mossycobble.png" "mud.png" "mud.png^grass_side.png" "nc_back.png" "nc_front.png" "nc_rb.png" "nc_side.png" "papyrus.png" "rail.png" "sand.png" "sandstone.png" "sapling.png" "sign_wall.png" "steel_block.png" "stone.png" "stone.png^mineral_coal.png" "stone.png^mineral_iron.png" "torch.png" "torch_on_ceiling.png" "torch_on_floor.png" "tree.png" "tree_top.png" "unknown_block.png" "unknown_block.png^mineral_coal.png" "unknown_block.png^mineral_iron.png" "wood.png"
22:53:58: INFO[main]: generate_image(): generating special modification "[noalpha:leaves.png"
22:53:58: INFO[main]: generate_image(): Loading path "/usr/bin/../share/minetest/leaves.png"
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "[noalpha:leaves.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "apple.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "bookshelf.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "brick.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "cactus_side.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "cactus_top.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "chest_front.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "chest_lock.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "chest_side.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "chest_top.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "clay.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "cloud.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "cobble.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "fence.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "furnace_front.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "furnace_side.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "glass.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "grass.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "grass_footsteps.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "gravel.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "junglegrass.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "jungletree.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "jungletree_top.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "ladder.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "lava.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "mese.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "mossycobble.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "mud.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "mud.png^grass_side.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "nc_back.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "nc_front.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "nc_rb.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "nc_side.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "papyrus.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "rail.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "sand.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "sandstone.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "sapling.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "sign_wall.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "steel_block.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "stone.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "stone.png^mineral_coal.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "stone.png^mineral_iron.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "torch.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "torch_on_ceiling.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "torch_on_floor.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "tree.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "tree_top.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "unknown_block.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "unknown_block.png^mineral_coal.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "unknown_block.png^mineral_iron.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: TextureSource::buildMainAtlas(): Adding "wood.png" to texture atlas
22:53:58: INFO[main]: Settings: Setting not found: "speedtests"
22:53:58: INFO[main]: Settings: Setting not found: "random-input"
22:53:58: INFO[main]: text_height=18
22:53:58: INFO[main]: getTextureIdDirect(): "unknown_block.png^[forcesingle" NOT found in cache. Creating it.
22:53:58: INFO[main]: getTextureIdDirect(): "unknown_block.png" found in cache
22:53:58: INFO[main]: generate_image(): generating special modification "[forcesingle"
22:53:58: INFO[main]: getTextureIdDirect(): "stone.png^[forcesingle" NOT found in cache. Creating it.
22:53:58: INFO[main]: getTextureIdDirect(): "stone.png" found in cache
22:53:58: INFO[main]: generate_image(): generating special modification "[forcesingle"
22:53:58: INFO[main]: getTextureIdDirect(): "[inventorycube{stone.png{stone.png{stone.png" NOT found in cache. Creating it.
22:53:58: INFO[main]: generate_image(): generating special modification "[inventorycube{stone.png{stone.png{stone.png"

I'll try with these packages too.
Last edited by The_Loko on Sat Dec 03, 2011 16:57, edited 1 time in total.

The_Loko

by The_Loko » Mon Dec 05, 2011 20:58

With sudo minetest I get the same messages in console, except Segment Violation.

The_Loko

by The_Loko » Tue Dec 13, 2011 21:09

Anyone? I think the problem is here:

celeron55

by celeron55 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 18:16

It would seem you get a segmentation fault while it is pre-rendering the cubes in the inventory to textures. My guess is that your GPU drivers fail. Not really much you can do except go buy a card which has a non-broken driver...

Well, you could modify all the Lua scripts to not use the inventorycube stuff but rather just plain textures in the inventory. I don't know if that will make it work, though; you could end up with some other problem.

Also, you could run it in gdb to know for sure what causes the segmentation fault. There is a small chance it is something else than the video driver, in which case it might be fixable.

The_Loko

by The_Loko » Tue Dec 20, 2011 20:36

Yes, it's the graphics card, I have same problem in other games. I'd try to get a new one :D

Return to Minetest Problems