crafting problems

chase.reardon

crafting problems

by chase.reardon » Wed Apr 17, 2013 14:03

Crafting for a book 3 across on th bottom? Tried many times it does not work! Please help I want to make a book case! Thanks!

PilzAdam

GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Wed Apr 17, 2013 14:07

chase.reardon

by chase.reardon » Wed Apr 17, 2013 14:15

Yea but I need to make a book and three papers. On the bottom doesn't make me a book . It just shows nothing

Topywo

by Topywo » Wed Apr 17, 2013 18:21

chase.reardon wrote:Yea but I need to make a book and three papers. On the bottom doesn't make me a book . It just shows nothing

Most of the times you can find the crafting recipe by opening the init.lua in the mod folder. In this case the "default" folder. The default folder is the most important part of the 'main'-game. It offers you a basic minetest-game. You can find the init.lua file of the default folder here: /games/common/mods/default

Receipts:

Paper:

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
minetest.register_craft({
    output = 'default:paper',
    recipe = {
        {'default:papyrus', 'default:papyrus', 'default:papyrus'},
    }
})

==> To make paper, make a horizontal line of papyrus in your crafting grid like this P P P (P=Papyrus). It doesn't matter if the horizontal row is in the top, middle or bottom row.

Book:

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
minetest.register_craft({
    output = 'default:book',
    recipe = {
        {'default:paper'},
    }
})

==> to make a book, make a vertical row of paper in your crafting grid like this:
P
P
P
(P= Paper :-o ). It doesn't matter if the vertical row is in the left, middle or right row.

Edit: typo
Last edited by Topywo on Wed Apr 17, 2013 18:22, edited 1 time in total.

quick.dudley

by quick.dudley » Thu Apr 18, 2013 04:05

This could be another case of the wiki being out of date.
There is another problem with the crafting system: if a crafting recipie has a "replacements" field the replacement only happens if there is no leftover of the item being replaced. For example: with Vanessa E's coloredwood mod: you can lose vessels by putting more than one dye bottle into the crafting grid.

Nayem30341

by Nayem30341 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 06:47

I think you need repair your crafting system.

Return to Minetest Problems