How to creat a mod ?

hifzhandiandra

How to creat a mod ?

by hifzhandiandra » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:07

I always see cool minetest mod in this website. My plan is to create my own mod, so i can make my Minetest looks cooler. Please tell me what do you use to make all of this mod.

Sorry for my bad english.

PilzAdam

GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:42

You are obviously not able to search things for yourself, that means that you probably cant create mods, since it requires the ability to search information.

Thermal_Shock

by Thermal_Shock » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:49

Maybe try the Discussion in other languages section. You might be able to better ask your questions there in your native language.

hifzhandiandra

by hifzhandiandra » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:58

IM SO SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH.
Last edited by hifzhandiandra on Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:59, edited 1 time in total.

nolan

by nolan » Sun Jul 14, 2013 23:20

PilzAdam wrote:You are obviously not able to search things for yourself, that means that you probably cant create mods, since it requires the ability to search information.

Sorry to say, but what kind of developer are you? He/she asks a question and you put him /her down.. If you are not going to help the player why say anything?
Minecraft Came Out For The Ps3

webdesigner97

GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 06:33

nolan wrote:
PilzAdam wrote:You are obviously not able to search things for yourself, that means that you probably cant create mods, since it requires the ability to search information.

Sorry to say, but what kind of developer are you? He/she asks a question and you put him /her down.. If you are not going to help the player why say anything?

Ok, I have to admit that it's right what PilzAdam said and I can understand that he is annoyed by the same question every week... But the way he communicytes this feeling is bad. Very bad.

webdesigner97

GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 06:37

@hifzhandiandra:

The most important condition to create mods is (in my opinion) being able to speak and understand english because every single function and table in the modding API has english names.
But ok. Here are some links about modding:

Modding Wiki
Modding API

PilzAdam

GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:21

nolan wrote:

He hasnt read the forum rules and guidelines (since he posted this topic in the wrong section), he writes in full capslock, he creats nonsense topics, he double posts topic...
There is a long list of things that he has done wrong, and he also has a low post count.
This all leads me to the assumption that he is an impatient kid and those are most likely not able to code.

Instead of simply ignoring him or writing "GTFO" I actually helped him (I admit in an unfriendly way) by telling him what he has to change to get more attention and really learn how to code.

This is not a place where we teach random people how to code without them doing anything at all (they should at least bother to search for themselves for 10 minutes).

You may want to read the link in my signature for further information.
Last edited by PilzAdam on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:22, edited 1 time in total.

nolan

by nolan » Mon Jul 15, 2013 17:06

PilzAdam wrote:
nolan wrote:

He hasnt read the forum rules and guidelines (since he posted this topic in the wrong section), he writes in full capslock, he creats nonsense topics, he double posts topic...
There is a long list of things that he has done wrong, and he also has a low post count.
This all leads me to the assumption that he is an impatient kid and those are most likely not able to code.

Instead of simply ignoring him or writing "GTFO" I actually helped him (I admit in an unfriendly way) by telling him what he has to change to get more attention and really learn how to code.

This is not a place where we teach random people how to code without them doing anything at all (they should at least bother to search for themselves for 10 minutes).

You may want to read the link in my signature for further information.
I agree with everything you said, but the way you said it to the player is why I even said anything, If you said that to me, I'd feel like you just called me stupid. But anyways, sorry for the inconvenience.
Minecraft Came Out For The Ps3

Return to Minetest Features