A Really Good Idea

stormrider2

A Really Good Idea

by stormrider2 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 04:40

I just thought of a really good idea for this game today. And that idea is making vehicles. What if we had eight steel blocks and one lump of coal make a motor. And the blocks that surround the motor will be a car, boat, or a train. The number of motors a vehicle has will determine its speed.

andrei009

by andrei009 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 08:11

Good idea indeed , but a max speed should be set (max 4-6 engine blocks I say) and base on engine determine the max vehicle weight. You sad "car, boat, or a train" why not helicopter , airplane ? It should be implemented some sort of ramps , smoth terrain , or just half of blocks to make vehicles run on them. And the physics engine its hard to make i think ...
Anyway , for all of this need to redesign the hole engine , because the loading could block players if the area isn't loaded fast enough , so if two players are in the same vehicle and one player load the area faster , one of them can just fall off ...

benajamin

by benajamin » Tue Jun 07, 2011 19:29

I like the idea of vehicles too, but would rather see large, slow moving vehicles like ships and airships/blimps. What would really make it awesome would be to be able to build the entire thing out of blocks. I see people building ships in Minecraft all the time and they look great!

benajamin

by benajamin » Sat Jun 18, 2011 08:26

Just came across "Blockade Runner", which has moving entities at could inspire how to implement vehicles in Minetest.

Site: http://www.zanmgt.com/News.aspx
Video demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxLECn178yA

Return to Minetest Features